Match thread Spurs v Forest sponsored by the Korean Tourist Board | Page 15 | Vital Football

Match thread Spurs v Forest sponsored by the Korean Tourist Board

The reason I'm so against this one was that I was livid at the time sat there shouting at the screen to get up and help us defend, just knew he was milking something to try and get decision he clearly wasn't getting. It was 1-1 and if we had conceded then it would have been a really poor judgement call by Yates to try and manipulate a situation in that position and circumstance to get someone sent off.

I've been really vocal about the shit decisions we have had recently but don't see this one as a big thing in comparison to some of the other decisions recently; which is why I'm surprised to see you vocal about this wolfie when you have lambasted others for moaning about decisions recently. Particularly the drop ball one.

Anyway that's my view of it, I'd certainly fancy my chances in a Tesco car park against anyone considering that a punch.

Not complaining about the decision

I'm just saying Yates was doing his job. Trying it on and it could have worked

So I'm saying it wasn't embarrassing from Yates. Its also worked before I remember when he's asked for VAR and got a player sent off?

Yes, it's been a regular thing recently. Sels stands in the middle of the goal, and someone else takes the goal kick, and rolls it towards him. As you say it seems pointless and risky. I also don't understand the point of rolling the ball back to the keeper to boot the ball down the pitch. On many occasions, if you're going to boot the ball down the pitch, why doesn't the defender just do it from twenty or thirty yards further up the pitch ? This seems to be done by most teams.
Why doesn't murrilo just take them and have a pop at goal each time.

Not complaining about the decision

I'm just saying Yates was doing his job. Trying it on and it could have worked

So I'm saying it wasn't embarrassing from Yates. Its also worked before I remember when he's asked for VAR and got a player sent off?
I dont agree that it was embarassing at all. Despite niggling and scrapping, you dont 'actually' punch someone. maddo should be emabarassed and the var and ref embarassed whilst yates actually feeling quiTe indignant about it. It was a disgrace not to send him off.

I dont agree that it was embarassing at all. Despite niggling and scrapping, you dont 'actually' punch someone. maddo should be emabarassed and the var and ref embarassed whilst yates actually feeling quiTe indignant about it. It was a disgrace not to send him off.

Also Yates got criticised on here when he wasn't complaining enough about Liverpool getting the ball back and when the player moved the free kick against us

Can't criticise him for bringing that to refs attention yesterday

Also Yates got criticised on here when he wasn't complaining enough about Liverpool getting the ball back and when the player moved the free kick against us

Can't criticise him for bringing that to refs attention yesterday
And for not pointing out what Toney was doing

Despite any non league ref being competent enough to point to his linesman and tell him to watch the ball to make sure they don't move it

My point is it's a really bad judgement call to go down there and stay down at that point in the game. You would have to be very certain that what happened was worthy of a sending off to stay down and risk play continuing with pressure in our box. I'm not necessarily against trying to get the upper hand by getting someone sent off but that doesn't strike me as a clever time to do it.

Felipe throttling Fernandes was worse the other week.

I've not once called Yates out for not bringing things to refs attention. The drop ball one I've never said that about the situation as we did, MGW was telling the ref.

I still don't even see what others are seeing. I really cannot see a punch. He turns into him and pushes him away. Looked at it gid knows how many times now so I must be blind. I'll shut up and not say anymore on it as I'm boring myself as much as everyone else.

The reason I'm so against this one was that I was livid at the time sat there shouting at the screen to get up and help us defend, just knew he was milking something to try and get decision he clearly wasn't getting. It was 1-1 and if we had conceded then it would have been a really poor judgement call by Yates to try and manipulate a situation in that position and circumstance to get someone sent off.

I've been really vocal about the shit decisions we have had recently but don't see this one as a big thing in comparison to some of the other decisions recently; which is why I'm surprised to see you vocal about this wolfie when you have lambasted others for moaning about decisions recently. Particularly the drop ball one.

Anyway that's my view of it, I'd certainly fancy my chances in a Tesco car park against anyone considering that a punch.
I don't think Yates' act was any more shameful than the dives by Maddison and Son for penalties. I actually think he had a point and that Madison is a big piece of shit (sorry mod).

Many times the referee did not give fouls for us, but at the same time gave soft fouls for TH. I am very annoyed by this continuous support of the "big 6" teams.

By the way, Tottenham Hotspur has never been, is not and never will be one of the "big 6". In London - yes, but not in England.

At the very least var should tell ref to go to the screen..if he rewatches and thinks it’s no foul then at least he’s had the option to review.

The fact Maddison was asking for cards and the ref literally told son to get up as he dived but neither got a card is a joke

We hadn't been to the new Spurs stadium, but have to admit it's really impressive - beer is cheaper that WFCG and much better choice of food!

We parked near Turkey Street station and were home just after 11pm, even though we stayed to applaud players post match - but opted not to watch highlights, when we got home.

It was mental at half time on the concourse!

Seen the replay of Yates/Maddison incident - had no idea what had happened at the time, but didn't agree with Yates (already booked) giving the VAR symbols. Thought the ref was very lenient for some of the Spurs fouls.

Seen the Wood miss, when he hit the post and didn't realise the Murillo shot from own half was that close. We had some good chances and didn't disgrace ourselves - didn't expect anything, we just need to get a result this weekend!

Once again, Sels pulled off several great saves and thought we gave a reasonable account of ourselves but the gulf in quality/squad depth was evident!

we need a slightly smaller version for the wfcg

My point is it's a really bad judgement call to go down there and stay down at that point in the game. You would have to be very certain that what happened was worthy of a sending off to stay down and risk play continuing with pressure in our box. I'm not necessarily against trying to get the upper hand by getting someone sent off but that doesn't strike me as a clever time to do it.
Both things can be true.

It was a clear punch deserving of a red, but also something Yates could have sorted out after doing a bit of defending.

I had a great view of the Murillo shot, and wondered whether it was going in- a bit like when McGugan scored a long- ranger at Watford where we Forest fans who were behind the opposite goal could see that the shot was going in while mid- air.

I agree with you about the catering prices too. I was all prepared to boycott Spurs on the basis that Levy would be trying to chisel vast sums out of everyone, but two cups of tea came to less than a fiver.

While Sels made some good saves, I did not understand his annoying timewasting on goal kicks, and did you agree with my comment above that his strange thing of getting Murillo to take kicks goal kicks back and forward, which had Son running in time after time, looked as though it was likely to go very wrong? I don't go to enough matches to know if this is a regular thing, but it seems really stupid to me.

We were in block 117, almost level with corner flag - so, we had a reasonable view - goalie was certainly panicking because the wind was really swirling around.

I found the prices more than reasonable, especially compared to Forest - which loads more on offer.

Sels & CH's have been doing the goal kick routine regularly now, not a fan - but, we can't just keep hoofing it long.

At the very least var should tell ref to go to the screen..if he rewatches and thinks it’s no foul then at least he’s had the option to review.

The fact Maddison was asking for cards and the ref literally told son to get up as he dived but neither got a card is a joke
Apparently the commentary from VAR was they reviewed but decided it was not violent conduct. So punching someone in the stomach, isn’t viewed as violent? I wonder where the line is.

So punching someone in the stomach, isn’t viewed as violent? I wonder where the line is.
From this article in The Guardian some time back:

Brian Clough v Nigel Jemson​

It's hard to pick out one outburst from a manager who produced a magnificent catalogue of them in his career but Brian Clough's response to Nigel Jemson's performance in a reserve game is a beauty. After Jemson had indulged in some pointless showboating, Clough asked him to stand up in the dressing room at half-time. "Have you ever been punched in the stomach," Clough asked. When Jemson said he hadn't, Clough replied with a hook to the solar plexus before reportedly finishing his assault with this zinger: "You have now, son. Don't you ever try those fancy tricks again while your mum and dad are in the stand."

To avoid ambiguity, Spurs are 4th in the EPL.

They were never 'there for the taking', though we rattled them and might have won if Wood had got another away hat-trick.

However, reality as we know it has its limits.
Actually, it doesn't, on reflection.

Watched the 3-1 win at Newcastle open-mouthed. Many limits were broken, Geordie fans asked when Chris Wood had become Messi.

Sometimes reality opens out new possibilities, and if we'd gone in 2-1 or 3-1 up today we might have scored a famous victory, but no-one sprinkled fairy dust (Murillo's GOTS attempt and Wood's point-blank chance go in on another day).

I'm hoping for a bit more divine intervention in our remaining games. Can't think of any poster here who could help....

It helps when teams we play are having bad days themselves

(The kind which we often have)

I said at the time Newcastle wont play that bad again all season

The defeat at the weekend obviously means that someone else will be on the Wolverhampton Wanderers thread.........