Netflix series | Page 2 | Vital Football

Netflix series

I'd recommend sticking with Money Heist, it's OTT but a good watch for me. Season 3 is a bit slower but season 4 is pretty much all action. I think the director said for that season he deliberately wanted stuff happening all the time.

Ooo yeah I love a bit of Tokyo, especially when she likes to win every argument by asking if they want to fuck her 😂

Have you guys been watching with subs or dubs?
Subs for me, find it quite relaxing, like reading a book.

I started with dubs but ended up finding Denver's voice and laugh too annoying. I also speak a bit of Spanish so the subs was a chance to be reminded of some.

I glad a few of you have watched it - I can't for the life of me get my mates to watch it because its not in English. They all binged bloody Tiger King though!

I glad a few of you have watched it - I can't for the life of me get my mates to watch it because its not in English. They all binged bloody Tiger King though!

Have you watched Elite? It's some of the same cast, and you'll probably know after a couple of episodes whether it's for you

Has white lines got subtitles for when they're speaking Spanish, because I find it infuriating as I don't understand the lingo?

I tried tiger king but cannot see the fascination.

I’m also not usually a gervais fan, however afterlife is incredibly well written. Both laugh out loud funny and tearfully somber in equal measure. I’d advise anyone to watch it, just started derek which is ok but not a patch on afterlife.

I tried tiger king but cannot see the fascination.

I’m also not usually a gervais fan, however afterlife is incredibly well written. Both laugh out loud funny and tearfully somber in equal measure. I’d advise anyone to watch it, just started derek which is ok but not a patch on afterlife.

100% agree. I gave up with Tiger King as well.

It`s all about opinions...... :throw:

Exactly Lancs 👍

And if you don’t like After Life, yours is wrong 😁

It’s the first thing I’ve ever watched on Netflix. And having wondered for a year or 2 how the rest of my family manage to “binge watch” things, I finally realised.

Saw both completed series in the one weekend. As mark said, I fell about laughing, and wanted to curl up crying in every episode. Genius.

I’ve since watched “Derek”. Another great Gervais work, although not quite up there with After Life.

Just to add and I’m sure most have seen it already, but I love black mirror. All stand alone episodes so you can watch a few, leave it a bit, have a few more. I can understand how some people just don’t “get it” though.

I also liked ‘end of the f*cking world’ too.

Just to add and I’m sure most have seen it already, but I love black mirror. All stand alone episodes so you can watch a few, leave it a bit, have a few more. I can understand how some people just don’t “get it” though.

Life feels like an episode of black mirror at the moment

Some of Black Mirror was excellent. Quality started to drop towards the end though, I thought.

End of the fucking world was fantastic.
Would also recommend the soundtrack on Spotify.
James Acaster - Repertoire also utterly brilliant

Have you seen the outtakes? How they ever got round to finishing some scenes I'll never know, Paul Kaye talking about the threesome in the disabled toilets had me crying with laughter.

No I haven’t seen the out takes - will have to check them out.

Highlight for me was Brian’s stand up routine - don’t think I’ve ever laughed that much. Ended up on the floor unable to move.

Really? I thought 2 of the last 3 were great. The Ashley too one less so.

It was still pretty good towards the end, but I don't think it ever reached the standards of the first couple of series. Put it this way, if I had to do a top 5 of my favourite episodes, I'd probably go with (in no particular order) White Christmas, White Bear, Entire History of You, Be Right Back, and San Junipero, so 4 from the first 2 series and 1 from the 3rd.

That said, the 2nd series also had The Waldo Moment, which would probably be near the bottom of my list.

Netflix is a real winner for me ..... especially being furloughed and before when I had three months off between jobs.

Breaking Bad
Better Call Saul
Chapo
Narcos
Narcos Mexico
White Lines
Homeland (after being on c4 and can binge it on here)
Sunderland Till I die
Afterlife 1 and 2
Some new films also released on here

etc etc ..... all cracking

Lion King....watched it last few days ..... interesting idea but really stretched out into 7 (8) episodes .... certainly flagged ... hard to know who to feel sorry for ....

just starting watching Hollywood .... very different ..... but good so far

Black Museum was very good, and if I hadn't already seen White Christmas it would quite possibly have made my top 5. But in a show that had so many brilliant and original ideas, throughout that episode I just couldn't shake the idea that I'd seen it all before in White Christmas.