Match thread V Blackpool | Vital Football

Match thread V Blackpool

shotshy

Vital Champions League
It’s going to be tough.
Hopefully SE will put out an attacking lineup and Tucker will be back in as CB

I would not have minded sat up in the Town End even with a gale force Northerly blowing, unfortunately it will not be the same watching on the pc.
As a team we have created many chances that have gone begging from our attacking style of play and one day the goals will flow, the guys (all but one) are new to the team this season so might take a little time for them to gel, but we certainly have pace in the team and bring some entertaining football to those who watch.
As for the outcome, a score draw or a one goal advantage to the Pool.
Just hope it is a match remembered for the right reasons.

Like us, Blackpool have quite a few new players in their team. They`ve probably played more pre-season friendlies than us, as they got their training camp underway a few weeks ahead of GFC.

Notable departure from Blackpool a few weeks back was Nathan Delfouneso - he always seemed to have good games against the Gills.

Pool player to watch is CJ Hamilton, a left winger/left sided M/F, who joined Blackpool recently from Mansfield. He`s highly rated and scored two goals in the home win over Swindon. I dare say that SE would have been interested in this chap when a move away from Mansfield was on the cards (don`t suppose his transfer was cheap).

Will be a tough game, but then they all are !

Will Bonham be fit? Will be a big test for Walsh if not. I reckon Samuel will start on the bench so Oliver and Graham up front

Will Bonham be fit? Will be a big test for Walsh if not. I reckon Samuel will start on the bench so Oliver and Graham up front
I’d be cool with young Walsh between the sticks if necessary.
I’d expect a back four of Jacko Maghoma Tucker Ogilvie.
I hope we don’t go the wingback system.
I don’t think that suits our players and we end up with a back five instead of a midfield five.

I would not have minded sat up in the Town End even with a gale force Northerly blowing, unfortunately it will not be the same watching on the pc.
As a team we have created many chances that have gone begging from our attacking style of play and one day the goals will flow, the guys (all but one) are new to the team this season so might take a little time for them to gel, but we certainly have pace in the team and bring some entertaining football to those who watch.
As for the outcome, a score draw or a one goal advantage to the Pool.
Just hope it is a match remembered for the right reasons.
You mentioned that dreaded word "speed" we don't do speed it's cheating. :wagging:

It's chilly with a light rain here in Gillingham. Might add a blanket to my pre match preparations.
Beautiful sunny day here in North Devon but only 14c. outside.
My lounge is south facing and it’s 22c at the moment. T shirt weather until I go out.

Beautiful sunny day here in North Devon but only 14c. outside.
My lounge is south facing and it’s 22c at the moment. T shirt weather until I go out.
Walked 36miles of the North Devon Coastal Footpath last week. You live in a beautiful part of the world.

Walked 36miles of the North Devon Coastal Footpath last week. You live in a beautiful part of the world.
I know that. I pinch myself sometimes.
The other evening, we was sitting on the upper terrace area at the Boat House in Instow overlooking the beach and watching the stunning sunset over Appledore while sipping a Sams cider. 👍

I'm in Dover at the moment, and it's f ing freezing! On a good note, most people are wearing masks outside, and nearly everyone inside places. It's probably why it has the lowest infection rate in Kent.