Naismith | Vital Football

Naismith

Club still being stripped into 2021. By the time we can watch latics live again there will likely be 2 or 3 reminingplayers from the squad that drew with Luton in March. Still utterly criminal what has happened to us.

I don't think the administration will directly affect the decision making around the loss of Naismith. We'd have probabaly been in the same situation with him anyway. He is in the last 6 months of his contract, we (and every other League One club) can't compete with his salary potential given the salary cap restrictions. He's likely to become a squad makeweight in the Championship or venture abroad (India / Cyprus ?) where he can earn more. This s going to happen to a lot of players across league one and two as contracts run down.
From a club point of view, if we can get a fee for him now then that may be preferential to him walking away for nothing in June. It will be interesting to see what (if any) transfer fee might be realised, I've no idea on the current market value of players given covid and lack of crowds etc, I guess we'll find out when we see all transfers during the January window.

A fee has been agreed with Apoel Nicosia and Naismith has already travelled to Cyprus to undergo a medical and discuss terms, despite it being reported he was injured for the Burton game he was in talks about a transfer.

A fee has been agreed with Apoel Nicosia and Naismith has already travelled to Cyprus to undergo a medical and discuss terms, despite it being reported he was injured for the Burton game he was in talks about a transfer.
If this is correct then yet another example of those admin bellends at the helm of our club treating it's fans with contempt.
Surprised the hack didn't expose this - oh hang on ! Still a couple of awkward questions sure to be asked off the back of it ?

If this is correct then yet another example of those admin bellends at the helm of our club treating it's fans with contempt.
Surprised the hack didn't expose this - oh hang on ! Still a couple of awkward questions sure to be asked off the back of it ?

Does PK's dog shit on your lawn or summat?

As Arthur says, it's probably best we try and recoup some money for him, rather than likely lose him anyway com summer.

Anyway, I'd have thought you'd be confident he won't pass the fitness test.
😉

Player injured and left out while he talks to another club. Lies lies fffing lies. Nothing new, how many bare faced lies did the last lot and their puppet board churn out ??? FFS when the bollocks is this bloody takeover going to take?

As Arthur says, it's probably best we try and recoup some money for him, rather than likely lose him anyway com summer.

😉
No shit on my lawn just hoping that maybe one day the "awkward questions" will be asked and an effective journalistic job be done by those who should be championing honesty, transparency and truth -per Mark Iles at BEN - compare and contrast.

😉
And tbh also agree to recoup some money unless the admins are fire selling again, if so what's the point ?
As for fitness - take the opposite view - sure there will be no problem passing the test 😉

No shit on my lawn just hoping that maybe one day the "awkward questions" will be asked and an effective journalistic job be done by those who should be championing honesty, transparency and truth -per Mark Iles at BEN - compare and contrast.

If you care to check an "effective journalistic job" has already been done and published, perhaps an apology is due ??

And tbh also agree to recoup some money unless the admins are fire selling again, if so what's the point ?
As for fitness - take the opposite view - sure there will be no problem passing the test 😉
If he's out of contract at the end of the season, then (again, as Arthur says) it's unlikely we will be able to afford his current wages, so, he'd likely be looking for a move anyway......

Not sure if you've been one, but some of our supporters are often critical of us letting contracts run down, thereby losing players for no transfer fee.

I love the way your scepticism plays both ways.
😉

If you care to check an "effective journalistic job" has already been done and published, perhaps an apology is due ??
I have , if that's what you call an "effective journalistic job" you're easily pleased.
Couple of examples from the "piece"
"Kal was left out of the Burton game due to a slight knock" - yet was fit enough to make a 5 1/2 hour flight - no challenge
Leanm quoted "The admins will make the right decision for the club" 🤔 - really ? - no challenge.
Any "awkward questions" at all ? - nope
Complicit in keeping fans in the dark - yep
An apology - not a chance 🤬

99% of you have called the lad not fit to burn for 18 months so why do you care? Hopefully he'll pack Massey in his kit bag.

If he's out of contract at the end of the season, then (again, as Arthur says) it's unlikely we will be able to afford his current wages, so, he'd likely be looking for a move anyway......

Not sure if you've been one, but some of our supporters are often critical of us letting contracts run down, thereby losing players for no transfer fee.

I love the way your scepticism plays both ways.
😉
Think I agreed with the first point !
If we can move him on for fair value not buttons agree - do you trust the admins (who will add another sell on benefit for themselves no doubt) ?
If it's for nowt then we should be keeping him for the rest of the season.
And it's realism not scepticism given what's played out these last 6 months 😉