Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Dele

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rodon

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • Davies

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I am on my own with Lucas preferring to give it to a flair player but Rodon almost got it. Moura has the highest media rating so far so I'm not alone totally, just on here.

Lucas was fantastic.

I suppose I gave it to rodon as I was expecting him to be poor and was good, whereas lucas I was expecting him to be average but was good.

The expectation splitting the difference.

From a pure effectiveness while on the pitch perspective Tanganga was far and away the best player.

No fucker was capable of picking him out. He made numerous fantastic runs but was ignored.
He made some great runs, particularly in the first half. But none of our midfielders had the confidence or ability to pick him him out.

When you think about it, most of the balls out to Reggie or whoever is overlapping on the right, come from our CBs. But the problem with that is that they are necessarily longer and higher balls, and unless they are pinpoint accurate it takes time for the FBs to bring the ball under control, by which time the opponents are on top of them.

We need midfielders who can see the runs, pass quickly and accurately, and preferably ahead of the FBs so that they have space to run into.

Saw him make lots of crunching tackles but I turned it off after the pen. Someone thought PEH was motm so clearly we were all watching different games. Royal was one of our better performers imo...not that it was a high bar.

I have to cut him some slack, talk about a baptism of fire. That's on Nuno aswell. I'm not sure which pundit it was, possibly Jenas, who said Royal was at fault on two of the goals. I think Zaha got round him and crossed in for one and he switched off for the second ambling back.
I think Royal has potential but that's not what we needed to replace Aurier who had previously owned Zaha from my memory. We needed an upgrade, an immediate upgrade as we did for all replacements, otherwise 7th place in theory would be difficult.
I will wait and see on Royal and Romero. Gil is obviously for the future and I'm OK with that.