Millers injury news 2023/24 | Page 13 | Vital Football

Millers injury news 2023/24

23/01/24

Paul Davis (Advertiser) Twitter -Still uncertain whether Bramall will be fit for the next Millers fixture. Ferguson and Humphreys are scheduled for a possible comeback sometime in February. Blackett is three weeks behind them in his recovery. No date fixed for when Hall is likely to be fit again.

23/01/24

Paul Davis (Advertiser) Twitter -Still uncertain whether Bramall will be fit for the next Millers fixture. Ferguson and Humphreys are scheduled for a possible comeback sometime in February. Blackett is three weeks behind them in his recovery. No date fixed for when Hall is likely to be fit again.
Vladimir; 'He doesn't say when they'll be fit.' Estragon; 'And if they aren't fit, what then?' Vladimir: 'Well obviously he'll post an update.' Estragon; 'Oh, this is pointless. Let's go.' Vladimir; 'We can't go, we have to stay.' Estragon; 'Why?' Vladimir; 'We're waiting for Godot.'

I admittedly seem to be pretty down on the club atm but I did say at the time keep Bola in case Cohen or Seb get injured.
The club are hoping Shane Ferguson is involved in the squad before the end of February. ( wide left option and can play wide right as an inverted wing back.)

Whether he does come back I’m not sure.
Pre -season I did say to friends that I didn’t think S.F. would play again this season.
Hopefully I’m proved completely wrong and way off the mark.
An experienced player whose services we’ve missed this season even if he only played limited minutes.

The club are hoping Shane Ferguson is involved in the squad before the end of February. ( wide left option and can play wide right as an inverted wing back.)

Whether he does come back I’m not sure.
Pre -season I did say to friends that I didn’t think S.F. would play again this season.
Hopefully I’m proved completely wrong and way off the mark.
An experienced player whose services we’ve missed this season even if he only played limited minutes.
I remember MT discussing Shane's likely contribution this season and he seemed wildly optimistic and of course it fed through into squad decisions.

I remember MT discussing Shane's likely contribution this season and he seemed wildly optimistic and of course it fed through into squad decisions.
Very true but I would imagine a manager takes on board what the medical team are telling him and the player of course.

Would be good to get Cameron Humphreys and Tyler Blackett back into Centre defence, both looked solid defensively.

Announcement of the new revised squad should be out soon.

12/02/24

Paul Davis (Advertiser) Twitter - Morrison went off with a muscle strain in the Leeds game and may not be fit for tomorrow. Humphreys got through his appearance as sub with no problems though.
Give Sean Morrison a rest even if he’s able to make the starting eleven.
Hopefully Cameron Humphreys gets through the majority of the game.
Not ideal but needs must.
Lee Peltier can also play C.B.

We can always put Tom Eaves at Centre - Back late on in the second half… :rofl:

Last edited:
14/02/24

Paul Davis (Advertiser) Twitter - interview with Leam Richardson. Lee Peltier was substituted in the Hull City match due to a hamstring problem. He may not be fit in time for our next match.

LR on fitness of our players generally - "What's gone on before, I don't know. We need to improve our levels of fitness".

Last edited:
14/02/24

Paul Davis (Advertiser) Twitter - interview with Leam Richardson. Lee Peltier was substituted in the Hull City match due to a hamstring problem. He may not be fit in time for our next match.

LR on fitness of our players generally - "What's gone on before, I don't know. We need to improve our levels of fitness".
No idea how he’s going to improve the fitness levels of Lee Peltier, he’s 37 years of age isn’t he.
Pelts has had a good career and may or may not decide to call it a day after this season. ( the choice will be his. )

14/02/24

You see, you can drop out a small comment but the ramifications and implications to me (hyperbole warning!) are simply staggering. You have a squad that cannot compare with many others in the Championship in terms of quality but surely the least you can expect is fitness. Were I chairman I would be apoplectic to read such a statement. It's just inexcusable.