Naismith | Page 2 | Vital Football

Naismith

Think I agreed with the first point !
If we can move him on for fair value not buttons agree - do you trust the admins (who will add another sell on benefit for themselves no doubt) ?
If it's for nowt then we should be keeping him for the rest of the season.
And it's realism not scepticism given what's played out these last 6 months 😉

Curious (and genuine) question Hampton, what would you consider a fair price for Naismith, with 6 months left on his contract, in the current market ? I doubt there will be much sell on value whatever deal we get. He's 29 in a couple of months, I assume he'll be looking for his last decent payday and I don't blame him, I'd do exactly the same.

Curious (and genuine) question Hampton, what would you consider a fair price for Naismith, with 6 months left on his contract, in the current market ? I doubt there will be much sell on value whatever deal we get. He's 29 in a couple of months, I assume he'll be looking for his last decent payday and I don't blame him, I'd do exactly the same.
Not saying I blame Naismith at all here - am calling out the club and the complicit journo.
As for value it wouldn't be much but a further Garneresque style departure would not be in the clubs best interst given the state of our squad - better keep him to help the kids.
Separately if Naismith has been to Cyprus he won't be able to play for 2 weeks due to covid self isolation - so well done all round - Tics again the losers

Think I agreed with the first point !
If we can move him on for fair value not buttons agree - do you trust the admins (who will add another sell on benefit for themselves no doubt) ?
If it's for nowt then we should be keeping him for the rest of the season.
And it's realism not scepticism given what's played out these last 6 months 😉

So you would be happy for us to retain the services of a player for the last six months of his contract, let him go for free in the summer, and hope that he will give his best on the pitch knowing we stopped a lucrative move for him and his family. Seems madness to me but perhaps you think he will play to his best under those conditions.

Take whatever we can get for him, bring in a player or players who want to be with the club and move on would be my solution.

So you would be happy for us to retain the services of a player for the last six months of his contract, let him go for free in the summer, and hope that he will give his best on the pitch knowing we stopped a lucrative move for him and his family. Seems madness to me but perhaps you think he will play to his best under those conditions.

Take whatever we can get for him, bring in a player or players who want to be with the club and move on would be my solution.
Again, if we can get fair value no problem, as a pro sportsman yes, I would expect him to give his best for his salary whoever is paying it.
Tbh if he only played at 75% he would be better than most of the current loanees !

Again, if we can get fair value no problem, as a pro sportsman yes, I would expect him to give his best for his salary whoever is paying it.
Tbh if he only played at 75% he would be better than most of the current loanees !

You've not said what you believe a fair value is. Windass is rumored to be going from Championship to Prem for 400k (paper talk admittedly), would you be happy with 100k for Naismith ? How about 50k ?
Just trying to establish a benchmark valuation before all the inevitable posts (not necessarily from you Hampton) slagging the admins off after the fact.
I think personally I'd be happy with anything other than nothing. I don't want to read about "getting his wages off the books" as the reason for him going for nowt, so I'd be happy with even as little as 50k.

You've not said what you believe a fair value is. Windass is rumored to be going from Championship to Prem for 400k (paper talk admittedly), would you be happy with 100k for Naismith ? How about 50k ?
Just trying to establish a benchmark valuation before all the inevitable posts (not necessarily from you Hampton) slagging the admins off after the fact.
I think personally I'd be happy with anything other than nothing. I don't want to read about "getting his wages off the books" as the reason for him going for nowt, so I'd be happy with even as little as 50k.
Who knows what fair value is right now ! What is for sure, and I agree with you here, any flannel about off the books with new owners imminent, doesn't wash at all. Neither would another admin skim of future transfer fees !
What we can't afford is to further weaken the squad right now so whether he wants to go or not until suitable replacements are in place he should be retained IMO.
Don't believe a 1 way ticket to L2 is in anyone's interest.

Windass to the Premier League? WTF!

This won't be a thing as the admins will not be transparent about the deal (a la Morsy) and no one (who could challenge them) will !

Always thought Naismith had class, he was so versatile, will be missed.
The club will have to make cuts to make ends meet. The sugar Daddy days are over Chaps ,but as long as we have the beautiful game to watch who cares.

Given EU players now can't come here without a work permit can players from the UK still go there easily? I'm not so sure and Naismith certainly wouldn't qualify with the points system for coming over here.

He is bound by confidentiality, if he printed everything he uncovers or hears the club would more than likely restrict access for day to day stories, how is that difficult to understand.

Bound by confidentiality!!! What bull.
Day to day stories are released by the club on their news feed.

He is bound by confidentiality, if he printed everything he uncovers or hears the club would more than likely restrict access for day to day stories, how is that difficult to understand.

He is bound by confidentiality, bollocks he is a Jernno who never digs for the real stories Harold Ashurt would turn in his grave if he was dead he would lol

It is inevitable- he will need stability.

Whatever he decides, he will always be a legend at this club

Can never be classed as a legend yes he has been the best of what we have
But never a legend liddle Boyce dezuee Roberts bullard and many more true legends sorry this Mon never evar fits the bill

Yes, rumours West Brom are interested, so premier league ... for another 5 months anyway.
Also seen Watford and Bournemouth are linked with him.

Just noticed Windass was subbed tonight on 37 minutes "clutching his hamstring".
Bad luck or tactical injury ?

Kal Naismith was very much criticised for his early performances and has grown I to being a very decent player for us. His willingness to do a job for the team has endeared him to the fans.

The issues we are all overlooking is we aren't taking into account that they're human just as we are - these players were on 20% of their wages. We don't know what conversations and promises they've been made, so with that uncertainty, it's only right that those on limited-time contracts explore other avenues, particularly when the EFL aren't ratifying a deal.

In all my time watching the latics. This Kendrick. Is by far the worst ever latics. Reporter. Bolton fella asked the questions. And got banned. But he got his way. And he told the fans. Everything. He knew. This fella only repeats other story’s. Sorry but he should have been ripping into these lot on a daily basis.

Do you buy his paper John?

He is bound by confidentiality, bollocks he is a Jernno who never digs for the real stories Harold Ashurt would turn in his grave if he was dead he would lol

I should not bother, but your stupid remark regarding Harold Ashurst shows you for the person you are.

All reporters who are close to any club have to be diplomatic and tight-lipped at what they report on at times, otherwise they would not have open access, only a fool would not realise that.