Match Thread: Sunderland v Lincoln City | Page 9 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Sunderland v Lincoln City

Dose of realism for the team plus us supporters here. Slack defending for all 3 goals.
Our attacking players can't get into the game
O'Connor needed for a bit of steel??

So we are where we are. Need to score a first goal quickly in second half and then get some self belief.

As bad as it's been IMO we should be 1-0 down and have given away two unbelievably stupid goals and killed the game

Oooooh, should I listen to the second half or take the family to Star Wars?

I'm not sure that the force is with us, but I will listen in to iFollow until I get out at the other end at 4:30.

Have a better afternoon all.

Just not at the game so far. Normally we defend well but not today, and just to make matters worse the rest of the team just aren’t playing. Grant and Payne have tried to be too clever and lost possession a couple of times. The midfielders aren’t playing together at all. Anderson not in the game and Toffolo and Eardley have been pinned back. MA got his work cut out to pull something out of this one. Feel sorry for Bossie - possibly his calf again. I did notice he limped slightly a minute or two before he went down. OK - so that’s the bad stuff. Half time - reboot and go again from the whistle but let’s get about them and let them know they are in a game. Might as well give Elbouzedi a crack at it, especially if we are still 3 down after 60 mins. Push Grant up and replace Hesketh or Payne with O’Connor.

As bad as it's been IMO we should be 1-0 down and have given away two unbelievably stupid goals and killed the game

I have no complaints about the scoreline, we haven't managed a single shot on goal, either on target or not, and most of them look like they're wading through treacle.

Sunderland miles better everywhere.

The only thing is that the goals, especially the 2nd and 3rd are absolute gifts. Otherwise fair enough.

good chance to try the new guy with nothing to lose, will be interesting to see how much fight is in this team.
big hearted imps nows your chance.

I have no complaints about the scoreline, we haven't managed a single shot on goal, either on target or not, and most of them look like they're wading through treacle.

Sunderland miles better everywhere.

The only thing is that the goals, especially the 2nd and 3rd are absolute gifts. Otherwise fair enough.

That's my post but with more words to be fair!

I was thinking after the last 2 games, the Appleton method was taking hold in a positive way even before bringing in his 'own' players but today has been a huge step back.

Poor selection? Over ambitious with Grant in CM and rushing Shackell back?

Or poor execution? Think the second, we've gifted the goals but haven't got a foothold in the game.

Need more steel, MoC in second half?