Millers injury news 2023/24 | Page 14 | Vital Football

Millers injury news 2023/24

Recruitment policy over many years of signing old players, players who have big gaps in their playing careers due to injury, or even life-threatening illness (!), means that we are unlikely to be able to ever match the fitness of levels other teams in this division. Until that changes...

Warney showed that you could get away with that in L1 - just about... although the wheels often started falling off near the end of the season, and if we had a backlog of games in hand near the finishing line , they were worth approximately zero points.

Last edited:
Recruitment policy over many years of signing old players, players who have big gaps in their playing careers due to injury, or even life-threatening illness (!), means that we are unlikely to be able to ever match the fitness of levels other teams in this division. Until that changes...
Well PK escaped the dead hand of MT and seems to have come back quite fit from Posh - despite as MT pointed out only playing in L1 - and of course the fittest, fastest player in the club couldn't even get a squad place and has gone for a Burton.

21/02/24

BBC Radio Sheffield - Bramall and Revan could be out for some time. Statement from LR about Rathbone concussion injury will be made on Friday.

Last edited:
From Rotherham Advertiser Twitter (23/02/24)

(David Beddows) ... "It will be weeks rather than days" before Tyler Blackett and Grant Hall will be fit again to play.

(Paul Davis) - Ollie Rathbone is making a good recovery from his head injury, but will not be able to play against QPR due to concussion protocols.

04/03/24

Paul Davis (Advertiser) Twitter - Morrison was injured last Thursday in training, Rathbone was unable to play last Saturday due to concussion protocols. No news on when they will be available to play again.

05/02/24

Paul Davis (Advertiser) Twitter - Lee Peltier is a doubt for the match at Coventry, due to an ankle injury.
Might have to be 4 at the back with AR starting as full back with PK, Haks and Cam? I'd forget the WBs and go 4:1 (Christ):4:1(Sam). Not sure who will be fit for the MF 4. Not a game for Seriki or Appiah to start ( two odd loans there) perhaps? If Ollie out then Clucas, Lindsay, Ferguson and Cafu (I may be including some injured players here as I'm losing track!) Has Durose gone to Matlock? It's going to be some bench tonight!

I’m going tonight fully expecting us to lose, which is sad to begin with. But depending who is available I wouldn’t be playing anyone who we know isn’t going to be with us in League One next season. What is the point other than just saving face by keeping the score down?

With that in mind unless I had no real choice I wouldn’t be starting with any of Peltier, Morrison or Ferguson. They have all had good careers and have been good Championship footballers, and I don’t doubt they have done their best for us, but they are all (a) hardly ever fit and (b) past their best even when fit. Same with Hall. I am tempted to put Clucas in the same category but I suppose it is arguable that he might still be a good player in League One and he does seem to be consistently fit now, fingers crossed. I wouldn’t have Cafu near the side. Sorry to say it but as far as I’m concerned he can join Ayala on whatever beach he is currently gracing.

Seriki must surely play. Why have we got him in otherwise? To play all of Rinomhota, an unfit Ferguson and Clucas at full back recently ahead of him in recent games has been baffling. Particularly as he looked pretty good when he did get on at Ipswich.

Assuming all are fit to play I would go with:

Viktor: Seriki, Odoffin, Humphreys, Kioso: Rathbone, Tiehi, Rinomhota, Clucas (or Lindsay), Appiah: Nombe.

I’m not suggesting it’s a winning team but at least we have some athletes in there with something to play for and all bar the undroppable Viktor and the disappointing Appiah (but we need at least one genuine wide player in the line up) they might be with us next season. My understanding is that Rinomhota and Seriki (and Wyke for that matter) might have been loaned to us with next season in mind - Seriki on loan again and the other two on permanent deals - so get them on the field.

Bizarrely I’m looking forward to it.

Yes, Clean, good point about Seriki. Not a bad line up if Ollie's fit. AA has to show what made him worth £8m. Don't see any point in signing Wyke. I expect LR to revert to JH up front and, if fit, Ferguson will play.

Ferguson was obviously struggling last night a good ten minutes before he was taken off. We could see it, the player himself could see it, and he's not a player who is going to 'run it off' so I was a bit perplexed why he wasn't subbed straight away. I think we can rule him out for Saturday.

Ferguson was obviously struggling last night a good ten minutes before he was taken off. We could see it, the player himself could see it, and he's not a player who is going to 'run it off' so I was a bit perplexed why he wasn't subbed straight away. I think we can rule him out for Saturday.
It's possible that the reason is that the manager doesn't know what he's doing, Caz. Harsh, I know, but his selections, formations and post-match analyses ( ie excuses) make me just want him to go away.

It's possible that the reason is that the manager doesn't know what he's doing, Caz. Harsh, I know, but his selections, formations and post-match analyses ( ie excuses) make me just want him to go away.
I wouldn't disagree with you, Lindum.

But who would be there to come in? He was at least our fourth choice in December and I don't think we've made the team look any better so someone else could come in. Although, Mike has informed us that Matt Tubbs has resigned from Poole . . .

I wouldn't disagree with you, Lindum.

But who would be there to come in? He was at least our fourth choice in December and I don't think we've made the team look any better so someone else could come in. Although, Mike has informed us that Matt Tubbs has resigned from Poole . . .
But having managed at Bashley and Poole would Matt take a step down, Caz?