🚹 Micky Van de Ven - Player Thread | Page 3 | Vital Football

🚹 Micky Van de Ven - Player Thread

Here's some food for thought!

How quick is VdV?
Anybody got any details?

Think I read somewhere he is as quick as KW, relative to his height!

An encouraging debut, but I'd like to see how he would have coped against Toney, a good forward manoeuvering to test him on his weaker side. How he would try to negate it, and what decisions he would make to compensate. A revelation to come.

An encouraging debut, but I'd like to see how he would have coped against Toney, a good forward manoeuvering to test him on his weaker side. How he would try to negate it, and what decisions he would make to compensate. A revelation to come.
It was his debut Rich & first taste of English football. We really couldn't have wished for a better performance from the lad. What you're mentioning truly would have been a baptism of fire.

It was his debut Rich & first taste of English football. We really couldn't have wished for a better performance from the lad. What you're mentioning truly would have been a baptism of fire.

Yes, Steve, it was his first match, and I mentioned that his debut encouraged me. What he'll be up against is playing in the strongest league in the world, against some of the best players testing his defensive skills. What is wrong about speculating how training adaptations might evolve to have a clearer idea if/how he might overcome the defensive tests I have outlined?

Yes, Steve, it was his first match, and I mentioned that his debut encouraged me. What he'll be up against is playing in the strongest league in the world, against some of the best players testing his defensive skills. What is wrong about speculating how training adaptations might evolve to have a clearer idea if/how he might overcome the defensive tests I have outlined?
I guess we'll find out on Saturday evening!

Sanchez suits this style of play perfectly.

When we're backs against the walls defending he's not ideal but as we're possession based with a high line he's decent.

Would have no issue with him staying as a backup.
Time will tell Scotty.....at the moment I think of him more as a fcukup rather than a backup.....

Sanchez suits this style of play perfectly.

When we're backs against the walls defending he's not ideal but as we're possession based with a high line he's decent.

Would have no issue with him staying as a backup.
I agree as a last resort but truly hope we can attract someone much better.

Shaky start, but understandable in a packed 61,900 house. He will never have experienced that before. Settled down after about 20 minutes and after being nutmegges half way into our half but recovered composure to put in a very good display. Yes the meld of him Romero and Udogie is full of promise!