Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Dele

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rodon

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • Davies

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I have to cut him some slack, talk about a baptism of fire. That's on Nuno aswell. I'm not sure which pundit it was, possibly Jenas, who said Royal was at fault on two of the goals. I think Zaha got round him and crossed in for one and he switched off for the second ambling back.
I think Royal has potential but that's not what we needed to replace Aurier who had previously owned Zaha from my memory. We needed an upgrade, an immediate upgrade as we did for all replacements, otherwise 7th place in theory would be difficult.
I will wait and see on Royal and Romero. Gil is obviously for the future and I'm OK with that.

I try not to listen to Jenas that much if I'm honest.

It appears he capitulated after I turned the TV off. I can't deal with watching Ben Davies. Stealing a wage.

5 years ago we had 11 players in the squad that were either top 4 level or near to it. The 2016 squad had...
Lloris, Walker, Rose, Toby, Vert, Dier, Wanyama, Eriksen, Dembele, Son and Kane.

At the moment I can only count 2. Son and Kane. Lloris has slipped. 7 of the others have gone and the question is....did we replace
to the same level ? The answer being no, IMO.
For this reason I find myself thinking....OK, let's move the goalposts, instead of top 4 level let's drop the level to top 6.....hmm, I'm struggling, how low do I go ?
Have a go if you like. List our top six level players.

Lloris ( debatable)
Son
Kane.

No fucker was capable of picking him out. He made numerous fantastic runs but was ignored.
He made some great runs, particularly in the first half. But none of our midfielders had the confidence or ability to pick him him out.
Good spot guys. You've hit upon another one my whinges!. We recruit some talented players, but the dross around them brings them down to their level!. I recall when Reggie arrived, I thought wow!. Here we are he did little right yesterday and whatever happened to his overlapping runs and crosses?. I fear Gil may go down that route too.

Good spot guys. You've hit upon another one my whinges!. We recruit some talented players, but the dross around them brings them down to their level!. I recall when Reggie arrived, I thought wow!. Here we are he did little right yesterday and whatever happened to his overlapping runs and crosses?. I fear Gil may go down that route too.
I suppose if you're Reggie (or whoever is operating on the opposite side) it becomes disheartening after a while.

Let's say you're Reggie and you get to the bye line: you have two options -

a) to take the safe option, go for height and loft it in. But if you take that option who's in there? Son won't challenge in the air; Moura is brave but doesn't have the height; and Kane is an excellent header of a ball but doesn't like to compete for it.

b) to take the harder option, keeping it low and looking for a specific player in space. But that's also fraught with danger because we very rarely get enough bodies in the box to give Reggie a reasonable chance of picking a player out.

We need one or two of our midfield players pushing into the penalty area. Look at how Gallagher supported the Palace forwards yesterday. You very rarely see PEH or Winks do that. Skipp I wouldn't expect to. Dele before yesterday was doing it on counter attacks but often Berg or Moura were way behind him.

So under those circumstances the crosser tends to look bad but more often than not it's because he doesn't have many options. And who continually wants to look bad?

The value of our FBs, I think, is to provide us with width, rather than to create chances directly. It's to draw defenders out to create space for others.

Royal was awful at times. Poor positional play. Zaha had him on toast.

Hard game for a debut for numerous reasons but he really needs to show some intelligence.

Hopefully adding Sanchez and Romero to the defensive unit will help him settle. It was chaos yesterday.

Zaha when he's on it is a right handful. It was a baptism of fire for Royal who had a tough day at the office. He'll have better days for sure but he needs time to adjust to his new surroundings.

I actually thought Royal had a decent game. Zaha didnt get the better of him much at all really. Only 2 times did he leave him behind.

No judgement for the lad though. Zaha was a prick all game.

I actually thought Royal had a decent game. Zaha didnt get the better of him much at all really. Only 2 times did he leave him behind.

No judgement for the lad though. Zaha was a prick all game.

It's the amateur dramatics that annoy me with guys like Zaha. He was a big baby all game. A generation of footballers that have been allowed to become like that because of the governing bodies and officials.

Royal was awful at times. Poor positional play. Zaha had him on toast.

Hard game for a debut for numerous reasons but he really needs to show some intelligence.

Hopefully adding Sanchez and Romero to the defensive unit will help him settle. It was chaos yesterday.

Reasons why Barcelona wasn't all that fussed about letting him go. Not sure I'd like Royal and Sanchez on the same side of our defence, JR all day long for me.

I dislike Zaha with a passion. Even more so after Saturdays antics. Should have been sent off for raising his hands to Tanganga. That would have been justice. Horrible little man.
100% with you both there, spurs54 and 80.
Regards the red should have been, I thought it was only me who spotted that, was wondering if I should go to Specsavers lol!