Matt Crawford (Fat Kid) | Page 2 | Vital Football

Matt Crawford (Fat Kid)

oldgaurd - 12/1/2018 22:27

Long suffering Imp - 12/1/2018 21:43

oldgaurd - 12/1/2018 19:46

Impalex - 12/1/2018 18:11

Impartiality - 12/1/2018 16:33

Impalex - 12/1/2018 16:16

I remember once, at Cambridge, how he mistreated his dad for refusing to give him more money. It was pretty appalling especially as his dad was a lot smaller than he was even then.

Another time, at Northampton's Sixfields Stadium, they were giving away free packets of crisps; he somehow ended up with a whole box and scoffed the lot while watching the game.

He treated his Dad appallingly, he did rely on him though and after Michael died Matt piled on the pounds and was constantly in trouble with the law. He would travel up and down the country by train to various sporting events until he got so big he could no longer get about. He was given help but always managed to alienate those who tried to assist him. At 55 stone and housebound he surely can't have long left. All very tragic.

Sad, but probably true. I thought I was big, but he's nearly three times my weight and mine's going down.

Mocking the afflicted is rather poor form .

Indeed, but not as poor form as hitting nurses!

Maybe you get it. Maybe you don't .People with complex difficulties are likely to exhibit behaviour we cannot comprehend. Cheap jokes and judgmental comments don't contribute anything .

Oh i get it, but prisons full of people with "complex difficulties", as a society we seem to forget about the victims. Perhaps im just being too sensitive because my daughters a nurse and i hear things which make me very uncomfortable.

abebaby - 12/1/2018 19:10

i bumped into Matt outside my house here in Mansfield a few years ago. We only had a brief chat and I got the impression he had drifted away from following football and was now into rugby and followed one of the Hull teams.

Ouch!

oldgaurd - 12/1/2018 22:38

Bazzzer - 12/1/2018 22:19

oldgaurd - 12/1/2018 22:16

Got any more ?

Moooooore??!!

Maybe we should have an anorexic thread ? Bulimia anyone ? How about Bi Polar ? Plenty of other mental health issues to get stuck into . There must be loads of wise cracks we can rinse out of these and other unfortunate afflictions that some have .Think of the fun we can have .Gays? trans genders? How about Alcoholics and people with substance misuse problems? Oh, the list is endless .....I cant wait for all the witty posts

Who would do such a thing.....
Anyway when I was growing up in the 70's it was perfectly acceptable for a teenage boy to fiddle with a tranny under the bed sheets at night

I remember once, at Cambridge, how he mistreated his dad for refusing to give him more money. It was pretty appalling especially as his dad was a lot smaller than he was even then.

Another time, at Northampton's Sixfields Stadium, they were giving away free packets of crisps; he somehow ended up with a whole box and scoffed the lot while watching the game.

He treated his Dad appallingly, he did rely on him though and after Michael died Matt piled on the pounds and was constantly in trouble with the law. He would travel up and down the country by train to various sporting events until he got so big he could no longer get about. He was given help but always managed to alienate those who tried to assist him. At 55 stone and housebound he surely can't have long left. All very tragic.

Sad, but probably true. I thought I was big, but he's nearly three times my weight and mine's going down.

I'm sorry??

"Mocking the afflicted"??

WTF?

Impalex - 13/1/2018 11:32

I'm sorry??

WTF?

I have to say I agree with the wtf on this one. Nearly three times someone's weight...when their weight is going down is in no way "mocking the afflicted". It is an observation that makes it relevant to the poster...As a way of rationalising and emphasising that 55 stone is essentially beyond being exceptionally morbidly obese.

Matthew was a figure of fun in the day and was abusive to many in chip shops across the country. There is a story of his abuse to a Shrewsbury chip shop owner and also the way he treated his Dad.

He probably does have some problems, but to excuse his behaviour for said problems is not appropriate. We can't say..."Oh the axe murdering serial killer has severe mental health problems.That explains it" and bury our heads in the sand.

The clear issue is that we need to have the right level of funding for mental health and eating disorders.....but and this is the crucial element....you can't force people to engage. If they choose not to engage, then...that is their choice.

He chose his path a long time ago and has probably had many chances to engage. If he has chosen not to, then that is his lookout.

My thought is for the nurses whom were assaulted, when all they were doing was trying to help him and the huge operation that will probably have to be undertaken...at the taxpayers cost..to remove him from his house
..when the time comes.

His weight is 349.58 kg. That is akin to having 5 adult men in a car. If the average weight of a chap is 75kg.

I am not mocking the afflicted either, and there is no humour in my post. There comes a time, however, when you stop having to give excuses for people and look to be more constructive in getting them to admit they have a problem and work to finding out the necessary solutions.

From what it is worth, I have struggled with both physical and mental incapacity in the past and could have given up on many occasions....but what would that achieve? The choice is...pull your socks up and climb that hill of difficulty, or wallow in the slough of despond.

I chose the hill. Matthew looks like he chose the other.

UnbelievableJeff - 13/1/2018 12:45

I'm sorry??

WTF?

The clear issue is that we need to have the right level of funding for mental health and eating disorders.....but and this is the crucial element....you can't force people to engage. If they choose not to engage, then...that is their choice.

He chose his path a long time ago and has probably had many chances to engage. If he has chosen not to, then that is his lookout.

That is the case here I'm afraid - he has had so much help and every chance to turn it around but he just won't, and always turns on those helping him. What else can you do?

UnbelievableJeff - 13/1/2018 12:45

I'm sorry??

WTF?

I have to say I agree with the wtf on this one. Nearly three times someone's weight...when their weight is going down is in no way "mocking the afflicted". It is an observation that makes it relevant to the poster...As a way of rationalising and emphasising that 55 stone is essentially beyond being exceptionally morbidly obese.

Matthew was a figure of fun in the day and was abusive to many in chip shops across the country. There is a story of his abuse to a Shrewsbury chip shop owner and also the way he treated his Dad.

He probably does have some problems, but to excuse his behaviour for said problems is not appropriate. We can't say..."Oh the axe murdering serial killer has severe mental health problems.That explains it" and bury our heads in the sand.

My thought is for the nurses whom were assaulted, when all they were doing was trying to help him and the huge operation that will probably have to be undertaken...at the taxpayers cost..to remove him from his house
..when the time comes.

His weight is 349.58 kg. That is akin to having 5 adult men in a car. If the average weight of a chap is 75kg.

I am not mocking the afflicted either, and there is no humour in my post. There comes a time, however, when you stop having to give excuses for people and look to be more constructive in getting them to admit they have a problem and work to finding out the necessary solutions.

From what it is worth, I have struggled with both physical and mental incapacity in the past and could have given up on many occasions....but what would that achieve? The choice is...pull your socks up and climb that hill of difficulty, or wallow in the slough of despond.

I chose the hill. Matthew looks like he chose the other.

Thank you for your support, Jeff. I appreciate it. Your first paragraph perfectly expresses the sentiment I was trying to portray in my comment.

Good luck with your own future. I would suggest that Matt Crawford's future has best been described by Dean (Impartiality).