Meddling again FA cup now | Vital Football

Meddling again FA cup now

Gratzimp

Vital Squad Member
OK sorry to post this on here, but you'll see the reason why.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/62965782

Now think of the replays we have had in the cup, Ipswich springs to mind with this.
I have written quite a bit on the FB FL1 page, but IF this goes ahead, then once more another great footballing tradition is ruined by the PL.
Honestly, I cannot put into words how I feel on this, but I would hope many of you will agree. The PL is ONLY going to be happy when it's just 10 clubs competing in one league, or one European league. They care nothing of fans, tradition, or other clubs down the pyramid, where a lot of them got their best players from in the past.
It's all about money, and what they can get out of it. "Play less games"; "we can't compete in European competitions if we have to play a cup replay", "Our players will get injured if they have to plat at a lowley non league ground".
Yet they can jet around the world and play friendlies in places like China, Thailand, USA, but that's not for money or selling the brand, it's for the overseas fans.

What has it got to do with Lincoln I hear you ask? Well everything, just think of the away days we have had earning a replay, and you will know how that felt, how enjoyable it was how bloody prestige, and these greedy money grabbing (not going on as I don't want to swear) want to take it all away. Just to help themselves out.

End of rant!

I'd be happy to see the end of FA Cup replays, just so long as the lowest ranked team in each draw is given home advantage in, say, rounds three and four. So, if City were to be drawn away to Chelsea in Round Three then that game would automatically be played (to a conclusion) at Sincil Bank.

I'd be happy to see the end of FA Cup replays, just so long as the lowest ranked team in each draw is given home advantage in, say, rounds three and four. So, if City were to be drawn away to Chelsea in Round Three then that game would automatically be played (to a conclusion) at Sincil Bank.
But it is also about revenue generated, and potential revenue. When we drew at Ipswich, we were non-league, they were Championship. The reply was in front of a full house AND SKY TV. So we got a hell of a lot of revenue from those two games.

Quite ridiculous. Even if there was a date clash with Champions League, these clubs have got more than 40 pro players.

No FA Cup replays is going to be the least of our worries in the next few years.

It looks as though Bournemouth are about to be taken over by Americans - this will be the tenth Premier League club owned by them. They need 14 owners working together to start pushing through EPL rule changes to reflect their dream model, i.e. the NFL.

I think we can then see the EPL moving to a franchise system, with no promotion or relegation except to the European Super League (which has not gone away) and less, if any money, passed down the EFL and grass roots.

This isn't as ridiculous as the Yank at Chelsea wanting a fucking north v south "all starts" game.
He just doesn't get it does he. What a twat.

No he doesnt get it at all, however that won't stop him getting his own way should the opportunity arise.

Self serving arse holes as per. OK - counter offer to the PL. If you want less games we want more money for the EFL. Every Championship side and every team that wins their second round tie receives lets say 750k (index linked to RPI) directly from the PL pot and every EFL side drawn against PL opposition chooses whether the game is played home or away.

Can't make their mind up can they? They want reserve teams in the pyramid and access to the EFL trophy so their youngsters can play EFL teams, but then want fewer games against EFL teams because they might have to use squad players .

OK sorry to post this on here, but you'll see the reason why.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/62965782

Now think of the replays we have had in the cup, Ipswich springs to mind with this.
I have written quite a bit on the FB FL1 page, but IF this goes ahead, then once more another great footballing tradition is ruined by the PL.
Honestly, I cannot put into words how I feel on this, but I would hope many of you will agree. The PL is ONLY going to be happy when it's just 10 clubs competing in one league, or one European league. They care nothing of fans, tradition, or other clubs down the pyramid, where a lot of them got their best players from in the past.
It's all about money, and what they can get out of it. "Play less games"; "we can't compete in European competitions if we have to play a cup replay", "Our players will get injured if they have to plat at a lowley non league ground".
Yet they can jet around the world and play friendlies in places like China, Thailand, USA, but that's not for money or selling the brand, it's for the overseas fans.

What has it got to do with Lincoln I hear you ask? Well everything, just think of the away days we have had earning a replay, and you will know how that felt, how enjoyable it was how bloody prestige, and these greedy money grabbing (not going on as I don't want to swear) want to take it all away. Just to help themselves out.

End of rant!
Not read all of this but what was mentioned this morning was that all Premier first teams will not compete at all in the League Cup, but be replaced by their U21 / U23 sides, that happens informally already I suppose until the later stages. The Premier teams just want rid of the League Cup, end of. Shafted again but not surprising. You can see a Final at Wembley between two U21 sides !!
Not surprised by the FA Cup replay line, been after that for ages and throw the lower Leagues a few crumbs, ( as John Reames once said the Premiership want all the cake and the crumbs as well ) but where would Lincoln be now without the Ipswich replay. Another of my rants, come the Third Round of the FA Cup draw make all beep Premier sides play away against lower League sides. What is the beep point at Third Round stage drawn against each other, ties nobody wants or is really interest in. Worth a try for a season just to breathe life into the FA Cup at the early stages.
UTI

I see that young undeveloped youth Jay Spearing is on the bench for Liverpool U21's tonight. Along with Arthur Melo, who is 26 years old and has 22 Brazilian caps, A Copa America's medal and a La Liga title to his name. Give me a break...

This isn't as ridiculous as the Yank at Chelsea wanting a fucking north v south "all starts" game.
He just doesn't get it does he. What a twat.

Got some podcasters backing the idea as well. The cycling GK aka Ben Foster (who I actually liked listening to) is saying it’s a brill idea and they should scrap the community shield for it.. then the plonker “tubes” up his arse agreeing.

Can't make their mind up can they? They want reserve teams in the pyramid and access to the EFL trophy so their youngsters can play EFL teams, but then want fewer games against EFL teams because they might have to use squad players .
Perhaps Premier League clubs should stop churning crap out of their academies, twenty-year-old nobodies who prance around feathering delicate passes to their teammates without making a decent tackle or doing anything remotely worth watching. Then they wouldn't need to devalue venerable English cup competitions to give these superstars a few meaningless games before they are given a permanent transfer to Crawley. Just a thought.

Perhaps Premier League clubs should stop churning crap out of their academies, twenty-year-old nobodies who prance around feathering delicate passes to their teammates without making a decent tackle or doing anything remotely worth watching. Then they wouldn't need to devalue venerable English cup competitions to give these superstars a few meaningless games before they are given a permanent transfer to Crawley. Just a thought.
Crawley....that high a standard; you're being very generous.

Nothing like a bit of xenophobic bullshit to get the idiots on their keyboards. And of course Sir Gary is the English knight riding to the rescue. The same Gary that believes it's a great model to sign players from higher leagues and pay them more than double what they were earning previously while his club makes enormous losses funded by foreign money.

Just remember that more than 80% of the money that has been injected into Lincoln City over the last 8 years has been through foreigners. Those of our bigoted fans just need to be careful their views don't have adverse consequences for their own club.

Nothing like a bit of xenophobic bullshit to get the idiots on their keyboards. And of course Sir Gary is the English knight riding to the rescue. The same Gary that believes it's a great model to sign players from higher leagues and pay them more than double what they were earning previously while his club makes enormous losses funded by foreign money.

Just remember that more than 80% of the money that has been injected into Lincoln City over the last 8 years has been through foreigners. Those of our bigoted fans just need to be careful their views don't have adverse consequences for their own club.
I am truly, truly sorry if anything I have posted has offended you in any way. I consider you to be the best chairman has ever had, and cannot express how fortunate we are to have you.
The point of my post was to try and highlight the PL trying to make it all about them, the self serving arrogance that they have is beyond belief.
If they are so against replays how about this, all the EFL and Championship clubs in one pot for 3rd round draw, all PL clubs in another. The 1st pot is drawn then the PL pot. This Guarantees a home draw for a non PL club, against a PL club. Keeps the PL clubs from playing wach other, and makes it a lot more interesting. A Caveat to this is that the home drawn club can if they so wish choose to play at the PL ground. If the tie ends in a draw, straight to penalties.