Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lenglet

• Bissouma

• Doherty

• Total voters
What a game, great play from everyone, but a bit mmmm! where Son was concerned, should really have had a hattrick.
My MOM's...

1 KULU
2 Bentacure
3 Sessegnon.
Agree re. Son PY. We could've really made a statement, albeit v Saints, with an emphatic win. 63 mins @ 4-1, surely Saints didn't raise their game to nullify our threat for the remaining 27+ mins.

On the other side Royal had a much better second half once the space opened up for him. But it was very poor defending from him for their first goal. In a tight space like that he was beaten far too easily. It's recurring weakness with him and one I was hoping the backroom would be working with him on during the summer.

Well he did what a defender should do in that situation, force the player down to the line.
PEH on the otherside jumped into empty space when he should have been marking ward prowse. Instead of mis calculating the ball he should have marked WP and the goal wouldnt have happened. For me PEH was the one who looked the worst for the goal.

Well he did what a defender should do in that situation, force the player down to the line.
PEH on the otherside jumped into empty space when he should have been marking ward prowse. Instead of mis calculating the ball he should have marked WP and the goal wouldnt have happened. For me PEH was the one who looked the worst for the goal.
If that's what you would want your defender to do in that situation, fair enough. I'd want mine to block the cross.

I don't think Royal was guiding him to the byleine either. He was beaten by the stepover and then dived in making it too easy for the cross.

PEH was equally culpable though.

Hi folks
I was on the other threads last year debating (arguing) the point of Kulu and, Bentacur with a poster (unnamed) as he's not here to defend himself.
But he stated that they weren't next level.
However I argued that whilst, they within themselves may not be next level (yet) they could in fact bring our team to next level as they were prepared to work within Contes ethos and bring other "comfortable" players along so to speak.
I think that's sort of where we are now, not that we don't have some great individuals, however collectively and as a unit, we have an excellent squad in the making.
I do feel that with the new players, but more importantly with a strong manager who has a never say die mentality.
We have a squad who are happy and excited to play their part in a Spurs shirt, if that makes sense.
When I look at winning teams over the years, how many players in those teams were real greats?
The Liverpool team of the 70s, hadn't many "greats" no George Bests, Bobby Charlton, Bobby Moore.
But collectively and with that mentality, they were dominant
Similairly
The old Notts Foest, again, how many real "Great players" but with a strong manager, they did dominate for a short time.
We always had a smattering of "World class" or Superstar players
Klinsmann, Hoddle, Waddle, Gazza, Ginola, Moderic, Bale I could go on.
But as a team whilst, entertaining and in many cases other people's 2nd favourites, we won very little and were often also rans.
So for me now, with less of those "prestiege" players we have perhaps become more of a team.
I'm rambling...

Hi folks
I was on the other threads last year debating (arguing) the point of Kulu and, Bentacur with a poster (unnamed) as he's not here to defend himself.
However I argued that whilst, they within themselves may not be next level (yet) they could in fact bring our team to next level as they were prepared to work within Contes ethos and bring other "comfortable" players along so to speak.
I think that's sort of where we are now, not that we don't have some great individuals, however collectively and as a unit, we have an excellent squad in the making.
I do feel that with the new players, but more importantly with a strong manager who has a never say die mentality.
We have a squad who are happy and excited to play their part in a Spurs shirt, if that makes sense.
When I look at winning teams over the years, how many players in those teams were real greats?
The Liverpool team of the 70s, hadn't many "greats" no George Bests, Bobby Charlton, Bobby Moore.
Similairly
The old Notts Foest, again, how many real "Great players" but with a strong manager, they did dominate for a short time.
But as a team whilst, entertaining and in many cases other people's 2nd favourites, we won very little and were often also rans.
So for me now, with less of those "prestiege" players we have perhaps become more of a team.
I'm rambling...
You keep on rambling mate, cos it makes sense lol!
Was it on the "darkside" you were debating Kulu n Bent? for me 2 very good signings who most importantly want to play the Conte way!

Hi folks
Similairly
I'm rambling...
You say it as you see it mate. Do go for it!

I agree with your thought process, but will also add that with the new signings we also have a setup where the younger players can learn a lot from these 'intelligent' and 'calm' newbies. Hopefully Sess is benefiting from Perisic and on the other side I see a bit of a chemistry bewteen Kulu and Emerson. Shame that Son and Sess are not a collective yet.

Hi PY
Indeed it was on the dark side, the guy with the 3 letter name 😉.
CS fully agree, we have that mix of youth and experience, plus the squad has now been refreshed.
We don't have that Flat, predictable, comfortable squad of previous years. Just ticking over..
Just feeling a bit like something is on the horizon here with us.

Easy choice: Kulu.

He was instrumental in just about every decent attacking move we made. Quite why was withdrawn when Kane and Son were left on, I don't know. But then I do know really.

The back 3 were very good defensively notwithstanding Romero's crazy free kcik near the end.

Bentancur was easily the pick of the midfield two. I'd like to think he was withdrawn before PEH because of his booking but suspect not.

Great to see Sess on the scoresheet. This is the area I want to see him kick on. We know he has goalscoring capability.

On the other side Royal had a much better second half once the space opened up for him. But it was very poor defending from him for their first goal. In a tight space like that he was beaten far too easily. It's recurring weakness with him and one I was hoping the backroom would be working with him on during the summer.

Son was out of sorts most of the afternoon. Kane was largely ineffective. It's a shame Richarlison wasn't on the bench. Those are the sort games I'd like to see Kane or Son substituted - when they're having very little impact on the match. It will probably happen with Son. I'm not convinced we'll see it with Kane.

Overall a great result and start to the season. And even better that we weren't reliant on Kane and/or Son to deliver the goals.

This!