Match Thread v Wolves | Page 11 | Vital Football

Match Thread v Wolves

5 games left now. Straight shoot out.

Forest are 2 points ahead (+1 and the Goal difference)

This is what i think :

Everton (a) - L
City (h) - L
Blades (a) - W
Chelsea (h) - D
Burnley (a) - W

Total = 7 points

This gets us to 33.

Luton :

Brentford (h) - W
Wolves (a) - D
Everton (h) - D
WHU (a) - L
Fulham (h) - W

Total = 8 points

This gets them to 33

Forest survive on GD.

Last day nerves.

Although, I also think we might get one point back.
I think that's a reasonable assumption for them

Absolutely zero chance that Brentford do us a favour. They will "throw" that game 100%. Likewise, Luton win against Fulham on the last day so we have to be ahead of them at that point.

Well that game is confirmation of 2 things.

1) there is no way we will ever take the initiative and pull ourselves clear. This is squeaky bum time right up to the finish.

2) if somehow we survive then holiday break should be replaced by an intensive set piece training camp.

Can't be unhappy with any points this time of the season but let ourselves down badly again with poor goals to concede. That point becomes a very important one of we magically get 2 points back on appeal as with GD it would effectively put us 4 above Luton.

Must now win at Everton. Can't see us doing that tbh even if they are in bad form we just seem to bottle it every time we give ourselves a chance.

I think that's a reasonable assumption for them

Absolutely zero chance that Brentford do us a favour. They will "throw" that game 100%. Likewise, Luton win against Fulham on the last day so we have to be ahead of them at that point.
Are Brentford completely clear yet to take that game lightly . I think that will be a draw.

Last edited:
Fucking hell, did Nuno actually say in his post match with BBC that "it's an easy situation to solve" in response to being questioned about our set piece defending record.

Well go on then bloody solve it then would you and solve it fucking quickly please. Wtf if it's so easy why haven't you solved it fucking weeks ago.

I turned it off and didn't listen to the rest when he said that.

Could use Boly for that game on DCL, but I have to say Oma and Murillo are a hell of a potential CB pairing for the future.

Sels and whoever allowed Kilman the free header at the corner was a disaster. DCL was the best aerial threat in the PL a year or 2 ago, and you know he will get a couple of chances next week
Well Oma didnt do too well for the first goal, that was woeful defending.

The second goal was another defensive omnishambles but the goal should have been ruled out for offside; when the goal scorer made contact with the ball, there was a Wolves player stood on the line.

It’s just so depressing. We aren’t terrible.. we just simply cannot defend set pieces. They’re as good as penalties for the oppostion, and that is simply utterly pathetic. It’s every single game and that manager has sidelined the set piece coach - it’s absolutely unacceptable.

There’s no point in getting excited about equalisers or taking the lead… we simply have no desire to hold the lead, and we never do.

Been convinced since January we’re going down and I can’t see anything to suggest otherwise.

5 games left now. Straight shoot out.

Forest are 2 points ahead (+1 and the Goal difference)

This is what i think :

Everton (a) - L
City (h) - L
Blades (a) - W
Chelsea (h) - D
Burnley (a) - W

Total = 7 points

This gets us to 33.

Luton :

Brentford (h) - W
Wolves (a) - D
Everton (h) - D
WHU (a) - L
Fulham (h) - W

Total = 8 points

This gets them to 33

Forest survive on GD.

Last day nerves.

Although, I also think we might get one point back.

If Luton get 7 more points we won't stay up

By the way, any chance these useless wankers can get a winner in the last few minutes? We must be the only team in the league to have not snatched a late winner since our sheff u win in August. Embarrassing
We are I think. We have the least number of late goals, I think I read somewhere

Well Oma didnt do too well for the first goal, that was woeful defending.

The second goal was another defensive omnishambles but the goal should have been ruled out for offside; when the goal scorer made contact with the ball, there was a Wolves player stood on the line.
I see that as all Yates and not Oma

Oma was holding him up before the turn and Yates appears from nowhere, gets in his way and basically taking them both away from making a tackle.
He really doesn’t have a brain at all