Nathan Baker Sold | Vital Football

Nathan Baker Sold

Not impressed with this sale at all. Nathan Baker goes to one of our Championship competitors.

<br><br><a href ="http://www.vitalfootball.co.uk/router.asp?7523269">Click here to read the article</a><br><br>

He played all the 2015 2016 season at lower mid table bristol city in the Championship , he played mid table championship last season for us , he will play mid table championship next season. Good luck for the future .

Although I would rather have kept Baker than Richards, I am not overly fussed as long as we got a decent fee (£3m+). Richards is almost impossible to shift given his wages. Baker was going to be 4th choice at centre back and likely to only play a handful of games. He is good enough to be a starter in a mid-table Championship team and, at 26, deserves the chance to play regularly. I don't think he is good enough to be a starter in a promotion team as, although his commitment cannot be faulted, his decision making is still suspect. Even if we ignore Richards and Elphick we still have cover for the other 3 centre backs with Jedinak and De Laet. I wish Baker well.

While I'd still prefer Baker over Richards and Elphick any day of the week nevertheless he did suffer from poor concentration during games often resulting in mistakes and getting injured trying to rectify his position on the pitch. But to be fair he was certainly improving and it was getting less of a problem.

With the stupid contract Richards has he won't be in a hurry to leave or anyone interested in him.

Hopefully, Elphick will move soon?

Injury aside, cant see the point in this transfer decision by Villa.
Only a few short months ago we were singing his praises and saying that he was starting to deliver on the promise he had always shown. Some great performances last season but now replaced by much older short term buys.
Seems Bruce doesnt like the kids, preferring the proven, but much older type of player.
Wish him all the best at his new club.

Had the odd good game but always had a mistake in his locker. £4m is good business. Let's hope this plus the £6m from Veretout is used to buy a decent attacking midfielder who can create chances. Elphick, Hutton now to move on.

A very shortsighted move, as I see it.
Baker was maturing into a decent centreback.
I wonder what will happen when Terry, then Samba, Richards and Chester are finished.
We will have no one to bridge the 12 year gap to Toner and Bedeau, in a position that more than any other, needs experience.
This move, for me, is just storing up trouble for the near future.

Villa are always the same. Set one plan throw it out with the manager. Total extreme of 1st plan. Throw it out. Go back to old plan. Repeat

Samba is 33 JT 36.

Baker 26 and could have learned loads from their experience

We aren't building anything solid here are we?

Crazy and ridiculous. I thought this season would do him good learning from JT and Samba.

Something is not right when we have to sell players like Nathan.

Very short sighted. Not only are Terry and Samba just here for the sort term, but neither is going to play every game and at their ages are quite liable to get injured. Baker we know can play alongside Chester. Sherwood was right when he said he's a slow developer; he will get better. With Terry showing the way he would learn staying here.

In spite of the odd mistake he was part of one of the meanest Championship defences last season. Poor. It does mean at the end of this season whether we get promoted or not Bruce is going to have to fork out for a class defender to play alongside Chester.

I love seeing the youth players coming through. Unfortunately, Baker is about as good as he's ever going to get and it's not good enough for us.