MATCH THREAD v Forest Sunday 7 th April ….18-00 kick off | Page 11 | Vital Football

MATCH THREAD v Forest Sunday 7 th April ….18-00 kick off

It was a funny old game today.
First we dominated, and TBH I thought we could be 2/3 up in the first 15 mins, then came the 'sucker punch, cut thru us like a knife thru butter, made that Donkey Woods look decent.
Given we rode our luck for a further 20 minutes.
2nd half we picked up again and the subs seemed to make, a difference, (tho' I thought Biss played OK really), both Hoj and Bents had a decent game and e dictated virtually the, whole, 2nd half.
Issues are:
We don't create enough with our superior possession.
We let very simple goals in from very few chances.
A few players were off the boil today and, as Mutters has pointed out, I did see Sonny renage from a couple of difficult challanges today, Sarr was anonymous and Madders, was off the boil, I do think Biss paid a price for this.
We'll played VDV, Hoj, Timo, and Bents.
4th in the league, that'll do

Control the midfield and you generally control the game.

I know Hojbjerg has his critics but the difference both he and Bentancur made in the second half allowed us to grab the game by the scruff of the neck.

Bissouma is a very tidy player but he looks better on the eye than he actually is. He has some very good qualities but we need a better 6 to take us to the next level.

Sarr is a very young player so I don’t want to criticise him. His form has dipped and he is finding it hard to impact games recently. He’ll continue to improve but right now Bentancur should be our starting 8.

The experience and know how of Hojbjerg and Bentancur in the middle of the park would be my preference until the end if the season.

I know Hojbjerg has his critics but the difference both he and Bentancur made in the second half allowed us to grab the game by the scruff of the neck.

Bissouma is a very tidy player but he looks better on the eye than he actually is. He has some very good qualities but we need a better 6 to take us to the next level.

Sarr is a very young player so I don’t want to criticise him. His form has dipped and he is finding it hard to impact games recently. He’ll continue to improve but right now Bentancur should be our starting 8.

The experience and know how of Hojbjerg and Bentancur in the middle of the park would be my preference until the end if the season.

I agree with everything but I would use Hojberg as he is being used now.

It was a funny old game today.
First we dominated, and TBH I thought we could be 2/3 up in the first 15 mins, then came the 'sucker punch, cut thru us like a knife thru butter, made that Donkey Woods look decent.
Given we rode our luck for a further 20 minutes.
2nd half we picked up again and the subs seemed to make, a difference, (tho' I thought Biss played OK really), both Hoj and Bents had a decent game and e dictated virtually the, whole, 2nd half.
Issues are:
We don't create enough with our superior possession.
We let very simple goals in from very few chances.
A few players were off the boil today and, as Mutters has pointed out, I did see Sonny renage from a couple of difficult challanges today, Sarr was anonymous and Madders, was off the boil, I do think Biss paid a price for this.
We'll played VDV, Hoj, Timo, and Bents.
4th in the league, that'll do
Stole my post Niall, exactly my thoughts. The next four fixtures are somewhat scary Newcastle, Arsenal, Liverpool and Chelsea, but if we take six points out of twelve from those fixtures fourth place will be ours.

Stole my post Niall, exactly my thoughts. The next four fixtures are somewhat scary Newcastle, Arsenal, Liverpool and Chelsea, but if we take six points out of twelve from those fixtures fourth place will be ours.
I expect to lose 2 of them. Draw two.

The only thing I would add to what's been said, is my growing frustration with Destiny. There is a fabulous player in there and he is young and will develop, but at the moment he can be a liability. We need another no 3 to pressure him as neither Ben or Emerson can do that. We can't ask for a better defensive core of Micky, Cuti and Vic but they are far too exposed especially on Destiny's side. Pedro has far better recovery speed.

The only thing I would add to what's been said, is my growing frustration with Destiny. There is a fabulous player in there and he is young and will develop, but at the moment he can be a liability. We need another no 3 to pressure him as neither Ben or Emerson can do that. We can't ask for a better defensive core of Micky, Cuti and Vic but they are far too exposed especially on Destiny's side. Pedro has far better recovery speed.
Lately, he's simply not working back the way he did at the beginning of the season,that said, it's been a stop start season a bit for him and the hope must be that he'll show better judgement and intelligence next season - our defence has to stop gifting goals, the same is true of Pedro - both need serious competition for their spots and both need to work on their timing and defence interceptions as both are below par much of the time lately.

I agree and have said it many times....too many times we simply have no presence in the midfield and we are left extremely vulnerable. I am not sure if Biss is simply confused as to what to do, but he looks completely lost and out of place out there....Sarr is young and learning but comon he was out in front of our forwards many times yesterday, what the hell, is he being told to do that?...Madds is simply not going to help win the mid, that isn't what he is being asked to do, plus he looks like a dead man walking out there, rest him please.

Bents has looked great the last few matches he has come in...give him a start. And as much as I hate saying it....PEH is exactly the TYPE of player we need in the middle to counter balance our 'fuck it all...ATTACK' mentality. He generally is conservative and stays home and is generally annoying as hell to the opposing team. Immediately after he came on the midfield looked much more composed and wasn't a damn open freeway to our back line.

I am not saying PEH is the answer, but we need a player that gets IT like he does.

**If AP doesn't want a PEH type player in the middle...then we are royally screwed.

Don't forget we still have City left as well at the end maybe?

Well hello all you happy Geezer's n Lassies, well some of you anyway lol!

I enjoyed the game, this ole heart of mine said differently lol!

A win is a bloody win, another 3pts yeeha! onwards n upwards.

It basically was the old saying a game of 2 halves, well the 1st half anyway, batter the bus parkers, great crosses into box, nobody there, box hanging striker required, Shoot yes you heard it we ave started Shooting, great possession but didn't take advantage of it then got sucka punched wiv Ugogie, sorry nipper, day dreaming again, and make Woodpile look a bloody genius!

Last 20 mins or so go back to the Spursey thingy, hate that bloody word, survived being the Away team, seemed like it anyway, until HT.

Angie made early quick decision, Hoj n Bents on, Biss, whats happened to you, and Sarr, only a nipper and still learning this is the big boys league.

Angie's decision made 100% difference, by the 57 min 2 additional goals 3-1, what a strike shot from VDV, where have you been? and where did that come from? next Pedro another shot and great finish.

Yes towards the end there were a couple of dirty pants times, funny thing Hoj involved, not saying much just that he can be so erratic, but generally he had a good game.

How the hell did NF finish the game wiv 11 players? there was 100% 2 sending off's, ah well we all know why!

Maddy started off very good, but looks to me he aint fit enough.
Jonny another one of his off days, note still only a nipper, he will get there.
Bents he is almost back to the geezer we all luv.
Kulu where have you gone from last seasons way?

I could go on but will not, so for me its NEXT! COYS

Ah come on peops get ya Fencing Sitting Negative Hats off, lets feel the optimism and be optimistic, just like I am. Lol!....COYS

Don't forget we still have City left as well at the end maybe?
City are never a problem for us! I'm not in the slightest bit bothered as to which of the top three is the eventual PL champion, but Spurs will have a big say in the outcome, and if it turns out to be Arsenal so be it, they'll have earned it. In terms of our fixtures I think that we will lose to Liverpool, draw with City, and beat Arsenal.

I enjoyed the game tbh. I think football has developed into much much more than the starting 11 now and we see it almost every week at Spurs. It doesnt really matter who the starting 11 is (Unless we discuss Son), the second set of players have the benefit of going at a slightly more tired opposition.

Personally i have issues with PEH but lately he has been able to come on, show good match awareness and much more progressive play. He did do some rather astonishingly poor passes which against better opposition might have cost us the game. That said, do i believe he is suddenly an amazing player? No he is getting the benefit of the second 45 mins. Thats all. Bissouma & Sarr are not playing 100% but they are softening the opposition down and allowing us to play.

I dont really care who starts or finishes as long as whilst they are on the pitch they give 100% and do not time manage. We need to get Son involved in this rotation pattern asap.

This mentality not only raises levels but it also protects players from overuse injuries PLUS is enables the SQUAD to reach a better balance. Isnt it nice to think the game needs changed up and look to the bench and see PEH, Bents & LeCelso sat there with genuinue match fitness ready to go.

3 points against Forrest are as good as 3 points against Liverpool at this stage of the season.