Max | Vital Football

Max

OneSirKeefy

Vital Football Hero
Any news on Max Ehmer injury?

I just read it looked like a shoulder injury, possible bad dislocation. Ouch!

That sounds like it could be multiple weeks out if true.

Would be a big loss, but gives someone else a chance, my guess is that jones will move in at the back with Willock replacing him in midfield.

Would be a big loss, but gives someone else a chance, my guess is that jones will move in at the back with Willock replacing him in midfield.

Yep. Probably just 2 options

Jones back to CB and Willock to Midfeld.

Or Ogilvie to CB. O’Connor to LB and Pringle or Willock probably replace O’Connor.

Either of these options might mean the forced use of a more attacking midfield.

I hope max is ok but if he is out then at least we will stop the pointless long throw routine to him. I dont think he wins hardly any of them

It looked like his shoulder had popped out and the collective audible whince from the RE when they put it back in was a sharing of his pain in a "ouch fuck" kind of way.

Strange how sometimes these injuries work. We scored from the resulting throw after Max was injured and it was their player that flicked it on, something Max hadn't done all game (and it doesn't work most weeks). As others have mentioned, an enforced change due to injury might just make us a little more attack minded in midfield.

Hope Max is not out to long.

Max was mentioned by Raynor/Evans as a player of the season candidate at the forum. His marshalling of our defence is the main reason we are so hard to beat. Losing him for a few games will be a massive test for whoever comes in. Really hope it is a short spell out for him.

Hopefully Tucker’s performances won’t suffer for not having Max alongside him. Don’t want his price tag taking a nosedive.

That’s assuming Max will indeed be out long term. The following from the NHS website doesn’t bode well:

Recovery time. You can stop wearing the sling after a few days, but it takes about 12 to 16 weeks to completely recover from a dislocated shoulder. You'll usually be able to resume most activities within 2 weeks, but should avoid heavy lifting and sports involving shoulder movements for between 6 weeks and 3 months.

Here’s hoping It is a catalyst like the loss of Gab Zac was last season. I think a lot of people thought our resurgence was over when Zac was ruled out. But somehow we went from strength to strength over the last few months of the season iirc.

Get well soon Max either way.

But somehow we went from strength to strength over the last few months of the season iirc.

Don’t tell Broncos but that somehow was Ogilvie coming in and doing a better job (both with and without the ball) at centre back than Zakuani.

At least we are safe before losing Max, whereas we first thought the Zakuani injury could mean relegation.

Play offs was a long shot anyway IMO and so we might as well go for an attacking, high pressing game for the rest of the season although I am not sure Evans and Raynor will see it that way.

If there are any young players that we want to try out, it may be an ideal time which fighting relegation never allows. Perhaps Woods?

Surprised to hear it wasn’t a shoulder injury. Was sure at the time he got caught with an elbow or opponent’s head. Either way, it probably cost us a point at the end as am sure we’d have hung on with Max marshalling the back four and maybe even won it. Let’s hope he’s not long out - despite the poor showing yesterday, our back 5 have been the key to our upturn in fortunes.

Here’s hoping It is a catalyst like the loss of Gab Zac was last season. I think a lot of people thought our resurgence was over when Zac was ruled out. But somehow we went from strength to strength over the last few months of the season iirc.
Get well soon Max either way.

Agreed. Sometimes events such as this can produce positive opportunities and outcomes. SE/PR can now re-shuffle in a manner that doesn`t compromise dressing room harmony. IMHO, having both Jones and O`Connor playing midfield roles has adversely affected our fluency going forward. The on-loan pair are clearly very good players and work to SE`s game plan. But, i`d like to see Jones revert to centre back alongside Tucker. Yes, they are a young pair but they both show composure beyond their years and, bottom line, they are talented fine players. Additionally, a re-suffle could see two more fresh starters - from the likes of Pringle, Roberts, Graham & Willock. Wouldn`t that enable us to push the ball around better and get it to our big front man more frequently? When we play the ball on the ground we are a decent team and create far more opportunities than when we merely lump it forward, don`t we ? So i`m with you, OSK - whilst I wish a speedy recovery to Max, and whilst I accept he`s a good captain and probably a good leader in the dressing room - it`s events like this that we often look back at as positive fate !

where have you read that ?

Looked like a shoulder to me - also look like they popped it back in while he was on the pitch. The RE collectively whinced with him as they did it.
If it was a dislocated shoulder, no self-respecting medical person would try and pop it back in on the spot. It is an A & E issue because of possible damage to the tissues, nerves and blood vessels around the shoulder joint.

If it was a dislocated shoulder, no self-respecting medical person would try and pop it back in on the spot. It is an A & E issue because of possible damage to the tissues, nerves and blood vessels around the shoulder joint.

Well they did something as poor old max suddenly gave out a real scream of pain at one point

Need to tell the AFL, NRL and other sports in Oz. They all seem to try to pop dislocations back in ASAP on the pitch.

Well they did something as poor old max suddenly gave out a real scream of pain at one point
No doubt - I had a dislocated finger and the games master told me to look away while he popped it back. When I dislocated my shoulder it was an ambulance job.

You do talk bollocks most of the time. I used to play football with someone who used to pop his own shoulder back in on the pitch, on one occasion twice in the same game. It was a medical professional who popped Max's shoulder back in. Some people's shoulder pop in and out regularly without issue, I'd guess Max judging by PR comments is one of those people or are you suggesting the medical staff at GFC are not "self respecting"?

Is there anything in the world you aren't an expert (in talking bollocks) about.

The longer you leave a dislocated shoulder out of place the more damage there is to the muscles and surrounding tissue etc. Best to get it back in pronto