MATCH THREAD v Newcastle 12-30 kick off 13/4 away | Vital Football

MATCH THREAD v Newcastle 12-30 kick off 13/4 away

Walthamstow wanderer

Alert Team
Staff member
Another must win game , as they all are now . This time we play first on the weekend and they others will have to play catch up
I’ve not been so looking forward to games for a long while .

Last edited by a moderator:
Even a draw would be a reasonable result considering Villa have to go to the Emptycrates this weekend. It would be nice to build a buffer as we don't have a game the following weekend while Villa do.

i still remember us going there last season thinking it will be an ezy 3 points and getting thrashed 6-1

I think it's must win considering how on and off Newcastle are, especially with their injuries.

Arsenal, Chelsea & Liverpool our next 3 as well, whilst I don't think we will get 0 points there's every chance it could happen, so a draw just isn't going to be enough.

The fact i feel as confident as you do Ex, makes me take pause for thought. So i reckon we'll actually lose this one & lose badly.

Interesting to read that Guimaraes is on nine yellows and if he picks up a tenth against us he faces a two game ban. The silly thing is though, if he picks up one during play and contrives to pick up a second at the end of the game he would only face a one game ban. Either way we should use the situation to our advantage.

Something tells me you won't be happy until we're battling relegation and Big Sam pulls up on deadline day to bail us out!
Why would you think that? Fyi i have us down to finish 5th this year in the PL.

Like it or not we're a Jeckyll & Hyde team, so i'm just saying it like it is. I'll not sugar coat something that's clearly far from perfect.

Newcastle are pretty light at the back at the moment. The defense can definitely be got at.

Gordon and Isak are having very good seasons and will a big threat. Barnes back from injury and has come if the bench in the last few games aswell.

This should be a very good game.

We need to show the desire to push on after a good showing against Forest.

A win would be a big result for us in the fight for 4th!