Millers injury news 2023/24 | Page 16 | Vital Football

Millers injury news 2023/24

04/04/24

Paul Davis (Advertiser) Twitter - Morrison and Kioso are "touch and go" regarding fitness for the Plymouth game. Tiehi, Hall, Hugill and Blackett have been ruled out. (Hall may have played his last match in a Millers shirt). A couple of other players have knocks and bruises from Easter Monday, and some team changes are likely.

09/04/24

Paul Davis (Advertiser) Twitter - Kioso and Morrison may be fit enough to be included in the match squad for tomorrow. Doesn't sound like the other casualties mentioned in the previous post will be involved though.

BBC Football website - Kayode made his comeback appearance as substitute for Carlisle (W1-0).

Last edited:
10/04/24

Paul Davis (Advertiser) Twitter (post-match) - "Jamie Lindsay is with the medical team" . No futher details available yet.

My comment - not clear what that means, so let's hope that it is nothing serious.

10/04/24

Paul Davis (Advertiser) Twitter (post-match) - "Jamie Lindsay is with the medical team" . No futher details available yet.

My comment - not clear what that means, so let's hope that it is nothing serious.
I was a bit bemused by Leam Richardson's 'erm ah he's with the medical team' comment - as though he hadn't realised he wasn't there.

15/04/24

Paul Davis (Advertiser) Twitter - Andre Green is hoping to be fit for the start of the new season... although he still can't walk properly yet! :rolleyes:

My comment - Difficult to know what to say. Good luck to him, but from what I have seen of him (I admit not much), I doubt that he will be a goal-scoring success for us in League 1.
Probably get sent out on loan, if he is fit enough for that.

Last edited:
15/04/24

Paul Davis (Advertiser) Twitter - Andre Green is hoping to be fit for the start of the new season... although he still can't walk properly yet! :rolleyes:

My comment - Difficult to know what to say. Good luck to him, but from what I have seen of him (I admit not much), I doubt that he will be a goal-scoring success for us in League 1.
Probably get sent out on loan, if he is fit enough for that.
I still have hopes - assuming he starts walking and gets fit - but I had high hopes of JJ, Bola and Georgie too.

25/04/24

Paul Davis (Advertiser) Twitter - Wyke has returned to Wigan ( and is probably going to need surgery on his ankle). Cafu, Clucas, and Kioso are unlikely to be fit in time for our next game. No news on our other injured players.

29/04/24

Paul Davis (Advertiser) Twitter - none of the players who missed the Bristol City game through injury are likely to be back for our final game of the season. SE is trying to find out what is causing all the injuries, and there will be departures of players AND staff over the summer. New players/personnel will be coming in.

My comment - It doesn't take a genius to work out that if we keep signing players with bad injury/illness records, they are likely to keep breaking down again soon. Even a child would know that... but not our recruitment team. The Warney "magic sponge + running on the grass" method could never cure that, and it's been even worse since Warney left. Likely to be only four outfield players on the bench again. :confused:

Last edited:
So SE is investigating the injuries. Back last October MT did a piece in the Tiser highlighting recruitment of players with chequered injury records but seemigly accepting this as the price of bringing in 'serious quality' players. Not sure I see the point if they are going to spend the season in the treatment room but there you go. MT also pointed to his attempts to improve medical and testing facilities at the club, the urgent need to address the drainage at Roundwood and that our style of play tended to cause more injuries.
Nothing much came of all this. Similar comments by Stubbs were dismissed by many fans as sour grapes. LR banged on at length about problems including unuseable training pitches but how seriously his concerns were taken is moot..
The chairman and the board seem to have done nothing (perhaps hard to fit in between holidays and cruises) and the short-lived DOF so far as I can see did nothing and said nothing. Perhaps Evans can get something done.