Millwall v Forest match thread | Page 5 | Vital Football

Millwall v Forest match thread

Sniffer Dog - 31/3/2018 14:18

Calvin Plummer - 31/3/2018 09:04

Sniffer Dog - 31/3/2018 08:12

Calvin Plummer - 30/3/2018 19:12

Fun day out, not so fun to watch.

If that had been under MW certain posters would have been licking their lips at the opportunity to stick the boot in.

It's largely going to be tedious football from here on out but it was effectively a dead game for us and they are brim full of confidence which showed.

Lots of work to be done but luckily we've a 20m striker from Arsenal coming...

Can you actually quote that last sentence or are you making things up to suit your own agenda again :69: I said that we had asked about him (and we did), you say that he is coming in a 20m deal, not the same thing at all is it?
Stop being a prat.

I can cope with you being a fantasist but if you're correct it means we're being run by one. I know which I'd prefer...

Fantasist? Vellios, Marinakis, Vrentzos, Karanka...the facts say otherwise.
You are totally obsessed, you should seek help.

I'll try to explain this simply just for you:

If our club, a lower midtable championship club is chasing a 20m striker from Arsenal then we have utterly lost the plot. There is 0 chance this can happen and it's a complete and utter waste of time, money and resources which would be better off spent elsewhere.

So the choice is:

A) You're a fantasist
B) Someone at the club in a senior position is an incompetent fantasist.

Let me know which one it is.

His current value is nowhere near 20m you mupett, it is probably similar to Brererton's who happens to already play for us. Just because he once cost 17m Euros doesn't make him a 20m Pound striker today does it?
Fantasist? Like I said before, the facts say otherwise, although you choose to ignore all that because you don't have a case to make, you just have a grudge for a reason known only to yourself.

Thanks for the gossip sniffer. I don’t mind reading it at all.

I’d like 3 more points Monday. Just to be utterly super safe!

Sniffer Dog - 31/3/2018 16:09

His current value is nowhere near 20m you mupett, it is probably similar to Brererton's who happens to already play for us. Just because he once cost 17m Euros doesn't make him a 20m Pound striker today does it?
Fantasist? Like I said before, the facts say otherwise, although you choose to ignore all that because you don't have a case to make, you just have a grudge for a reason known only to yourself.

What are you babbling on about? What facts are these? Do you even know what a fact is? Let's see your evidence then lol

If you think this is a realistic transfer target then you're even more of a fruitcake than the club for going after him - if indeed they really are.

Let's list all the players on large wages who have left large clubs to sign for struggling championship sides :)

The reason we lost was quite obvious to me, Barrie Mackay.

Osbourne is not a left back and needs support from the LM player. He gets this with Lollley or Cash.

He was blatantly exposed in the 1st half as Mackay as what is usual now was like a fairy.

In the second half we did not concede as Mackay was gone. This is the change that was made and the change that ended our unbeaten run.

The long term solution is of course a proper left back and the summer should bring that. Short term solution is to never play Mackay again, and I do not think that Karanka will start him ever again.

Our lack of goals up front is due to having two solid defensive midfielders. We would be more attacking if Gueds was playing..........but who do you drop ? Colback or Watson ?

When we become mathmatically safe I expect Karanka will start to look at attacking more, so we might then see Gueds playing - until then he is going to play safe and put points on the board (where possible) whilst also giving a few a run out.

Velios did not play any worse than Murphy or Brereton has recently, and you cannot expect him to not play and then suddenly come into the side and play well. I hope that Karanka gives Velios a run of games now to see if he can get back match fit and on form.

Mondays team should see Lolley back starting and we should see another clean sheet - provided Mackay is dropped.

Mackay is not interested and I would expect that Karanka as now seen enough to move him on in the summer back north to the Mickey Mouse league.

JWJW - 1/4/2018 05:58

The reason we lost was quite obvious to me, Barrie Mackay.

Osbourne is not a left back and needs support from the LM player. He gets this with Lollley or Cash.

He was blatantly exposed in the 1st half as Mackay as what is usual now was like a fairy.

In the second half we did not concede as Mackay was gone. This is the change that was made and the change that ended our unbeaten run.

The long term solution is of course a proper left back and the summer should bring that. Short term solution is to never play Mackay again, and I do not think that Karanka will start him ever again.

Our lack of goals up front is due to having two solid defensive midfielders. We would be more attacking if Gueds was playing..........but who do you drop ? Colback or Watson ?

When we become mathmatically safe I expect Karanka will start to look at attacking more, so we might then see Gueds playing - until then he is going to play safe and put points on the board (where possible) whilst also giving a few a run out.

Velios did not play any worse than Murphy or Brereton has recently, and you cannot expect him to not play and then suddenly come into the side and play well. I hope that Karanka gives Velios a run of games now to see if he can get back match fit and on form.

Mondays team should see Lolley back starting and we should see another clean sheet - provided Mackay is dropped.

Everybody plays two defensive midfielders in a 4-2-3-1 and we have been doing so all season.

Yes, but Colback and Watson are extremely defensive...........changing that to Watson and Gueds would offer more going forward.

Gueds would offer some driving runs at the defence, which can then create chances.

We are passing it around a bit too much around their box and do not have the quality to oft open teams up with just that, it needs some more direct running from the centre.

Tomlin tries but would be effective with Gueds there as well.

I think TF and DF are solid enough in he centre now to risk dropping Colback for Gueds.

JWJW - 1/4/2018 07:42

Yes, but Colback and Watson are extremely defensive...........changing that to Watson and Gueds would offer more going forward.

Gueds would offer some driving runs at the defence, which can then create chances.

We are passing it around a bit too much around their box and do not have the quality to oft open teams up with just that, it needs some more direct running from the centre.

Tomlin tries but would be effective with Gueds there as well.

I think TF and DF are solid enough in he centre now to risk dropping Colback for Gueds.

I can only go on the games I have seen (none of the last 4) but I don't feel that's the case.

I don't see Watson as 'extremely defensive'. I see him as quite box to box actually, and my abiding impression of him on the pitch is supporting things going forward, on the periphery of the attack. When an attack breaks down, he is there to pick up the loose ball or tackle for it and get it going again. That is a vital role.

I agree that Geddy offers more going forward but disagree that this would release Tomlin- I think the opposite actually. The front four have free license to do what they want because Watson and Colback are are there to clean things up for them. Without them Tomlin will have to be burdened with at least some defensive duties.

The reason we pass around the box so much is because we fail to get forward fast enough to catch teams out. As a result, we end up passing around their box with the entire opposition defence sat there, vainly probing for an opening.

Overwhelmingly I feel this is the result of poor decision making as we break forward. Countless times we see Cash, Lolley, Tomlin, Brereton, Osborn, Darikwa or Murphy break, only to take an unneeded touch, make the wrong pass etc and give the whole opposition time to get back.

Removing Watson or Colback won't necessarily improve that situation- it will just mean that when it happens again we are far more likely to go a goal down from it with not really any more prospect of getting that goal back

Possibly, but I think we will see Gueds more once its mathematically impossible to be relegated. His pre-season for next year starts soon I hope. He needs to be playing games to get his form and match fitness back.

Then, and only then when we are mathematically safe. will Karanka I think start to really change things around and try a few more out, like Kapino in goal for a game (or two if left).

Calvin Plummer - 31/3/2018 19:22

What are you babbling on about? What facts are these? Do you even know what a fact is? Let's see your evidence then lol

If you think this is a realistic transfer target then you're even more of a fruitcake than the club for going after him - if indeed they really are.

Let's list all the players on large wages who have left large clubs to sign for struggling championship sides :)

I can understand why you are angry.
Your witch hunt against our new owners is not really standing up is it?
Your political dream is in tatters and your political hero has proved himself to be a right wa**er.
You are one bitter 'man' right now.

Sniffer Dog - 1/4/2018 09:45

Your political dream is in tatters and your political hero has proved himself to be a right wa**er.

Now it's you being an utter arsehole.

Pope John XXIII - 1/4/2018 10:05

He drives me to it Popey, like he does you and many others on here.
It's true though, his real gripe with me is personal stuff, it's not football.
If it was football he could put me on ignore but he won't, he might miss something.
Anyway, can we get back on track, there is some good debate here.
Sorry for distracting from it.

Sniffer Dog - 1/4/2018 10:12

Pope John XXIII - 1/4/2018 10:05

He drives me to it Popey, like he does you and many others on here.
It's true though, his real grip with me is personal stuff, it's not football.
If it was football he could put me on ignore but he won't, he might miss something.
Anyway, can we get back on track, there is some good debate here.
Sorry for distracting from it.

That's fair enough, but going for Brexit and Corbyn is not just hitting the target you aimed for.

You would have every right to be furious if one of us made mocking comments about the economic and social consequences of recent events in Greece.

The political situation here is the most volatile we have ever seen in our lives and is literally tearing some families apart. It's bloody awful.

But fair enough, I appreciate that wasn't your intention.

And CP has been bang out of order with his comments and, as usual, wrong about most of it. I've particularly enjoyed watching him inflate €17m to £20 after a season of not playing while simultaneously on another thread claiming that Warburton had a harder time of the transfer budget than Freedman :19:

imho Popey the political situation is ok but for some reason people are unable to mentally deal with the confrontation and differences any more.

i am a tree - 1/4/2018 10:26

imho Popey the political situation is ok but for some reason people are unable to mentally deal with the confrontation and differences any more.

I don't think we've ever encountered differences like this IAAT. It's a generational differences as much as anything.

I suppose it depends on where you live. If you are a remainer in a deeply Brexit area (as I am) you will feel it worse and visa versa.

Still, it's not as bad as America seems to be

You do realise I've never voted labour in my life? Lifelong Green supporter and can't see that changing.

Clueless as always.

So, let's see these facts then...or as I suspect are there none?

Greens.

I voted for them in the European elections once.

Regretted it when I saw their European policy, which was effectively Brexit.

First and last time I have ever voted without properly looking at the manifestos

Calvin Plummer - 1/4/2018 10:49

You do realise I've never voted labour in my life? Lifelong Green supporter and can't see that changing.

Clueless as always.

So, let's see these facts then...or as I suspect are there none?

Vellios, Marinakis, Vretzos, Karanka (before Warbs was even sacked), Kapino etc. These are the facts that I am talking about (or are they fantasies and they never happened)? I am not sure what facts you are on about...