mr chairmon | Vital Football

mr chairmon

Feels a bit alien at the DW these days, If I'm being honest.

I too, am missing the half time smoke break - not just for the benefit of me (being a smoker), but also for benefit of the non-smokers who are now having to put up with walking into a thick choking fog every time they want the toilet.

The new stewards seem like soulless creatures - at least with the old ones you could have a laugh and a joke.

Also, another part of the match day experience for me was being able to have a pint (or 3) of whatever Real Ale they had available in the concourse.
Unfortunately, that option has been replaced with the choice of 3
1). Carling - Worst Lager in the UK bar none.
2). Coors - A poor man's Budweiser
And,
3). Worthington's Bitter - Not a bad pint, but at £4.10, its probably the most expensive Bitter North of London.

Also why is there no Guinness in the South stand 🤯

None in the East or West stands either, bar staff far too slow, some don't even speak English very well, not good at all.

My intensions were to have a pint in the supporters bar this season but didn't join the SC this season with all their shenanigans, suppose i'll have to sup Worthy's until someone gets it sorted!

None in the East or West stands either, bar staff far too slow, some don't even speak English very well, not good at all.

My intensions were to have a pint in the supporters bar this season but didn't join the SC this season with all their shenanigans, suppose i'll have to sup Worthy's until someone gets it sorted!

I have Worthingtons in the ground, and to be fair, apart from the price, it is very similar and certainley no worse than the Tetleys in the Brick

I have Worthingtons in the ground, and to be fair, apart from the price, it is very similar and certainley no worse than the Tetleys in the Brick
We've had Worthingtons at the Stadium before (I memory serves me right, the egg chasers had a sponsorship deal with them for a while) but, it was a damn sight cheaper than it is now.

Both absolutely shite. Should be getting some decent beer in from some local breweries.
I completely agree.
Before lockdown the "Latics Ale" from Bowland Breweries was pretty decent, but my favourite was the Wily Fox variety.
They do one called "Karma Citra" - Best pint I've ever tasted.

Feels a bit alien at the DW these days, If I'm being honest.

The new stewards seem like soulless creatures - at least with the old ones you could have a laugh and a joke.

My mate is a new steward though the jammy get has copped for the Exec boxes first two matches, he tells me they are quite short on numbers and that a good many of them are bused in from Burnley of all places.
That might go some way to explaining their surliness or lack of interaction/local banter with fans maybe….for many it is ‘just a job’ rather than being a fan who gets paid to watch the game
(yeah I know they aren’t supposed to watch the match)

My mate is a new steward though the jammy get has copped for the Exec boxes first two matches, he tells me they are quite short on numbers and that a good many of them are bused in from Burnley of all places.
That might go some way to explaining their surliness or lack of interaction/local banter with fans maybe….for many it is ‘just a job’ rather than being a fan who gets paid to watch the game
Ahh that explains it then, Cheers for that 👍
Hope they've got reinforcements in for Tuesday Night, could get a bit tasty if they haven't 😳😬

I do the odd bit of chefing on some big events ( mainly horse racing) & from what I've seen & heard the whole sector is short across the board, from chefs & waiting staff through to security. I've even had emails asking if I want work at Sheff Utd & West Brom, not to mention catering jobs in schools / hospitals......think it'll be the same across all sectors as I've seen big bonuses for HGV drivers if they sign up for certain companies.

I do the odd bit of chefing on some big events ( mainly horse racing) & from what I've seen & heard the whole sector is short across the board, from chefs & waiting staff through to security. I've even had emails asking if I want work at Sheff Utd & West Brom, not to mention catering jobs in schools / hospitals......think it'll be the same across all sectors as I've seen big bonuses for HGV drivers if they sign up for certain companies.
£8 for a hot dog and a pint Waw😱

£8 for a hot dog and a pint Waw😱

It seems like everyone from Timber merchants, to restaurants, hotels & travel firms & our hobbies / pastimes be it going to the football or any other sport are trying to pull the pants down on the ordinary working person by the increased prices on damm near everything. I mean petrol prices are now at an 8 year high, wood has never been so expensive & even a little thing like a pint at the football is like London prices....I know firms have lost out on revenue this past 18 months but how come they think bugger all of hiking prices way up???
I was at Goodwood for the Qatar festival....it was £56 for half a lobster, almost £10 increase from previous meeting....#pullingourpantsdown