Mitrovic Officially Signs | Page 3 | Vital Football

Mitrovic Officially Signs

On sky sports now that he has arrived for his medical.
Hopefully we manage to "get him over the line"
If we do that signals the end of Cisse I think.

He'll be doon the Big Market tonight braying the backdoors of some slut in the back lane next to Coffee Johny's.

Mcnamee67 - 20/7/2015 19:11

He's at The Hilton, Gateshead, with a Wonga top on.

We put them up in style at the Toon mind Mac. Must have thought Gatesheed would remind him of Serbia.

That's widely optimistic Daftlad. I think we'll get 1 CB because Lascelles will be classed as a new signing, one wide man and another forward if we can offload Cisse.

vin1892 - 21/7/2015 08:22

That's widely optimistic Daftlad. I think we'll get 1 CB because Lascelles will be classed as a new signing, one wide man and another forward if we can offload Cisse.

Just being realistic Vin, once a few injuries kick in, the squad will be threadbare again.

daftladguy - 21/7/2015 10:57

vin1892 - 21/7/2015 08:22

Just being realistic Vin, once a few injuries kick in, the squad will be threadbare again.

Id say a mixture of that and being badly coached under the amateur set up before with Carver, Stone and co. That said, the door to create a more optimistic future for us is slighty ajar and has to be built on by adding the needed players in the positions we're struggling in or all this impetus will be lost.

Once lost it will never come back as it's last chance saloon for Ashley and his creaming of the brand. For now though, it's up to him to try to win people round and the signing of the likes of Mitrovic, whether to sell on at profit in the future, is going the right way, as long as any profits are done to better the team and with the ambition to want to achieve success on the football pitch.

[youtube=5ms9kSA4PGA#t]

I am surprised we have managed to get Mitrovic, he sounds like a good signing for anyone else so on paper I'm reasonably happy with it.

I'm more weary about how our defensive frailties will get corrected, given that there seems to be a missing generation of competent, affordable defenders.

Mitrovic is potentially a very good signing . He of course fits the sellable asset model Ashley loves so well and will be using us as a trampoline to move onto a top four club here or in the other major leagues in Europe. He can hold up play, looks decent in the air, not bad with his feet, has Champions League experience and has a good fitness record. Compare that to Liverpool's ridiculous deal for Benteke and it looks an even better transfer.

Steve McClaren has told Aleksandar Mitrovic, with what he's said to BBC Newcastle, the striker needs to be reigning it in a bit as if he's not showing more 'emotional control' it could land him in hot water, which would be to the detriment of Newcastle.

Read more: http://www.newcastle.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=409799#ixzz3j6PXRBIW

A loose cannon, what's his record on bookings before he signed for us..
Defenders will be winding him up and he could spend more time sitting in the stands than playing.
Money well spent?

We've got to play him from the start. He's getting so little time to make an impression that he's simply trying too hard in the limited time available. Only then will we see whether it's been money well spent.

Aleksandar Mitrovic was brought to Newcastle by Steve McClaren to score goals. His performance have started to improve however so far he's managed just four since his £13m signing in the summer.

Mitrovic might not be scoring the goals, his four have come in 20 appearances, but the former Anderlecht man has told the <a style='color:#000000' href='http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/35371540' target='blank'><b>BBC</b></a> he's in the best form of his career with him sure he'll soon be scoring the goals like he did in Belgium.

Read more: http://www.newcastle.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=431548