Mike Ashley Interview | Page 2 | Vital Football

Mike Ashley Interview

The telling bit for me is that he is leaving everything in the "capable" hands of Lee Charnley.

PAH. Fuck off :14:

Ashley said Charnley will be responsible for appointing the new manager.
So the man who put carver in charge and said we were in safe hands for the rest of the season, is still going to be thee. Beggars belief and suggests his mate Carver will be appointed. Another season of mediocrity at best.

I think Carver's will be here in some capacity next season. Ashley could tell me his shirt was white and I wouldn't believe him. I've enjoyed today more the fact that we have disappointed the Sky masses who were willing us to fail. Apparently we are not a big club.

It's proof that he hates boycotts, is terrified of season ticket sales and that Keith Bishop was behind it all! Just another PR stunt which will be peddled by the Chronicle and Ashley's little puppy dog, Lee Ryder.

Regardless of what we've said, the interview could be a gamechanger as in being on unknown territory now because he speaks for no-one.

On saying that, if he's been advised or even asked to do this himself, the financial implications must be greater than what we think.

For a bloke supposedly worth North of £3.5 billion and a new venture into property which looks like adding a minimum of another half a billion alone in his first year, he certainly looked like he was shitting his pants in the interview and when shown during the game on TV. It makes little sense in comparison.

If there is to be a change in policy (something I'll refuse to believe until I see the evidence with my own eyes) I wonder if the recent changes to Financial Fair Play will have been a motivating factor ?

Quitesimple. He did the interview so sky wouldnt give exposure to the post match protest ,which they didnt. In my pissed state i saw a lot of people still in the ground after the final whistle presumably supporting ashleyout.com nothig metioned on sky at all. Coincedence? BOLLOX . He did a trade off. Slimy bastard.

That interview had been agreed before hand if you listen to the questions it was all staged, no doubt that **** from sky will have access all areas next season. As for the content i don't believe a word the fat **** says and seeing will be believing sadly the masses will swallow it and we will go through the same shit next season. There was an interview with Keegan today and he summed it up by saying Ashley was from a different planet, he talks like he is on helium.

BlackBob - 24/5/2015 20:06

What exactly forced him into an interview?
feckin money simple as that.

Nail on the head Bob. Reckon a good few thousand haven't renewed, and he's worried. He's also lost his protective barrier in Pardew. Suddenly the spotlight's edging towards him and he's having to act (lie) to protect his investment.

The good thing is, its in the hands of Charnley now. A man with zero integrity or footballing knowledge. I hope to God we could be as lucky as to have Carver appointed. We'd be relegated in a record time.

Whether the interview was staged or not and whether it's taken into account that the club are proven liars in court, it's the final stand now because everyone has heard the words from his mouth.

If there's not a substantial net spend and a decent strengthening of the obvious positions then it'll bite him on the arse by the end of August when the window shuts. In fact, it may be apparent that it's lies (to those not sure) when we appoint Carver or any out of work hasbeen.

Having drowned my sorrows I now expect Carver to stay as team manager working under this vague 'head coach' who will be a cheap foreigner with lots to prove. Saying that though, with sound investment, we could scrape 16th next season - which of course would be fine for the evil SD Empire.

Aye but there's big spending, and trying to buy the players who are worth the big spending.

Which player of any recognised established talent, with the potential to progress, is ever going to sign for us? I admit Janmaat was an exception but I reckon that deal was done over the January window before he signed. After that world cup he was worth treble what we paid.