Modern Footba££ is S**t | Page 3 | Vital Football

Modern Footba££ is S**t

No - they cant because they have to justify their existence, they have to feel important. I'd like to know what happens if a player gets a blue card and 10 minutes in the sin bin but the games ends before the 10 minutes is up? What is to stop the cynical foul when a player knows there is only say 1 minute left?
The more they complicate it the more it's open to abuse.

I think this will be my final season renewing my ST . Had enough of the relentless greed and Bull shit

I will hang on while Emery is there - but sin bins, and VAR have already killed it for me.

It's exhibition football really. And more and more it is loaded in favour of the big clubs.

Obviously the prem is the place to be - but I did enjoy the championship where it was much more of an even play field.

I will hang on while Emery is there - but sin bins, and VAR have already killed it for me.

It's exhibition football really. And more and more it is loaded in favour of the big clubs.

Obviously the prem is the place to be - but I did enjoy the championship where it was much more of an even play field.
Indeed it is loaded. They can pretend to be changing the rules but it's too late really. The so called 'big clubs' have the high ground. I console myself with the vivid memories of us languishing in the lower reaches of Division Two, going down to Division Three and having a ball before rising to the peak of world football in 1982. This feat is just never going to be repeated. It is such a shame because football used to allow people to dream, to hope.

For some reason the powers that be have been seemingly desperate to shove this crap idea into the game for years. Absolutely lovely way for the officials to temporarily send off players against the sky 6 for whatever subjective bollocks the ref can think of. Also you can bet that instead of second yellows or reds the top sides will be given these 10 minute bans.

Why do they want to turn our game into rugby or hockey ffs. Two infinitely less popular and overall duller games.

You can just picture the scenario where Man Utd, Liverpool etc are two down and the refs decide that a blue card or two to the opposition will help them back into the game. Just creates more decisions that we know will favour the so called "top 6"

Well…judging by the fans reaction since the blue card introduction was announced, nobody wants it so that should guarantee it’ll be here before we know it because they couldn’t really give a stuff about the fans. Another disaster waiting to happen and let’s face it, our current officials are struggling to implement what’s expected of them now without adding another layer of decision making. Just leave the game alone ffs!

Then you'll get the usual 4-5 minutes for VAR to check that it's the correct decision ( for the big boys) so expect games to last for about 2 hours or until the sky 6 get the result they need.
It's hard enough for these clowns to ref a game as it is and this will just make it worse.
What next- you're not allowed to tackle?

Premier League and FIFA backing right away from this.The Premier League has already ruled out being part of the initial roll-out of any trial, while football's world governing body Fifa said "reports of the so-called 'blue card' at elite levels of football are incorrect and premature".

It added: "Any such trials, if implemented, should be limited to testing in a responsible manner at lower levels, a position that Fifa intends to reiterate when this agenda item is discussed at the Ifab AGM [annual general meeting] on 1 March."

Then you'll get the usual 4-5 minutes for VAR to check that it's the correct decision ( for the big boys) so expect games to last for about 2 hours or until the sky 6 get the result they need.
It's hard enough for these clowns to ref a game as it is and this will just make it worse.
What next- you're not allowed to tackle?
I've said it before, they won't be happy until they turn it into a spectacular event that is the equivalent of American Football.

I can already see it, with the amount of stoppage time, reviews etc they will try and introduce the game being played over four quarters within the next few years.

Premier League and FIFA backing right away from this.The Premier League has already ruled out being part of the initial roll-out of any trial, while football's world governing body Fifa said "reports of the so-called 'blue card' at elite levels of football are incorrect and premature".

It added: "Any such trials, if implemented, should be limited to testing in a responsible manner at lower levels, a position that Fifa intends to reiterate when this agenda item is discussed at the Ifab AGM [annual general meeting] on 1 March."
If they are denying it now, it’s coming soon!