Match Thread v Wolves | Page 14 | Vital Football

Match Thread v Wolves

Interesting watching MOTD and seeing how well Luton defended. Well discliplined and each player was clear on their position and marking. Unlike us - especially at set pieces.

Everton will go for the set pieces and harassing the keeper etc as they score most of their goals from set plays. I think we get something at Everton and will be a great result.

Hoping to get to the Forest supporters pub next sunday in Marylebone for this.

Summary.

Yates needs to be dropped for Dominguez. Yates gave away a simple pass that murillo saved us from aswell as not tracking back for the first goal.

We scored from a corner!!! much better on out delivery in this game. Reyna had two chances one went just wide and the other was saved last ditch. Start him unless elanga fit.

Danilo - seems much better and back to his best. Shouldn't have subbed him.would have got two.. Great save from Sa otherwise

Tav - lack of concentration and i'd rather have toffolo coming on when Aina was knackeered (he worked his socks off) although Tav can worry defenders with pace.

Second goal - wood saw an unmarked player and missed the header. Sels saved the first shot i think we were unlucky though.

CHO can't cross almost seems in two minds on crossing or shooting. People have found out he only scores goals one way from the left. He was also a bit indecisive.

As soon as it was 2-2 Wolves didn't want to press and wanted to sit back. Origi should have squared it to wood but you can see how desperate he is to score. I feel if he scored then it would help.

Wolves also went down too easy and seemed to want to cheat.

First goal conceded. Sa downfield at running wide man. We have a back four but nobody near him. Omab has to come across. The nearest assistance he gets is from a midfielder Yates, who finds himself on wrong side when he cuts back. Why only one defender and a retreating midfielder defending?

Second goal, why are we so bad defending set pieces. As promising as the pairing of Omab and Murillo is their strength is not aerial. We require some aerial dominance to assist and that is not Wood.

We could do what Wolves do and go for a very fluid. 3:4:2:1. Bring Boly in to give more height, strength and experience in defence and set pieces. Push our two wing backs up to support midfield and ensure not over run. Yes it means weakening attack. Two wide men in CHO and Elanga will not be required. One of them with MGW provide 2 behind striker or Reyna.

Width is provided by Williams and Aina. We can always bring on CHO and/ or Elanga for late on.

Sangare is now behind Danilo, Dominguez and Yates and surely Origi is now behind Riberio.

Everton will play for set pieces, and 90% will go aerial. Now is the right time to change formation.

I don't understand the obsession people have with Reyna

He is absolutely powderpuff. No where near strong enough for this league.

He put in one good corner, one or two other decent passes but lost the ball loads of times in dangerous areas.

The new lad, Ribiero, impressed me more. Tall, won the ball in the air nearly every time and his pass to Origi should have won the game.

I certainly won't be excited to see Reyna's name on the team sheet again

He put in one good corner, one or two other decent passes but lost the ball loads of times in dangerous areas.

The new lad, Ribiero, impressed me more. Tall, won the ball in the air nearly every time and his pass to Origi should have won the game.

Agree on Ribiero, he looked good from his small cameo. Aren't we supposed to have a signing option on him?

Agree Ribiero does look good and should be given more opportunities off the bench.

I see that as all Yates and not Oma

Oma was holding him up before the turn and Yates appears from nowhere, gets in his way and basically taking them both away from making a tackle.
He really doesn’t have a brain at all
No, it was Oma's man all the way; Yates was blocking the pass back.

Cunha turned Oma inside out; defenders should not get beat in that position.

No, it was Oma's man all the way; Yates was blocking the pass back.

Cunha turned Oma inside out; defenders should not get beat in that position.
You only had to look at Oma's body language afterwards.

It wasn't Yates he was blaming.

Cunha is a £50m+ player. He is outstanding. We are unlucky to be his first game since February. Better defenders than Oma have been fucked over by him.

But yeah, it was Omobamidele. I felt at the time that he had a couple of chances to possibly poke the ball away but didn't take them

Sels was so close to saving it too, watching the replays. I didn't think he was anywhere near from the far end of the ground but he finger tipped it onto the inside of the post. If he hadn't cut his nails that morning it might have been enough to hit the post and come back out, rather than in.

So many nearly moments this season. It's been such an unbelievably frustrating one. I spend all day swinging between feeling doomed to relegation then feeling we're not terrible and that actually, of 5 remaining games there are 4 we could take draws or wins from.

Reyna or Origi?

Overall our African signings have not worked out

Emmanuel Dennis- 20 Mill wasted
Boly - medically retire
Niakhate - expected so much more from this lad
Awoniyi - misses far too many games (made the first 11 36% of the time this season)
Aina - best fullback we have
Sangare- 35 million absolutely wasted so far
Kouyate - rarely plays

Last edited:
Wood really is the glue for this team at the moment; he has a good finish on him and a lot of hidden layers.

Let's hope he doesn't get too many international call ups - most of our players seem to come back missing a few parts after they've been on the plane, especially Wood.
He'd link up well with Patrick Van Aanholt . PVA.

And also, Forest now have a virtually unassailable goal difference compared to Luton Town, so that is a point at this stage of the season. In effect, Forest are two points above Luton Town.

And also, Forest now have a virtually unassailable goal difference compared to Luton Town, so that is a point at this stage of the season. In effect, Forest are two points above Luton Town.
It's only 8.

We have Man City to play. Any decent defeat to them coupled with any Luton win and evaporates.

To anyone counting on a single digit goal difference, I say only "Remember Stoke City"

You only had to look at Oma's body language afterwards.

It wasn't Yates he was blaming.

Cunha is a £50m+ player. He is outstanding. We are unlucky to be his first game since February. Better defenders than Oma have been fucked over by him.

But yeah, it was Omobamidele. I felt at the time that he had a couple of chances to possibly poke the ball away but didn't take them

thought he was generally ok. difficult to single individuals when we are so badly organised as a whole in defense.

thankfully I am fooking off somewhere warm so i wont be mopey this week.

we are playing better but to stay up is going to be tight.