N/G A Touch of Frost | Vital Football

N/G A Touch of Frost

Whitstabletangerine

Vital Reserves Team
It looks like a cold spell coming up from Sunday as the Russian High pressure system draws in a rather bleak and cold Easterly, so as well as severe frosts there is a likely hood of snow, particularly mid week.
I just hope the older folk keep warm as best as possible, the last thing the NHS need is a surge in flu patients right now.

We have just had the coldest January for ten years - it occurred to me, have we ever looked forward to Spring as much as we do this year - Winter seems very bleak. I am having my vaccination tomorrow, I feel strangely euphoric about it - life will start to return to normal.

Just had 3 more inches of snow
23F (-5C) at 2 pm
Dropping 10F by 9 pm to 13F
4F (-15C) by 7 am tomorrow

Polar Vortex and -17F (-27C) by Monday with a "high" of -6F.
Windchill factor even colder.
Going-out-naked-wrapped-only-in-a-wet-towel factor just brutal

I'm off out to shovel in a bit.

Last edited:
I'd better go out wooding later today then. I'm beginning to run low.

At least the days are (slowly) getting longer. No sun for days though, my solar charge is on a red light and has been for days. If the sun doesn't start shiming soon I'll not have enough power to charge my laptop.

And if that happens I'll not be able to post on here...

So what you hoping for, sun or cloud, lol?!

I'd better go out wooding later today then. I'm beginning to run low.

At least the days are (slowly) getting longer. No sun for days though, my solar charge is on a red light and has been for days. If the sun doesn't start shiming soon I'll not have enough power to charge my laptop.

And if that happens I'll not be able to post on here...

So what you hoping for, sun or cloud, lol?!

*LSB2 does a rain dance* 😜

It's sunny in Maidstone right now 🙂

Anyone had their 10 inches yet? Snowing in Medway, not settling on the wet ground yet, but appears to be settling on parked cars. No doubt it will get worse. Enjoy.

Got to say when my wife said we might get a visit from 'Darcy' overnight, I went to bed in my very best pyjamas.
She didn't turn up sadly.
Even worse it's started snowing.