Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Enrique

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Benitez

Votes: 8 18.6%
  • Other

Votes: 8 18.6%

• Total voters
He's got to go , we've just moved into a billion pound stadium and conceded 7 at home for the first time in our history.

POCH OUT

He’s done.

Decided to educate the chairman on not signing anyone then moans about no signing

Not strong enough to drop the contract rebels

Clearly doesn’t want to be here and sulking

Stubborn tactics

Results

Get Jose in till the summer.

Pochettino; “It’s nice to qualify for the final of the Champions League and put my face on that... now I have to put my face on this”

Bloke just doesn’t get it.

How can you have a team play for you when you make it about you

Poch has asked for calm and professionalism in the aftermath. He reiterated he warned this season could be painful, the start of a rebuild.

Pochettino; “It’s nice to qualify for the final of the Champions League and put my face on that... now I have to put my face on this”

Bloke just doesn’t get it.

How can you have a team play for you when you make it about you

He was owning up and accepting that its his responsibility what is happening now, as much as the successes were last year.

You really should read his exact quotes.

Genuinely don't see how making a 7-2 defeat about you is anything other than what you'd want from a manager. Own the mistakes and move on.

That said this feels like the end is coming now. Shades of end of AVB and Sherwood.

When we got turned over by Newcastle in a similar fashion at the end of the season a few years back Poch took the summer off then laid into the players in pre season and got a reaction. Now he has til Saturday.

Vert says everyone is pulling in the same direction, are hungry for success and they all love being here...

If we get any more about faces, it will make mugs of us all...

C’mon Ex, we ain’t the mugs, and they will NEVER make mugs of us, as they’re too busy being absolute shite.

The writing has been on the wall for far too long. Can’t believe people actually thought we’d get a result out of that game.

There is mixed opinion about whether Poch should stay and fix things or whether he should go and let someone else try something new.
Following last night's debarcle I am starting to lean towards the latter.
Therefore I thought I would ask my peers what the general consensus would be.

He was owning up and accepting that its his responsibility what is happening now, as much as the successes were last year.

You really should read his exact quotes.

He owned nothing and stating we need to try harder is passing the buck.

His tactics and selections are the root cause of this.

“Best feeling as manager this season” at half time?

We were being over run in midfield and leaving the defence exposed.

No one put a tackle in.

Or how about the comments about them needing to try harder?

As mentioned - not the tactics then - that’s out the Harry book of run around a bit

Last edited by a moderator:
He needs to go. Even if we churn the bad eggs, the younger part of the squad will be left with that lasting impression. They will never respect Poch fully as they've observed his weaknesses during this period. They know they will be allowed to be rebellious and give less than 100% when their turn comes. Poch has lost his own principles that set him up so well in the early days.

Despite the many root causes, that don't shine a great light on the chairman either, we need to ring fence the Poch ones and then it's a non-emotive and easy decision in my book. Look forward, not back.

As for new managers, draw up a shortlist of 3 or 4 - mine would be Rafa, Allegri, Espirito Santo and Gallardo. The safe hands of the first two and the potential of the second two.

If Poch is booted now, a new manager has plenty of time to save something from the season, so Jose or Rafa would be good.

If we wait till the New Year to boot Poch, it could be the job for only one man.

Fat Sam.

I really hate to say this, but I am slowly starting to think the same, but I still want to give him until the end of the season to see if he can sort things out.
Just that Fergie comes to mind and how close he was to being sacked by manure, then went on to do great things in the future.
One can only hope eh.

I think now is the time to decide whether or not we want the managerial consistency to be maintained or we want to go back to the revolving door on the manager's office.

Personally, I think we need to ride this for a bit. Two seasons at least

I think now is the time to decide whether or not we want the managerial consistency to be maintained or we want to go back to the revolving door on the manager's office.

Personally, I think we need to ride this for a bit. Two seasons at least
Absolutely! Poch has been an important revenue stream for Levy, so can't see him dumping Poch anytime soon.