Match Thread v Wolves | Page 12 | Vital Football

Match Thread v Wolves

I honestly think that between ourselves and Luton, we’re going to try and out-rubbish each other till the end of the season, and the team that survives will do so on a surprisingly low points tally. I’d be amazed if we won more than 1 of our remaining matches - I don’t look at any of them and think we’ll definitely win. If we win 2, there’s no way we don’t survive, in my opinion.

The problem I do have and it differs somewhat from some of the other views on here, is that I actually do think we’re awful. When it comes to every basic aspect of the game, we struggle - we’re not clinical even with our good chances, the opposition require a comically small amount of pressure for us to concede, and our ball retention is pretty shocking.

We have some very good players but there’s no synergy whatsoever in the side, the players are so far apart from each other sometimes, so disparate in their styles and thought processes, that half the time nothing and nobody seems to be on the same wavelength. I hope that I’m wrong and that Nuno is gelling them in some manner I cannot perceive, because to me it looks chaotic and panicked week after week.

I’m not saying that today we played badly, but it feels like we have to have two-thirds of a game in order to achieve a point out of it, and we’re nowhere near scrapping for the hard and ugly wins that we really could do with to escape the mess we find ourselves in. Fulham maybe was the epitome of this, for we had to play nearly a perfect half of football to get far enough ahead to win.

Meanwhile, the Palace and Wolves games have slipped by, ugly games where we had more of the game, yet never really threatened to win it whether by inspiration, determination, or divine intervention. I think the other teams down there might find enough ugly to escape.

I see that as all Yates and not Oma

Oma was holding him up before the turn and Yates appears from nowhere, gets in his way and basically taking them both away from making a tackle.
He really doesn’t have a brain at all
Manager got selection wrong today. Dom should have been in for Yates and Origi (only to keep the shape of the team) should have started ahead of Reyna.

I've watched quite a bit of them and think they will prove it by staying up at our expense.

1st half against Fulham we looked like a top 8 side. Trouble is, we'll be down and out before that ever materialises.
we have done 5 points better them so far this season and 8 points better for goal difference though, i think that we will continue to be better or at least as well as than them during these last handful of games

we have done 5 points better them so far this season and 8 points better for goal difference though, i think that we will continue to be better or at least as well as than them during these last handful of games
Luton have every chance of getting at least a couple more wins. We do too, but those couple will need to be away from home, and we’ve won twice away this season only

Unless we get a point or 2 back, it’s going to be ugly

We're a mid-table prem side for 95% of a game, but a non-league side for concentration and set plays.

We've spent the entire season saying "cut out the individual errors, learn to defend set pieces and we'll be fine". We've done neither, and we aren't going to be fine. I'm sick of hearing Nuno say we deserved this, or we deserved that. We need to get what we deserve or its worthless.

Better yet we need to find a way to snatch more than we deserve in games - but we haven't done that in pretty much any game this season.

I cannot wrap my head around what's going on. Individually our players aren't bad. How can a squad of reasonably decent professional footballers not have improved AT ALL on defending set pieces throughout a full season of professional coaching and training.

It's unforgivable.

I was in hospitality today, expensive but a great experience. Makes my usual TE experience seem like true cattle class - shit service, paper cups for your "pint", queues for everything, breeze block toilets not even any seat padding FFS.

View from halfway line was brilliant.

I didn't realise the big man was 5 feet from me until he stood up looking pretty exasperated when Origi shot/crossed near the end. Not a happy man. TV intact at the end of the game though.

The other thing I noticed is that there was a decent amount of tension between the Forest bench and what I assumed to be the 4th official (the **** with the board for subs/extra time)

Also the Wolves fans get my vote for the worst away fans as they were last season.

Finally the defending corners situation is beyond belief at this level, an absolute disgrace.

I can't see Nuno here next season.

Ah well, D***y C*unty next season chaps!

Haven't missed them at all. Would happily go a few more years without playing them.

Like others have said though, our refusal to purchase or play a dominant CH who wins headers, is ultimately sending us back to Pride Park. Great.

Also, World War 3 is kicking off but I'm more scared of our defending of set pieces.

Last edited:
Found a way to draw a must-win game from a winning position. It's now down to us and Luton for that 3rd spot, and they are better than us.

There is no position that this team couldn't immediately fuck up. Can't wait for a fresh start whatever league we're in. I can't take more of this bullshit.
So predictable.... so frustrating. Still, I was fully expecting us to let in a third, so a point is better than nothing..

Don't know what to say...going 2-1 up nd in less then 5 minutes conceed again...it doesn't make sense...Wolves are not an easy side to play against, but going infront was already a big ask...we just needed to control the game...
Free header AGAIN!!!