Matt Crawford (Fat Kid) | Vital Football

Matt Crawford (Fat Kid)

Impster

Vital Football Hero
https://www.chad.co.uk/news/55-stone-man-who-assaulted-nurses-too-heavy-to-come-to-mansfield-court-1-8952804/amp?__twitter_impression=true

55 stone. Must be in the record books?!

P'boro imp - 12/1/2018 16:08

I fail to see what this has got to do with football,was he a Mansfield fan

More recently but I am sure you are aware he was a (well known) Lincoln fan until he was unable to get to games.

I remember once, at Cambridge, how he mistreated his dad for refusing to give him more money. It was pretty appalling especially as his dad was a lot smaller than he was even then.

Another time, at Northampton's Sixfields Stadium, they were giving away free packets of crisps; he somehow ended up with a whole box and scoffed the lot while watching the game.

Impalex - 12/1/2018 16:16

I remember once, at Cambridge, how he mistreated his dad for refusing to give him more money. It was pretty appalling especially as his dad was a lot smaller than he was even then.

Another time, at Northampton's Sixfields Stadium, they were giving away free packets of crisps; he somehow ended up with a whole box and scoffed the lot while watching the game.

Yeah he always had a nasty little streak to him.

Whole 24 box? That's just breakfast!

Believe it or not, he was once a kids football referee in the Newark league. He could hardly walk fast, never mind run. Think he was a lightweight then, at around 18 stone.

Never seen him and Steve Evens in the same room though :mmmm:

He treated his Dad appallingly, he did rely on him though and after Michael died Matt piled on the pounds and was constantly in trouble with the law. He would travel up and down the country by train to various sporting events until he got so big he could no longer get about. He was given help but always managed to alienate those who tried to assist him. At 55 stone and housebound he surely can't have long left. All very tragic.

Impartiality - 12/1/2018 16:33

He treated his Dad appallingly, he did rely on him though and after Michael died Matt piled on the pounds and was constantly in trouble with the law. He would travel up and down the country by train to various sporting events until he got so big he could no longer get about. He was given help but always managed to alienate those who tried to assist him. At 55 stone and housebound he surely can't have long left. All very tragic.

Sad, but probably true. I thought I was big, but he's nearly three times my weight and mine's going down.

i bumped into Matt outside my house here in Mansfield a few years ago. We only had a brief chat and I got the impression he had drifted away from following football and was now into rugby and followed one of the Hull teams.

Impalex - 12/1/2018 18:11

Sad, but probably true. I thought I was big, but he's nearly three times my weight and mine's going down.

Mocking the afflicted is rather poor form .

oldgaurd - 12/1/2018 19:46

Yeah I agree about mocking the obese.
Don't you think they have enough on their plate.

Indeed, but not as poor form as hitting nurses!

clanfordimp - 12/1/2018 21:39

Yeah I agree about mocking the obese.
Don't you think they have enough on their plate.

Got any more ?

Long suffering Imp - 12/1/2018 21:43

Indeed, but not as poor form as hitting nurses!

Maybe you get it. Maybe you don't .People with complex difficulties are likely to exhibit behaviour we cannot comprehend. Cheap jokes and judgmental comments don't contribute anything .

Bazzzer - 12/1/2018 22:19

oldgaurd - 12/1/2018 22:16

Got any more ?

Moooooore??!!

Maybe we should have an anorexic thread ? Bulimia anyone ? How about Bi Polar ? Plenty of other mental health issues to get stuck into . There must be loads of wise cracks we can rinse out of these and other unfortunate afflictions that some have .Think of the fun we can have .Gays? trans genders? How about Alcoholics and people with substance misuse problems? Oh, the list is endless .....I cant wait for all the witty posts