Mike Ashley Interview | Page 3 | Vital Football

Mike Ashley Interview

Eaststand - 24/5/2015 23:09

Think he's had the wind put up him this time.

i expect big spending in the summer. Coach and players.

He's a lying ****, has been lying for seven years now, also proved in court and yet some still believe, no wonder he'll never sell, beggars belief.

NUFC and Mike Ashley “repeatedly and intentionally misled the press, public and the fans of Newcastle United”.

I still haven't heard a decent reason why Ashley would do this interview because he must know that we all want action before any hot air is believed after his track record.

It cant be because the club is worried about season ticket losses or any sort of financial shite as Ashley is worth too much. The increase in TV money the other year and the new increase next season just blowing the fan's worth to the club out of the water.

It also piles the pressure on from the off if promises aren't backed up plus the majority have worked it out that a choice of manager is paramount to this.

I would love it to be a turning point in the fortunes of our club because it's been doom and gloom for far too long and id love it if we resembled a football club again but we're scorned as a fanbase. There's no trust, no belief of anything and that will probably be permanent against the fatman or will take years of bridge building to get any sort of respectable leeway.

If he's not bothered about whether the fans turn up next season why woul he do his first television interview addressing them?

Are you saying the recent fan protests had no bearing on this interview and that he's just decided that he fancies trying to win a trophy on a whim?

If Mike Ashley cares about Newcastle United why has he ran it into the ground? His track record is shocking. He did an interview when the ship was sinking. Of course, he could change things for the better. He could employ a top manager and invest the £100m the team needs. I doubt that will happen though but we will see. It will mean a drastic change of direction. He knows the Wonga bell ends will drool over a few loans from Man U or Chelsea.

Is he going to sign the 15 first team players that we need? The answer is no. Is he going to spend at least 100millon net which is what is needed? The answer is no. Will the Wonga wearing idiots renew their season tickets because of this? Probably. This was nothing more than a Keith Bishop PR stunt because Ashley is massively panicked. Who said boycotts don't work eh. Ahhhh yes, the spineless cowards who refuse to join one and oust this heinous man.

I have no doubt he is talking shite again and i file it along with the 5 year plan, throwing 10 million a year in and we will never rename St James' park. He shit his whack because of the unrest and the prospect of dropping into the championship which proves that he does respond to a bit of stick. The best part was the qualifying for the C/L is the equivalent of a trophy, no doubt next year it will be finishing 17th is the equivalent of a trophy, he did look rattled in the interview and you never know he might actually spend in the summer but a leopard doesn't change its spots so i wont hold my breath.

The fact that he's allowing Penfold to chose the next manager tells you we are in shit street. The bloke who thought Carver was a safe pair of hands and that Mclaren can bring something to the table. If he wants to be taken seriously he needs to get people into the cub who know the fuck what they are doing.

Ok then..who would be a realistic target to manage the club, we would all love a Mourinho type but keeping it real who should we go for?

So the circus continues,our beloved leader has spoken.
Don't buy it,he was backed into a corner yesterday,even the wonga contingent were out for blood if we'd have slipped through the trap door.
He came across like the blithering idiot that he is for one reason only,not for the love of the club,our city or the fans but for one thing only,greed.

Unless there is something afoot and we're in for a big name manager (it concerns me that Redknapp's out of work , as he is both dodgy and cockney two prerequisites for Ashley employees) I think you've got to pick an up and comer let's for the sake of argument pretend Ashley was being sincere yesterday (I know, I know). My first choice would've been Benitez but looks like he is going to Liverpool/Real Madrid. Sadly someone like Klopp would be ideal but these days is hardly a realistic option.

My pick would be Sean Dyche, did well for Watford in a short spell before a change in ownership dictated his departure. The job he's done for Burnley (even how motivated the side were post relegation) is staggering. That side embodied everything Newcastle United weren't this season. I think he could build over time.

Rodgers is gonna be available and while I rate him better than Pardew and certainly better than Carver I'd have serious reservations about him and he's yet another arrogant prick.

The-realist67 - 25/5/2015 11:12

Ok then..who would be a realistic target to manage the club, we would all love a Mourinho type but keeping it real who should we go for?

You might laugh but Klopp. You'd had to get in before Rodgers gets the bullet at Liverpool. Failing that - Laudrup.

To get anyone decent then fatty is going to have give them re-assurances with regard to what they will have resource wise, looking at his track record i don't think anyone in their right mind would come and work for him and Penfold so he has created a monster. Keegan summed it up on radio yesterday by saying Ashley is from a different planet.

I'd never really heard his voice before the interview apart from that supporter who got him to make a comment about Habib Beye all those years ago.

To be honest the fact he even gave an interview was probably the biggest football story of the day yesterday. If fully approached from a cynical or negative point of view (and let's face it, it's far easier than the alternative..) we could pick apart every comment he made and believe that nothing will change.

IF.. and that's a big if that he's had a massive wake up call and has decided to change his approach, there could be several reasons behind this. The easing of the FFP rules will have been a kick in the teeth because everything the club have been doing was to be at the forefront of that change.

He said two or three times during the interview "from this moment on", that for me signifies that he's drawing a line under previous club policy.

Only time will tell what he will do this summer but he's not one for being loyal which Carver will hopefully find out, i can't see him trusting him with any serious amount of wedge.

We'll likely see Colo, Jonas, R.Taylor, Cabella and a few others in key positions or just the shite players leave this summer. That's a serious rebuilding job. At least 100m to crack the top 8.

If he's serious about making a go of it, getting the right manager will be the most important piece of the puzzle.

If Carver gets the job we will know that nothing has changed, it's that simple.

Shifty eyed fat ****, im sure that's a sign of someone lying.Does it matter who he brings in he wont allow enough funds to be able to get into the top half of the table, let alone win a trophy. I noticed a poll on the chronicle website asking

Are you more positive about the future of Newcastle United after Mike Ashley's interview? the poll was 58% in the Yes corner.

Do you believe the club will invest enough in the summer? the poll was 48% in the Yes corner.

Do you think the club will win a cup while he is in charge? the poll was 25% in the Yes corner.

Do you believe Mike Ashley's comment about not selling for any price? the poll was 44% in the Yes corner.

Do you think protests have worked? the poll was 50% in the Yes corner.

Will you be back next season? the poll was 55% in the Yes corner.

The Sheep don't deserve anything but misery.

Some very good comments from the fans in responce to those polls.

Ashley's Ambition Statement

Mike Ashley released a statement yesterday prior to the game against West Ham that secured our Premier League status for the coming season....

Read more: http://www.newcastle.vitalfootball.co.uk/#ixzz3bAUmraqc

vin1892 - 25/5/2015 12:16

The-realist67 - 25/5/2015 11:12

You might laugh but Klopp. You'd had to get in before Rodgers gets the bullet at Liverpool. Failing that - Laudrup.

.. think its gona be Flopp Vin .. Old Arry to Newcastle is doing the rounds ..

My job is to make sure they have the maximum amount of financial resources and it is their job to get the best pound-for-pound value out of those resources.

"The best pound-for-pound value out of those resources."

People can speculate till the cows come home,he's made it 100% clear what to expect next season :2: