MATCH THREAD … The NLD 28/4/24 Home | Page 2 | Vital Football

MATCH THREAD … The NLD 28/4/24 Home

He wont and it may well be.

Although it's a derby so I think it'll even itself out abit.

If they weren't our rivals we would likely get spanked.
That's my feeling as well.

I listened to Danny Murphy on Talksport yesterday and he also made the point that Ange isn't learning and then Used Eric Dier's recent interview about not once practising tactics in any training sessions as a huge red flag.

He thinks if Ange doesn't learn quickly, the end of the season could be a bloodbath again.

That's my feeling as well.

I listened to Danny Murphy on Talksport yesterday and he also made the point that Ange isn't learning and then Used Eric Dier's recent interview about not once practising tactics in any training sessions as a huge red flag.

He thinks if Ange doesn't learn quickly, the end of the season could be a bloodbath again.

If we only get 6 more points (which is highly possible) then it's not looking good going into next season.

If we only get 6 more points (which is highly possible) then it's not looking good going into next season.
I believe 3 top class emerging signings are planned - will we get them? I've no idea, but the agent that is saying this is very close to the club, and sits well with my belief that we only need 3-4 signings, promotion into the first team squad of 3 others and the moving on of at least 6/8 players and we'd be in good shape, irrespective of how we finish this season.

Furthermore, I really believe that our recruitment will come up trumps again.

My only concern now is will this be enough to achieve Ange's undiluted vision of how to play, or will we also need him to evolve his tactics ?

I love what he's attempted to do this season, but I am utterly split to have it confirmed that there are no pre-match tactical preps, no review of the oppositions threats, just a rehash of the training of how we should play...

I get the view that our players, our methodology is so superior to any oppositions that we don't need analysts to do what every other club does with their players..

It's brave, it's bold, but I struggle with believing it's smart.

I pray he knows what he's doing.

I believe 3 top class emerging signings are planned - will we get them? I've no idea, but the agent that is saying this is very close to the club, and sits well with my belief that we only need 3-4 signings, promotion into the first team squad of 3 others and the moving on of at least 6/8 players and we'd be in good shape, irrespective of how we finish this season.

My only concern now is will this be enough to achieve Ange's undiluted vision of how to play, or will we also need him to evolve his tactics ?

I love what he's attempted to do this season, but I am utterly split to have it confirmed that there are no pre-match tactical preps, no review of the oppositions threats, just a rehash of the training of how we should play...

I get the view that our players, our methodology is so superior to any oppositions that we don't need analysts to do what every other club does with their players..

That's good news. Whatever happens with Ange in the future the squad is shaping up really nicely.

In the meantime I'm just happy to let it play out and see what develops until next season.

What's a real shame is that amongst all the doom and gloom, and with the fixation on the high line and tactics (or lack of), is that if you look hard enough, in almost every game there are lovely passages of play and chinks of really good football all over the pitch. A few glimpses of what our football could look like in the future.

I honestly believe if he plugs the gaps we'll be a real proposition for anyone next season.

I honestly believe if he plugs the gaps we'll be a real proposition for anyone next season.
As I've said before, I think the gaps this last couple of months have been through post injury issues (fitness, niggles etc) - you can name half a dozen players how been through the mill and may not fully recover their form and confidence until the end of this season.

A full squad, 2-3 additions in key positions, a few promotions from the academy ranks and the sale of at least 6-8 players (which I am assured is all planned) and we could have a well oiled squad can shine again.

So we don’t have anybody watching our opponents games prior to matches ?

That is incredible , and probably explains Fulham ,(x2), Wolves , and a few others .

I’ve heard of brave , but that is bordering on insane . No wonder he didn’t know how to handle the Fulham striker that I had never heard of .

So we don’t have anybody watching our opponents games prior to matches ?

That is incredible , and probably explains Fulham ,(x2), Wolves , and a few others .

I’ve heard of brave , but that is bordering on insane . No wonder he didn’t know how to handle the Fulham striker that I had never heard of .
No, we do have performance analysts (I know one of them quite well) and they do create and give reports on the opposition - but 'apparently' little to no tactical prep is given to the players in training - whereas under Conte (and his grid system) it was non-stop prep day after day so that every player was drilled where they should be at every stage of the game.

So we've supposedly gone from one extreme to the other!

No, we do have performance analysts (I know one of them quite well) and they do create and give reports on the opposition - but 'apparently' little to no tactical prep is given to the players in training - whereas under Conte (and his grid system) it was non-stop prep day after day so that every player was drilled where they should be at every stage of the game.

Oh boy ….. that is insane .

Oh boy ….. that is insane .
There have been a few red flags with Ange for me as follows:

1. When he first joined he said that he lets the opposition worry about us rather than the other way round. At this level - really Ange.
2. He changes his number two from club to club - usually giving opportunities to up and coming coaches. All very admirable but I would rather he went for the best in class.
3. Why won't he get a set piece coach? Our defending at set pieces is appalling. If the first man is missed we lose the header every time - we hardly have anyone even challenging for the ball.
4. Why won't he ever make adjustments to mitigate our oppositions strengths. Eddie Howe said before the game at the weekend that his tactical plan was based on the unique way that Spurs play and also taking into account Newcastle's injuries. Ange will never do this - evidence against Wolves when Ben Davies and Emerson Royal both played as inverted full backs. Incidentally Wolves opening goal was when the smallest player on the pitch strolled in unchallenged at a corner to head them into the lead.

Look I love that Ange likes to play high high energy attacking game and i know that he believes we will get so good at it that the reward will outweigh the risk but at this level if he doesn't compromise at times. his Spurs reign will end in tears.

There have been a few red flags with Ange for me as follows:

1. When he first joined he said that he lets the opposition worry about us rather than the other way round. At this level - really Ange.
2. He changes his number two from club to club - usually giving opportunities to up and coming coaches. All very admirable but I would rather he went for the best in class.
3. Why won't he get a set piece coach? Our defending at set pieces is appalling. If the first man is missed we lose the header every time - we hardly have anyone even challenging for the ball.
4. Why won't he ever make adjustments to mitigate our oppositions strengths. Eddie Howe said before the game at the weekend that his tactical plan was based on the unique way that Spurs play and also taking into account Newcastle's injuries. Ange will never do this - evidence against Wolves when Ben Davies and Emerson Royal both played as inverted full backs. Incidentally Wolves opening goal was when the smallest player on the pitch strolled in unchallenged at a corner to head them into the lead.

Look I love that Ange likes to play high high energy attacking game and i know that he believes we will get so good at it that the reward will outweigh the risk but at this level if he doesn't compromise at times. his Spurs reign will end in tears.
His no.2 is the set piece coach...

Ange has just confirmed this via new quotes online. Madness!

Link please
He said this:

"It's probably something you'd have to ask Eric, I don't know what you mean by tactical work. Everything we do is geared on how we are going to play our football, so for me by extension is tactical work.

Whether that's on us, or whether it's on the opposition. In fact I would probably say we don't do anything apart from tactical work.

That's all we do every day. If we're working on our fitness, we're still trying to play our football.

But I haven't seen the interview so I'm not sure what he's referencing. If you're talking about do we do training where we're standing around and working on how we're going to stop an opposition, how we're going to break down, no we don't do that.

But I don't think that's the only kind of tactical work that exists. I think anyone who trains with us will tell you that all we do is train the way we play. Maybe that's not tactical work, I don't know!"

**I posted this before reading Gary's....so take that into account!

I hate saying this...but if this is 100% factual....I actual would lean towards Conte's approach more.

AP's supposed 'I could give two shits about my opponents' approach is naive and quite honestly UTTERLY FUCKING DUMB at this level. This is the PL not some lower quality league where you can get away with that....like he did. EVERY team from top to bottom can beat you in this league, which is why it is great, and you must respect them.

If this is actually true, and I have to believe there is some miscommunication going on here....his time will be short next year.

He said this:

"It's probably something you'd have to ask Eric, I don't know what you mean by tactical work. Everything we do is geared on how we are going to play our football, so for me by extension is tactical work.

Whether that's on us, or whether it's on the opposition. In fact I would probably say we don't do anything apart from tactical work.

That's all we do every day. If we're working on our fitness, we're still trying to play our football.

But I haven't seen the interview so I'm not sure what he's referencing. If you're talking about do we do training where we're standing around and working on how we're going to stop an opposition, how we're going to break down, no we don't do that.

But I don't think that's the only kind of tactical work that exists. I think anyone who trains with us will tell you that all we do is train the way we play. Maybe that's not tactical work, I don't know!"
Many thanks, afraid that does make clear what we do/don't do and can't say just playing our way can be construed as 'tactical work', but whatever the nuance we clearly don't work on what to do if our way doesn't work..