Match Thread, Swansea v Forest, who cares? | Page 17 | Vital Football

Match Thread, Swansea v Forest, who cares?

But now we are on TV all the time. If the cameras are what scares the players than we have no chance to see us win something...

But now we are on TV all the time. If the cameras are what scares the players than we have no chance to see us win something...
Forest have struggled with cameras and without, home and away, with fans and without fans over the last 20 years. The t.v games are just an accurate snapshot

BBC stats show anything but a 5-1 game.

Plenty of shots for both sides, but they had far more on target. We had far more corners and shaded possession.

Not sure if the stats include shots blocked - Swansea's defence blocked our shots brilliantly as I recall.

Will try and watch again (or maybe not bother!) as the stats don't reflect my own impression of being outplayed all over the pitch. Maybe we weren't so bad, except in a couple of defensive positions.

BBC stats show anything but a 5-1 game.

Plenty of shots for both sides, but they had far more on target. We had far more corners and shaded possession.

Not sure if the stats include shots blocked - Swansea's defence blocked our shots brilliantly as I recall.

Will try and watch again (or maybe not bother!) as the stats don't reflect my own impression of being outplayed all over the pitch. Maybe we weren't so bad, except in a couple of defensive positions.

The quality of a couple of their goals highlighted the gulf in class to me.

The quality of a couple of their goals highlighted the gulf in class to me.
I'd like to see the sliding doors version where they don't get the penalty (or Smith dives the right way and saves it).

They did play well and scored some good goals, but the stats say we had far more efforts at goal than I remember. That's what intrigues me, given the negative view we all have of the performance.

If anything, it shows how bad we are at turning attacks into goals.

I'd like to see the sliding doors version where they don't get the penalty (or Smith dives the right way and saves it).

They did play well and scored some good goals, but the stats say we had far more efforts at goal than I remember. That's what intrigues me, given the negative view we all have of the performance.

If anything, it shows how bad we are at turning attacks into goals.

Their XG was 3 times ours.

Their XG was 3 times ours.
You're tempting me back into that debate!

Not surprising, their attacks were far more cohesive than ours.

My point was that we actually had a few more corners and shots than I'd realised. So if we were an efficient Warnock-style side we might have turned some of them into goals.