MoN OUT | Page 2 | Vital Football

MoN OUT

Absolutely zero chance of that happening.

Good to see you back Sniffer

Can you remember when I asked you about plans being set in motion about developing the ground?..i had heard at the time and you said you had heard nothing?

Looks like my guys were not talking bollox

Absolutely zero chance of that happening.
That is a shame.

O'Neill is a romantic choice and I couldn't be opposed to it, but it's an odd choice. He doesn't remotely fit the squad we possess.

Next summer, if allowed, he will undertake a massive and expensive refit of the squad that will swing forest to his style. Eventually we might even be successful, bit not in the timeframe he has and not in a way many of the fans will be happy with. Meanwhile, this dreadful season and £25m will have been totally wasted when it need not be.

He won't be able to achieve promotion in time because EM's patience is already gone through two years and won't stand starting again. So we'll end up with another manager, and no doubt they will be more of a possession manager and want to refit the squad again.

Very odd choice on reflection and not a good advert for the footballing knowledge of those in charge or the interview process.

O'Neill's football is more than capable of being good, as it was often at Villa but the noises he has made this week about transfers really worries me. Talking about only home grown players just increases the suspicion that what is happening now isn't a marker on a long road to great football but a real indication of the destination.

Problem is, if Karanka is out I would fear for who the other candidates would be and whether they would out us in a better position than O'Neill. No point appointing Carvalhal, who is a proven failure, and letting him spend £8m on an aging Forestieri for example

He is an absolutely shocking manager and we shouldn't even joke about it. Absolutely 100% wrong for a club our size.

I care what I see on the pitch and in the league table, not what I hear in an interview after we've lost yet again
He would at least get us attacking. Defence would be shocking though admittedly.

In all seriousness I am struggling to think of anyone.

He would at least get us attacking. Defence would be shocking though admittedly.

In all seriousness I am struggling to think of anyone.
So am I, but it's no good having a manager that gets you attacking all the time when you have a squad built to soak pressure and counter attack. That's one of the big problems O'Neill is having. He wants the ball forward quicker and us attacking more and the players can't do it.

We'd have been better off with someone like Steve Bruce. I don't particularly want to see Bruce-ball either, but at least he fits the squad we have

And he gets his clubs promoted too.
Does he?

Ask Leicester fans.

He has three promotions, two from this league. The promotion from Crystal Palace was fortuitous for him to say the least- the work was all done by his predecessor (I believe Dougie Freedman wasn't it?) and by the time of the playoffs he looked very, very down.

So am I, but it's no good having a manager that gets you attacking all the time when you have a squad built to soak pressure and counter attack. That's one of the big problems O'Neill is having. He wants the ball forward quicker and us attacking more and the players can't do it.

We'd have been better off with someone like Steve Bruce. I don't particularly want to see Bruce-ball either, but at least he fits the squad we have
So we actually have two problems if/when MoN goes - who do we want that suits the players we have and who would want to come to us. Maybe we should put a call out to the self-styled intellectual that is Sol Campbell.

I think we should give him more time but understand the concerns.If we ever go down the route of giving someone an opportunity of management would be happy for us to give Ian Woan a chance.

A little while ago I posted that I would probably renew my season ticket.
I won't be renewing.
Cue the derision.
I live out of county due to work and although I will be going home next year, I am not enjoying watching Forest.
The football served up by MON is absolutely shocking.
Most lower league sides are playing a better style than ours.
I simply cannot countenance the season ticket cost as well as fuel etc.
I don't want to stop going but this style of football is absolute rubbish.
It's going to end badly. We all know it. MON is a footballing dinosaur, his tactics are doubtful at best and we are not a hoofball side.
I dread our transfer business this summer.
I will no doubt be called fickle etc but I'm being honest. I'm not enjoying watching dross and it's depressing.

Davies got a second second chance...give Dougie another try ...wirh money this time...look at what he managed to do a Palace...not only some years ago...but even this time...he joined them as DoF with an OaP as a manager...nd established them in the Premiership...

Bunch of cry babies

It's the same old shit

Is anyone surprised this was going to happen

We new this was going to happen

Let the man have next season

I see some of the posters who cry about stability are now saying get rid

It was always going to be a car crash after another upheaval at the club

KNEW FFS KNEW

Good to see you back Sniffer

Can you remember when I asked you about plans being set in motion about developing the ground?..i had heard at the time and you said you had heard nothing?

Looks like my guys were not talking bollox

You don't actually believe him do you df?

You don't actually believe him do you df?

I believe he posted stuff before anyone else and was right about some of it

He was passing on info from a Greek journalist friend? and got loads of shit for it

Go back to the old threads when the takeover was happening and you will see that some of what he said has happened - not all but some

Its good to be back posting and see the same old die hards still on Vital

Where is Orbs? - not seen him post since I came back