Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Enrique

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Benitez

Votes: 8 18.6%
  • Other

Votes: 8 18.6%

• Total voters
No, it's never a one-way conversation; I've sat in, listened and learned. I am certain that each goal, each key moment and every players role in it will have and is being highlighted both individually and in front of the rest of the team.

But that goal highlights a problem that's gone on for the last year - the inability of our CB's to shift across and stop this before it evolved, as they once did - I don't forgive Aurier for his walking, but it's clear to me at least is that he's still not as match fit as he needs to be - and that needs to be addressed.

That's fair. You normally get away with one error. You sometimes get away with two, but there's always multiple root causes to any goal when you look closely.

I'm just trying to understand the current psychology of the players. If Trips has gone and Aurier has a chance to finally emerge as our undisputed RB, what goes through his head in a moment like that? That's after his great performance a week ago and knowing he'll need to watch the video nasty with his team mates.

That's why I'm happier knowing that these moments are being analysed and discussed. It's only one data point, but eventually you have to ask yourself if he has a winning mentality when at his peak he can't be bothered.

Intestingly De Jong is getting pelters in the Spanish press and the fans are already calling for him to be dropped!! Feck, and I thought our fans were fickle lol!
I said he went there way too soon and as X suggested we should have been the step. We really need to sell this idea to the Depay DeJong's and Deligts Malcom's. Spurs first then the big two.

I said he went there way too soon and as X suggested we should have been the step. We really need to sell this idea to the Depay DeJong's and Deligts Malcom's. Spurs first then the big two.
Why not just Spurs? We'll be there or thereabouts in a few years time.

I don't know why anyone expected straight line improvement from the club. We have had a dip, there is disruption in the team due to players want ing a change and Pochettino clearly stated that it would be a difficult period.

Personally, Eriksen is at the heart of the matter. He isn't as good as he thinks he is but he is good for us when focussed. Pochettino needs to get back to what made him successful. The things Spurdon alluded to a few days ago.

I don't know why anyone expected straight line improvement from the club. We have had a dip, there is disruption in the team due to players want ing a change and Pochettino clearly stated that it would be a difficult period.

Personally, Eriksen is at the heart of the matter. He isn't as good as he thinks he is but he is good for us when focussed. Pochettino needs to get back to what made him successful. The things Spurdon alluded to a few days ago.

That won't happen. His ego is too big now.
He still wants out you can't do what he did last season and then go back to normal.

Most of our issues are down to him failing as a manager on and off the field.

5 seasons of failing to deliver trophies how much more evidence do you want?

Really?

Our goal was against the run of play and they cut us open with ease.

A draw was potentially a fair result.

not miles better at all but Sonny and Kane had guilt edged chances they should have buried. As I said at the time it was an open game that could have gone either way and for me the VAR call and the effect that had on the crowd and teams is what turned it... prior to that I was confident we'd win.

That won't happen. His ego is too big now.
He still wants out you can't do what he did last season and then go back to normal.

Most of our issues are down to him failing as a manager on and off the field.

5 seasons of failing to deliver trophies how much more evidence do you want?
Levy and Lewis never didn't tasked him to deliver trophies, only to get top 4 by the time they moved to the new stadium. Judge him now that the playing field is now more level.

Spot on for me... Every team has dips, Poch has earned the chance to arrest the slump... assuming that's what he wants.

Nice post. My experience is that 75% of giving feedback to improve performance is listening and the 25% is the actual providing of your thoughts. I wonder how that works between Poch and Eriksen. The pair of them have a long term relationship and have a bond but Poch currently cannot unlock what is going on in Eriksen's head.

It's also about being a team. My guess is that it wouldn't hurt right now for Poch, the coaches and the entire squad to re-watch phases of the games together. Get one of the club analysts to facilitate sessions with Poch and show the good and bad things that are happening on the pitch. Let the players express what they are seeing and feeling during the game. It's not about pointing fingers, but my guess is that this higher level of optics will probably have a positive effect.

"My guess is that it wouldn't hurt right now for Poch, the coaches and the entire squad to re-watch phases of the games together"

I thought that would've been standard practice Muttley.

Nice idea about Glenn but not with his heart condition plus in his last attempt with us he lost the players allegedly because he asked them do things that he could do but they couldn’t.....if looking for a cheap option (Levy) then the guy in charge of Brighton might be worth a punt....he has them playing great football and only the fact that his strikers are clueless stopped them pulverising Newcastle yesterday....oh, wait a minute...??

With all due respect HK, the Hoddle part of my post was the most insignificant part. A bridge if you like, to get my point across.

Decent coaches/managers are not as scarce as many like to think. If we get the right person who knows how to motivate, counsel and manage, then he can surround himself with good technical advisers. IPoch is continually being found lacking in so many areas that I just can't believe what I'm seeing. I totally respect Levy and his achievements but slowly losing that respect when I see what is being allowed under his watch.

Yes, but is it a one way conversation? For me, I would love to show the Leicester goals again and ask Aurier about his role in it. Joe Cole slated Aurier in the studio and I must admit it was fair. The ball had been fed through our right back area and the pass across culminated in a goal. What Poch needs to say is it's absolutely OK for Aurier to be caught upfield as that is where and how he has asked him to play that role. What's not OK is making an assumption that he couldn't influence the outcome and getting caught walking back on camera. That's the dialogue that needs to be happening. No blame culture but identifying areas for improvement so next time we see an improvement in attitude and commitment.

Ditto with the play near the end of the game where Son and Moura were both caught doing nothing and not competing for a ball when we're a goal down. I'd love to hear from them why they think that might be acceptable.

We don't want Poch turning into Mourinho but some tough love needs to be dished out in the right way in my opinion.

Muttley, that is exactly how the management of our team should be happening. If it is not, then I would be very surprised and would Poch to explain why this is not the process.

If it is not, then it explains why we've won nothing under his stewardship.

My best mates son plays professional basketball and this is exactly what they do after every game. On a one on one situation, each move is analyzed and dissected.
Surely we do this at Spurs? Surely.