Match thread V Blackpool | Page 3 | Vital Football

Match thread V Blackpool

I am sure it is meant as positive criticism but the commentary team do like to point out all Gills shortcomings of the 'they're inexperienced and making mistakes, but will improve in time' type comments. Wears the listener down!

Fantastic start, but tactically there’s been overuse of the long diagonal ball out to Graham or long ball to Oliver. I think we have players who can keep it down and create with one twos or even playing through the middle.
Central defence looks a bit shaky - almost an own goal from Medley that Bonham saved well.

Hoofing a bit too much so far - we`re missing the influence of Dempsey. Perhaps we need Graham switched back to the right hand side and Coyle (for Mellis) on to cover the left ?

Agree we have had spells of quality passing which I would like to see more of, some of the interchanges between midfield and the front two

Blackpool commentary team are complimentary of us and even stated it’s not a long ball game but a long ball with purpose and results

Quality second goal from Samuel! Also Oliver has been terrific, never stops running he's effective and must be a nightmare to defend against using his physical presence.

I like others am getting tired of the Gills commentators...banging on about how much possession Blackpool have had...well they've hardly done anything with it have they lads 🤷🏻‍♂️
I switched for a bit. Thought they talked bollox. Praising Akinde now!