Match Thread, Swansea v Forest, who cares? | Page 12 | Vital Football

Match Thread, Swansea v Forest, who cares?

If we get rid of Hughton who do we suggest? It's just that whatever type of manager style we get we end up seeing little improvement. Players need to take some responsibility as there are some experienced players out there. I would like to see in the near future 4 or 5 youngsters starting surrounded by the likes of McKenna who have something about them.
We need an old fashioned call it as they see it manager

far too many of this team think they are better than they actually are..home truth time

Would be better paying the u23s than most of these players, genuine possibility we will be in the bottom 3 if CH can't get a decent side from all these players. The fragility of this club after the end to last season is clear, a bad result and it can be 5 or 6 games before we grind out a point. Fig can't play again his heads gone let him go back to Portugal.

At least we get a week off before being subject to more shite.

Exactly.
How is that not a free kick yet he gives a pen for fuck all ?
Are refs all sheep fans ?
Quite.

It's one thing standing tall to let the ball go out of play. Diving horizontally to wrestle Mighten to the ground is a free kick and a yellow card - or should be.

Hughton is not the problem, c'mon , how many managers have we had who couldn't turn this around, the shit that stinks is that fat **** of an owner, and the man child one he preceded. Sacking Hughton would be a mistake and would achieve nothing.

Not for one second saying that Hughton isn't responsible for this but some of these individual performances have been embarrassing.

Far too many instances of not being able to pass it 10 yards, daudling on the ball and getting caught, ball going under feet etc. It's been sunday league stuff.

Expect to see lots of Ryan Yates #OneOfOurOwn stuff on Twitter next week.

I do agree with you, but you don’t see that sort of thing if the managers standards are high enough. You’d never see those mistakes under a Warnock, and he’s hardly got a team of flair players.

I remember when Forest sacked Billy after back to back play off seasons - the team went from disciplined and good in possession to just plain dreadful under mcclaren, with all the mistakes you’re referring to despite it being generally the same team.

It has to be a training issue because if they are doing that, why isn’t he demanding they move the ball quicker.

If we sack another manager after not giving them the time to assemble a team then there really is no point. Sack him and that’s relegation nailed on in my opinion.
let him try and build a side, probably 50/50 chance of staying up. He has only brought one player in that we’ve seen play. Needs this season and next.

Loving the jests on here

Intelligent bloke's who reckon that moving onto our third manager of the season is the route to safety.

Good work gents.

That said, I would like picking Fig to be an automatic sacking offence after that

We are very close to the relegation zone, played two of the worst, lazy uninterested games of football we have in years and haven’t improved under Hughton in anyway whatsoever - at what point do you stop backing him?

Lost count but I think Figs gave them 3 goals today.

That could well be a new record for him.
I honestly cannot remember a player who has let his manager down so many times in such a short time, nor a player who has let us down so much in half a season.

He has beaten Mancienne easily for the number of goals given away.

Any lessons learnt? The way we are set up with two holding leaves a complete lack of ability to create chances, heaping pressure n defence. Our fullbacks are not great defenders. Figi is struggling and Jenx is too slow. Freeman is overweight and slow. Guerreo is not a championship player. Knockheart gives the ball away and Lolley is quiet. Did Taylor play.

3 at the back and attacking wingbacks allowing two wide men to play closer to striker. Kirov can have a free role.

BTW, my comment about fine margins wasn't about the performances of Swansea and Forest in the first half, but the decisions that went against us.

First goal - Routledge offside. Second goal - if Forest surrounded the keeper from a corner, and an opponent was knocked to the ground on his own goalline in the resulting scrum, it would be a free kick against us. Taylor is pushed to the ground, ref says play on, and they score a cracker.

Pitch was bobbly, which didn't help players like Lolley and Mighten who run at defenders. Swansea passed the ball so much better and more creatively than us, took the pitch out of the equation with accurate long balls.

But Freeman returned and didn't look totally unfit. Second team players got some game time while first team players got a rest. There are some slight silver linings to the cloud.

The joke penalty decision when we were pressing for an equaliser killed the game.

We are very close to the relegation zone, played two of the worst, lazy uninterested games of football we have in years and haven’t improved under Hughton in anyway whatsoever - at what point do you stop backing him?
We have just lost two after winning three on the spin.

Calm down. It's a terrible season.

I am far more worried by Wednesday than I am by this one with 10 changes and Fig at the back.