More Millers Rumours | Page 6 | Vital Football

More Millers Rumours

Interestingly, Olosunde recovered from injury enough to play several games in the PNE reserve XI which won the Central League North title last season.

Saw a mention that Arsenal may be looking to loan out their young RB, Brooke Norton-Cuffy. He played at Lincoln last season and did well. Very quick. Has played for England at U19s.

I saw that about Brooke Norton-Cuffy - it was the same place I'd seen about the young Blades lad coming.
Must be true then, Caz!:grinning: Seriously though, Warne yesterday mentioned his good relationship with Arsenal. So, who knows?
By the way, Warne sometimes makes comments which are simply daft. Why say that Southampton wanted Smallbone to come to us? It could embarrass Saints and annoy Stoke. Then he says "Not sure if he's played much there" when a moment's inquiry would show Smallbone has made 4 appearances, 2 as a starter. Warne baffles me sometimes.

Last edited:
Caz, looks like Norton-Cuffy is about to join us. If he does and Tom Eaves looks to be about ready and JJ not far off let me say that the club would definitely sell Chieo if a bid comes in. It's not any problem with Chieo who I think will get better but I don't see how he fits our preferred system. Playing in a 4:3:3 he'll do really well. But we're going to play wing-backs and two up front and I just don't see that RUFC are his best option. Sorry but that's my view.:clown::throw::surrender:

Caz, looks like Norton-Cuffy is about to join us. If he does and Tom Eaves looks to be about ready and JJ not far off let me say that the club would definitely sell Chieo if a bid comes in. It's not any problem with Chieo who I think will get better but I don't see how he fits our preferred system. Playing in a 4:3:3 he'll do really well. But we're going to play wing-backs and two up front and I just don't see that RUFC are his best option. Sorry but that's my view.:clown::throw::surrender:

Don't be sorry, Lindum, everyone is entitled to their own view.

Fair enough. We don't always have to always play Chieo as a wing back though. We are allowed to change formation during a game, if needed. We might need to go to 3-4-3, for example late in a game, if we are losing. According to Warney, Chieo is not fit enough to play 90 mins in every game anyway. Useful for the manager to have a few cards up his sleeve - options on the bench, etc.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

18/08/22

Paul Davis (Advertiser) Twitter- Warney confident that we will have a new wing-back in on loan for the League Cup game on Tuesday. I'm planning to go to the match so hopefully I will be able to see him... unless he get hijacked by Wigan, the Owls, Stoke, Barnsley, etc.

Last edited:
I checked out B N-C on Arsenal fans forum. They rate him very highly and Lincoln fans rated him as best loan signing in years. Watched a couple of vids. He's really quick, takes men on, drives forward. He looks really, really good. Downside is I hear PNE fancy him too.

Wish Warney wouldn't say anything until we have actualy signed a player.
It alerts other clubs, and it only needs a quick phone call to their agent... we know what can easily happen next (and often does!)

I'd be surprised if that's how other clubs find out about our interest. Much more likely, I would have thought, their (money grabbing!) agent sends notification of any interest/offer to all Championship Clubs, telling them in an attempt to create a 'bidding war' and push up the price!

Forest keep signing lots of players - they must have some that they are going to loan out? Although previous signings from them have not been very good ... and to think that we sold them Barry Lyons for next to nowt... and Alan Hill. :(

Last edited:
Oh dear. His agent now says seven Championship clubs are in for him including Preston. They are weighing up options. Blast! Is PW still confident of getting him? I only put the video up because it was supposedly a done deal. No such thing with RUFC though.:(

Oh dear. His agent now says seven Championship clubs are in for him including Preston. They are weighing up options. Blast! Is PW still confident of getting him? I only put the video up because it was supposedly a done deal. No such thing with RUFC though.:(

Radio Sheffield (Andy Giddings?) was surprised nothing had been announced he said on the show last night.

Radio Sheffield (Andy Giddings?) was surprised nothing had been announced he said on the show last night.
Well yesterday his agent strongly suggested they'd narrowed it down to four Championship clubs and seven had expressed an interest. Doesn't look good. I know one of them is PNE. I really wanted him to come to us. He'll probably go to Stoke and in a panic PW will bring in Clarke.:shake: