McBurnie drink driving | Page 2 | Vital Football

McBurnie drink driving

As stupid as he's been the only people asking for him to be sacked must be pigs.

Sacking him costs United £20 million and another club would take him on within 2 minutes of him being sacked . It's the reason why Derby couldnt sack their players. The only loser is the club.

This is why footballers think they can do whatever they like. No repercussions at all unless they kill or injure somebody, a fine isn't going to bother them and there not afraid of getting sacked like many other people would be.

Typical selfish footballer, the sort we've done our absolute best to avoid whilst Wilder has been manager
An ex workmate of mine who supports Leeds made a cautionary comment about him ‘getting back in with bad influences In Garforth‘ when he heard he could be moving back up to Yorkshire. Looks like he was right to be concerned.

He’s also been involved in several press and social media arguments and of course he we had the video of him jumping around with mates at a Swansea night game a couple of days before we were playing in August. Like you say, not the type of player Wilder that would normally go for but at 23, hopefully he’s young enough to turn himself around.

Just a thought, We've seen the magnificent bond this team has and how they seem to spend time together off the pitch as well but we also see a few pics of McB out with his mates ( certainly not the rest of the team) and I just wondered whether he hasn't bonded with them or just does his own thing.

Pure speculation of course but his recent action will produce plenty of that.

Just a thought, We've seen the magnificent bond this team has and how they seem to spend time together off the pitch as well but we also see a few pics of McB out with his mates ( certainly not the rest of the team) and I just wondered whether he hasn't bonded with them or just does his own thing.

Pure speculation of course but his recent action will produce plenty of that.
Could be mate. To be honest, I don't mind a maverick character as long as they do it in the pitch. Pissheads another matter.

Could be mate. To be honest, I don't mind a maverick character as long as they do it in the pitch. Pissheads another matter.
It was a word used to describe how I went about doing my job GB so no issues there., just that ypu still have to do your job well to get the results required. ATM he doesn't have that to fall back on.

What it has done is put a big dent inthe CW ethos, image and mantra about a fully committed band of brothers who work hard together,play hard together and would run through a brick wall for him
This incident damages that reputation, that perceived spirit engendered in it and by it and, more importantly, shows other teams that it may not be the case.

Conversely, should McB be seen by the others as one of the band, then it could strenghten them in adversity except of course he is not part of the band that grew up and developed together.

Oli hasn't set BDBL alight yet on't pitch but i don't think he's been as poor as some are mekin owt.It aint like he's missed a load of sitters, but i don't condone this episode one bit,it was stupid.Every BLADE who's goin toneet needs to get behind our boys on't pitch and sing loud and proud cos mek no mistake this will be a very tuff game for us.COME ON YOU RED&WHITE WIZAAARRRRDDDDSSSSSSS.UTMPB

Why does everything have to be a conspiracy theory with football fans? How do you go from a player going out with his mates on a night before his day off to he isn't bonding with the other players? They don't all live together and will all have their own circle of friends outside of football. I also don't get the leap from an act of stupidity to "bad influences" either. At this stage there has been no hint that anyone else was involved.

In terms of McBurnie's actions, I will await the full details until I react further. There is a difference between having slightly too much (which lots of people have probably done and got away with) and the sort of thing that the Derby players did recently. At the moment he has obviously been stupid, but it remains to be seen if he has also been moronic. At the end of the day though, he will be disciplined by the club and the law and will move on. Calls for him to be sacked are ridiculous.

Why does everything have to be a conspiracy theory with football fans? How do you go from a player going out with his mates on a night before his day off to he isn't bonding with the other player.

it wasn't, isn't a conspiracy theory..

it was an attempt to engender some discussion and reaction on a board that is becoming more moribund by the minute so. in one case, it worked.:cool:

There must be plenty of political pundits who are also football fans with the amount of conspiracy theories they throw up daily.ATM

Conspiracy theory might be too strong a term, but whatever you want to call it, football fans are masters at adding 2 and 2 and coming up with 5, or even 105.

Possibly so Pops but he knows he's in the spotlight even more nar he's a premier League&International Player.It's a stupid mistake no excuses in my view.Ya know who works for McBurnie agency dunt ya, Mr MORGS,i wonder if he's had words? UTMPB
I don’t do that Histogram thingy but my grandsons been telling me a while he acts like a Billy big balls on it. Doesn’t know how lucky he is to be in his position. He’s earned more money all ready at his age than all of us did all our working life. Let’s hope he learns his lesson and stops being stupid. Dock his wages for a couple of months!!

The Derby players were fined 6 weeks wages.
How much would 6 weeks wages be to McBurnie ?
£200,000 ???
£250,000 ???

This is how to punish players, the only thing that can hurt them and make them realise it's not acceptable

Why does everything have to be a conspiracy theory with football fans? How do you go from a player going out with his mates on a night before his day off to he isn't bonding with the other players? They don't all live together and will all have their own circle of friends outside of football. I also don't get the leap from an act of stupidity to "bad influences" either. At this stage there has been no hint that anyone else was involved.

In terms of McBurnie's actions, I will await the full details until I react further. There is a difference between having slightly too much (which lots of people have probably done and got away with) and the sort of thing that the Derby players did recently. At the moment he has obviously been stupid, but it remains to be seen if he has also been moronic. At the end of the day though, he will be disciplined by the club and the law and will move on. Calls for him to be sacked are ridiculous.
They certainly are, let’s all wait and see.

Just to clarify the ’bad influence’ comment. It was sent to me by text preseason by an ex workmate who lives in Garforth Leeds and seemed to be aware of McB’s social circle. He thought at the time that McB would be better off staying in Swansea and inferred that it’d help him to continue to progress away from any ‘bad influences’. At the time, we were on the verge of signing McB and I thought it was probably just sour grapes as Leeds were also in for him, but what has happened made me wonder.

I thought I’d share it on here. Let’s face it, with a dozen regular users it’s not going to go viral is it? ;) UTB

Away from the legal stuff, I though McBurnie did well when he came on. We were struggling to keep the ball, but he won some clever free kicks and made it difficult for the Arsenal defenders. For any of our fans who are worried that we have wasted £17m on him, it could have been worse: we could have spend £72m on Pepe...

I am sorry, but, I have witnessed first hand what damage and hurt a drink driver can cause
If you want to drink, get the bus or a taxi
I do
I am sure footballers in the premiership, could hire their own chauffeur!!!

Absolutely correct, but I don't think it's money that is the issue with most drunk drivers, it's just that they're selfish pricks

Not taking anything away from the brilliant Blades performance last night & much needed 3 points, was anyone else just a little disappointed that MB was even in the S2 postcode never mind in the ground & on the bench??

A lot of talk about how CW would ‘tear him a new one’ and suitably punish him - oh yeah! he did that alright, ‘Punished’ him with an appearance against Arsenal with a worldwide TV audience of about 20 billion?

I’m sorry but I just thought that was not a good PR move, regardless of how much CW thought he was needed in the team.

Sometimes you just got to look at the bigger picture.

I think the club should have told him to lay low for a few days at least & stay well away from BL until the dust settles.

I may get slaughtered for this view, but I have to be honest with how I feel about the situation.

Not taking anything away from the brilliant Blades performance last night & much needed 3 points, was anyone else just a little disappointed that MB was even in the S2 postcode never mind in the ground & on the bench??

A lot of talk about how CW would ‘tear him a new one’ and suitably punish him - oh yeah! he did that alright, ‘Punished’ him with an appearance against Arsenal with a worldwide TV audience of about 20 billion?

I’m sorry but I just thought that was not a good PR move, regardless of how much CW thought he was needed in the team.

I think the club should have told him to lay low for a few days at least & stay well away from BL until the dust settles.

I may get slaughtered for this view, but I have to be honest with how I feel about the situation.
Wilder would be cutting his nose to spite his face by doing that MB and Ican thinkof very few instaances when a manager does that.( Ferguson/Cantona- couldn't wait to get him back on the pitch)

I'm not saying it's right , in fact I agree with you and, for me,in the example above ,Cantona would never have put a stud mark on any pitch again after what he did, aand that was the great exalted MUFC, icons of propriety ,standards and success and , with Fergusn at the helm,, that side of their reputation went out of the window.
. I think CW is pragmatic enough not to let it interfere with the football side of the game. Behind the scenes, away ffom the media I think CW will make him pay and leave him in no doubt about where he stands

it is sad that the football overrides all moral aspects of the whole game but CW is by no means the 1st not to punish publicly, not to 'take a stance'and he won't be the last. SUFC taking a stand would be forgotten in days, as will McB's transgression in the wider world- not right but the way of the world. -

Look at Lee Hughes, kills someone whilst drunk driving and 'rehabilitated' after servinghis time. he was better treated than Ched Evans was by the world in general and Hughes KILLED someone- it's a funny od game.

Sorry, but no !
This player cost us £20 million, not playing him only punishes the club.

If everybody got a few weeks off work there'd be an epidemic of drunk drivers.

For what it's worth I'm pretty sure that Wilder has punished him, or at least he will when the courts have finished with him, there's just no need for him to go on about it

I can see why you think like that Max, but CW's job is to do his best for the club, not to punish McB. If he thinks that playing him is the right thing, then thats that.

I do recall another striker we had who played pending a court appearance. No-one seemed to be too bothered while we were winning games.