Middlesbrough (H) | Page 3 | Vital Football

Middlesbrough (H)

Finally a good line up at home with actual intent, shocked Naismith is left back though, that starting defence gives me nightmares but the midfield and attackers look the best possible line up we currently have.

Inspired substitution again by PC, Pilkington off for the 'on fire, tough tackling,number 1 goal threat' in Jamal Lowe....ffs. why not Garner at least he'll put himself about, graft & is more of a goal threat. Fuck off Cook, just Fuck off out of our club.
#cookout

Inspired substitution again by PC, Pilkington off for the 'on fire, tough tackling,number 1 goal threat' in Jamal Lowe....ffs. why not Garner at least he'll put himself about, graft & is more of a goal threat. Fuck off Cook, just Fuck off out of our club.
#cookout

Garner would of got sent off with that prick of a ref

Poor result and very poor 1 point from 2 winnable home games. 6 points behind Charlton now and need a string of wins that Cook has never looked like achieving above L1 level to even get back in the mix again.

Still at least Blackpool is a good away day.

The wind most likely played a part, but that was single handily the lowest standard of football I have seen us play this season. Keeping for their two goals was god awful (Again the wind). A huge slice of luck for us to get an equalizer. But we again bottle it.

Dunkley should never be near the first team again, on a yellow and goes diving in like that. It's a calamity waiting to happen that. When the second went in and the players lost their cools, and all rightfully booked imo.

I see people are already using the referee as the main excuse as to why we didnt win. Keep putting your heads in the sand guys. That performance was shocking, especially in midfield. Only Byrne, Kipre and Moore played remotely to the standard you expect.

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a ref as biased as that idiot. No idea how these people consistently get away with being so shite at their jobs. Thousands of fans pay and turn up to watch, and the financial stability of the club is potentially resting on these matches. The least you’d expect is for the EFL to employ refs who aren’t bad to the point of being laughable and altering the entire course of the game with their shit decisions. Had to leave a bit early (just after our second) to get the train back, but from what I saw he was an absolute disgrace and if he continues to put in such bad refereeing performances he should be demoted to the lower leagues with immediate effect. That was a joke.

I’m not using any of that to defend Cook, but given that it’s become clear his dismissal is not going to happen at any point in the near future (which is also a piss take) I’m not sure it’s even worthwhile to talk about that guy’s inadequacy.

Last edited:
I don’t think I’ve ever seen a ref as biased as that idiot. No idea how these people consistently get away with being so shite at their jobs. Thousands of fans pay and turn up to watch, and the financial stability of the club is potentially resting on these matches. The least you’d expect is for the EFL to employ refs who aren’t bad to the point of being laughable and altering the entire course of the game with their shit decisions. Had to leave a bit early (just after our second) to get the train back, but from what I saw he was an absolute disgrace and if he continues to put in such bad refereeing performances he should be demoted to the lower leagues with immediate effect.

The referee made no impact on the result of that game. Dunkley and Marshall did.

We are in the bottom three for a reason. A combination of poor players, poor management and poor ownership.

The wind most likely played a part, but that was single handily the lowest standard of football I have seen us play this season. Keeping for their two goals was god awful (Again the wind). A huge slice of luck for us to get an equalizer. But we again bottle it.

Dunkley should never be near the first team again, on a yellow and goes diving in like that. It's a calamity waiting to happen that. When the second went in and the players lost their cools, and all rightfully booked imo.

I see people are already using the referee as the main excuse as to why we didnt win. Keep putting your heads in the sand guys. That performance was shocking, especially in midfield. Only Byrne, Kipre and Moore played remotely to the standard you expect.

On the same basis that criticism of the ref means we are burying our heads and think the team is ok (we were shit by the way as usual) then I summise that you thought the ref had a cracking game and got every decision spot on.

stating the obvious of the fact that the ref bottled the biggest moment in the game doesn’t take away from our poor showing but if he sends off the defender for a deliberate wiping out of a player through on goal then the rest of the game is somewhat different.