Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Enrique

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Benitez

Votes: 8 18.6%
  • Other

Votes: 8 18.6%

• Total voters
you think Poch told them not to put a tackle in? or told Serge if he's being overrun down the right by a pacey player to amble backwards slowly and watch from around the half way line as they cut in from his position and shred our CBs to pieces?

Don't get me wrong. I'm furious with Poch for a number of reasons from the game, and for the first time actually wouldn't mind Levy pulling the trigger on a replacement, but his press conference isn't one of them.

Regardless of the transfer budget we had one of the best first 11 and benches in Europe a few seasons back. Playing the best football I have ever seen us play.

Your boy didn't deliver and he never will regardless of how much money he has at his disposal.
Yes we did, and who and how was that best 11 created?

There is not guarantee he will win anything now, but that goes for anyone else as well.

Whomever the manager is, and this is important so pay attention:
It’s imperative the manager be allowed to rebuild the squad according to his vision. If it’s Poch, assuming he wants to carry on much longer, or a replacement.
By the looks of it we need a pair of fullbacks, a DM, a CM, a keeper, as well as to replace those running down their contracts. Sound about right? A hell of a project.
For me it’s important that one manager does this and is given the 3-4-whatever transfer windows.
Come to think of it is a DoF a good idea at this juncture?

There is not guarantee he will win anything now, but that goes for anyone else as well.

I never said Poch didn't play his part in building the team.

He did however take on a very good squad with players that were already here.

A peak Hugo, Walker, Rose, Jan, Eriksen, Dembele and an up and coming goal machine he was hardly hard done by.

I think 5 seasons is more than enough time to know if a manager has what it takes.

For the record if he had won us any trophy I would be backing him.

We are at the start of a rebuild, there is probably 2 seasons of it, then an improvement period to follow. It could take 3 or 4 years to see the outcome. During this time youth may form part of that rebuild with Parrott, Clarke, Tanganga etc being developed.
So the question is not who will save our embarrassment this season but who is best equipped to see this rebuild through on a tigher budget than other top managers get
I vote Poch from the list shown.

A rebuild doesn't mean players downing tools and not giving 100%.

The decline has been there since the start of the year. People can sweep the evidence under the carpet if they want but it won't stop the inevitable.

Once you lose key players in the dressing room its good night Vienna.

Why are people pretending he hasn't lost the dressing room?

He has even said so himself.

We are at the start of a rebuild, there is probably 2 seasons of it, then an improvement period to follow. It could take 3 or 4 years to see the outcome. During this time youth may form part of that rebuild with Parrott, Clarke, Tanganga etc being developed.
So the question is not who will save our embarrassment this season but who is best equipped to see this rebuild through on a tigher budget than other top managers get
I vote Poch from the list shown.

I wouldn't accept that the new manager/Poch maybe on a tighter budget; the new long term finance should (after repayment costs) mean that we 'net' around 2.5 mill per game i.e. that should fall straight down to our bottom line - that's an additional approx (depending on number of additional cup games etc) £50-75 mill per annum - on top of our usual freecash flow that would allow us to spend another (up to) £200 mill over the next two windows as amortised over a 4 year deal, that's 50-60mill write off p.a. = well within our now new fiscal capabilities.

It is with great sadness that I say it’s time for a change in management. Poch has been terrific for our club, it’s hard to believe what I am seeing. Eddie Howe gets my vote. The ruthless meritocracy and focus on fighting for every ball has slowly given way and Poch hasn’t got the tactical nous or the technically gifted players to play in this new style he has been moving towards. I think he has become to friendly and soft with the players. There is some blame to be put on the players aswell. In our attacking players there is a culture of selfishness and personal individual goals, which sadly I think began with Kane shooting from everywhere and although he has played much more as a team player more recently, it started with him and now son and Eriksen play as if they only care about their own stats. I’m really fkin annoyed by son of late. It only takes one to shirk their responsibilities and the rest get quickly fed up with covering for them and start to play selfishly too. Our attacking players I believe have been fractured by selfishness and lack of team ethic which Poch should have stamped out immediately and never should have allowed to happen in the first place. This is s problem for the midfielders too, who are not getting enough help from the attackers and are being asked to do a lot more than is possible given their lack of quality and experience. That’s not to say they are bad players, but they aren’t being helped by the laziness from the attackers and the totally obvious lack of a proper defensive mid. I’m obviously not a fan of dier, but we need a proper DM and everyone knows it. Ndombele and winks are good players but neither is defensively gifted, and to me Ndombele looks like a CE replacement. This brings me to the defence which has gotten away with a lack of pace until now but is ageing and the little bit of pace they have apparently lost now is the straw that broke the camels back. They are getting pretty much zero protection from the rest of the team, who pretend to track back or do so half heartedly most of the time. I actually feel sorry for Toby and Jan as I think with protection and decent full backs could still do the job. I also feel sorry for Lamela who plays with heart and balls. Unless Poch can rediscover his original philosophy and swing the axe where necessary, he is done here. I think Eddie Howe has done an excellent job and I think could lead us to trophies.

"We get tired too quickly physically when we play with a diamond midfield," Moussa Sissoko admitted on French TV channel RMC Sport on Tuesday night.

Says it all. If we dont blow a team away like we did palace early, then we could keep struggling if poch keeps up with the diamond.

I wouldn't accept that the new manager/Poch maybe on a tighter budget; the new long term finance should (after repayment costs) mean that we 'net' around 2.5 mill per game i.e. that should fall straight down to our bottom line - that's an additional approx (depending on number of additional cup games etc) £50-75 mill per annum - on top of our usual freecash flow that would allow us to spend another (up to) £200 mill over the next two windows as amortised over a 4 year deal, that's 50-60mill write off p.a. = well within our now new fiscal capabilities.

Pep, Klopp and Jose and the like might turn their noses up at our budget. Rafa would probably be ok with it.

"We get tired too quickly physically when we play with a diamond midfield," Moussa Sissoko admitted on French TV channel RMC Sport on Tuesday night.

Says it all. If we dont blow a team away like we did palace early, then we could keep struggling if poch keeps up with the diamond.

Lol even the water boy is having a dig at the manager now

you think Poch told them not to put a tackle in? or told Serge if he's being overrun down the right by a pacey player to amble backwards slowly and watch from around the half way line as they cut in from his position and shred our CBs to pieces?

Don't get me wrong. I'm furious with Poch for a number of reasons from the game, and for the first time actually wouldn't mind Levy pulling the trigger on a replacement, but his press conference isn't one of them.

Serge and Rose are attacking wing backs

Why would you play a formation that leaves no cover when they go forward?

They where terrible - but it’s the formation that doesn’t help

A rebuild doesn't mean players downing tools and not giving 100%.

The decline has been there since the start of the year. People can sweep the evidence under the carpet if they want but it won't stop the inevitable.

Once you lose key players in the dressing room its good night Vienna.

Why are people pretending he hasn't lost the dressing room?

He has even said so himself.

Previous managers mostly

He lucked out with a good squad.

Would you trust him with a rebuild given his history in the market?

I’m not sure I would