Match Thread v Wolves | Page 15 | Vital Football

Match Thread v Wolves

agree on Dom but Origi was dogshite.
Yes. Agree….would have started him just for the width as Reyna not a wide man and kept drifting inside….Reyna may actually be decent tbf, trouble is he never gonna get a proper look in when mgw available…

Yates didn’t do particularly well but as Mao says, it’s woeful from Omobamidele. I’ve gotta say he doesn’t impress me at all. He may be young, but he’s got a mistake in him, he’s weak in the air and he isn’t strong enough. He’s also so bloody pedestrian on the ball when we need to move it fast… for me he’s just a slightly younger Worrall - plays the same way

I said it at the time we got rid - we’d look a lot more solid with Scott McKenna in alongside Murillo. Great in the air and more dominating. I know he wasn’t great times last season, but I’m convinced we wouldn’t have conceded half the set pieces we have with him in there

Last edited:
Yates didn’t do particularly well but as Mao says, it’s woeful from Omobamidele. I’ve gotta say he doesn’t impress me at all. He may be young, but he’s got a mistake in him, he’s weak in the air and he isn’t strong enough. He’s also so bloody pedestrian on the ball when we need to move it fast… for me he’s just a slightly younger Worrall - plays the same way

I said it at the time we got rid - we’d look a lot more solid with Scott McKenna in alongside Murillo. Great in the air and more dominating. I know he wasn’t great times last season, but I’m convinced we wouldn’t have conceded half the set pieces we have with him in there
Every point I disagree with here on Oma

Head and shoulders way more talented than Worrall
For the goal, Yates, getting his way and doing precisely nothing to anticipate anything and double up on Cunha merely got in his way.

Without Yates being there at all, Oma would have had more chance of forcing a tackle

This goal though, where was our RB, and Murillo? Oma held him up till the turn, and Yates wasn’t there could have made more of a block or tackle

This was the total lack of IQ from Yates on that goal

Every point I disagree with here on Oma

Head and shoulders way more talented than Worrall
For the goal, Yates, getting his way and doing precisely nothing to anticipate anything and double up on Cunha merely got in his way.

Without Yates being there at all, Oma would have had more chance of forcing a tackle

This goal though, where was our RB, and Murillo? Oma held him up till the turn, and Yates wasn’t there could have made more of a block or tackle

This was the total lack of IQ from Yates on that goal

It doesn’t matter… he’s a centre half the right side of the striker facing him by the touch line and he got so easily turned, I’d expect better defending from a striker. You simply CANNOT get done there. People said it was a great goal from Cunha, and don’t get me wrong, the finish was, but he had to do fuck all to get round Omo. He didn’t even put pressure on him for the shot. It’s crap from a PL defender, and if it was Worrall, he’d be getting pelters

It doesn’t matter… he’s a centre half the right side of the striker facing him by the touch line and he got so easily turned, I’d expect better defending from a striker. You simply CANNOT get done there. People said it was a great goal from Cunha, and don’t get me wrong, the finish was, but he had to do fuck all to get round Omo. He didn’t even put pressure on him for the shot. It’s crap from a PL defender, and if it was Worrall, he’d be getting pelters
Sure, but what I’m saying is if Yates wasn’t there, that outcome may not have happened or more importantly his presence there should have been way more constructive

There is a great player in Omobamidele and he has done amazingly having been thrown into the difficult situation that we find ourselves in. He needs time, no way should he be written off he is going onto a great career probably at a higher premier league level than we will be for a good while.

Both him and Murrilo have a mistakes in them but no more than any others in the defence this season.

Murrilo and Omobamidele should not be playing together and they both need the experience head next to them, enter Boly oh wait he's always injured. Felipe the same. They are learning on the job together. Not sure why anyone would be overly critical of either of them at their age and the situation they are performing in. Very odd.

There is a great player in Omobamidele and he has done amazingly having been thrown into the difficult situation that we find ourselves in. He needs time, no way should he be written off he is going onto a great career probably at a higher premier league level than we will be for a good while.

Both him and Murrilo have a mistakes in them but no more than any others in the defence this season.

Murrilo and Omobamidele should not be playing together and they both need the experience head next to them, enter Boly oh wait he's always injured. Felipe the same. They are learning on the job together. Not sure why anyone would be overly critical of either of them at their age and the situation they are performing in. Very odd.
If we had an experienced, PL savvy CB like a Tarkowski or Dunk, or someone of that ilk, with Oma and Murillo either side, then a 3 at the back formation would be, or could be great for us next season.
We have the wing backs and should
Have a CM combo also to have a solid 3-5-2 line up

No, I don't rate him.

Palace have better players than us overall
Some yes, some no. Squads are very close in terms of talent. Our Murillos, MGW, and a fit Taiwo can have similar value and impact to Guehi, Eze and Olise

But it’s not about that, as Glasner has only had Eze to work with until today, it’s about a noticeable difference in Palace from being a soft touch to getting an away win at Liverpool.

Something we wish to see from us, coupled with great defensive structure and keeping a threat up top.

Palace should have had 4 today

Sure, but what I’m saying is if Yates wasn’t there, that outcome may not have happened or more importantly his presence there should have been way more constructive
Oma didn’t do great but Yates pretty much could have 100% stopped that situation by simply stepping to the right and tucking in behind Oma. The fact he stepped left instead is just mind-boggling….

I see that as all Yates and not Oma

Oma was holding him up before the turn and Yates appears from nowhere, gets in his way and basically taking them both away from making a tackle.
He really doesn’t have a brain at all
Definitely how I saw it too.