Match Thread: Shrewsbury Town v Lincoln City | Page 29 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Shrewsbury Town v Lincoln City

Anyone know whats happened to Roughan he who played about ten games at the start of last season and then was banished . Dont know why, seemed to come on well , he wont progress if hes not playing decent level .

He was being tried out by high level clubs but don't know what happened or is still happening with that. But no sight nor sound of him near any squad of ours for some time. Odd.

We would have been drawn against Preston at home as the Northern & Southern Sections were numbered in alphabetical order. We would have been number 12 while Shrewsbury were 18.
Actually, it would have been Oldham at home, because they would have been ball 15 if we had been ball 12.

Walsh is effectively not in the squad. If he does manage to start again in October it will still be quite a time before he gets fit enough and no guarantee he'll get back to his previous excellence.
Melbourne is handy cover but not a first choice upper level of League One centre back.
Montsma also suffering from repeated injuries. Another one not back to his best.
Jackson can hopefully fill one spot.
So reality is two tol level centre backs needed else there'll be a lot more repeats of those last 20 mins of Shrewsbury game.

Right back also needed. Regan Poole is decent. Is there better out there that we can get to join us? If so, we need to go for it. Or just a useful player as back up.

Left back: possibility that Tayo may go. Bramall looks better on the wong. Melbourne looks better in the middle.
So a high level left back may well be needed.
(And is that Jamie Robson one such?)

Oh and another goalie needed.

So essentially defence is a long long way short at the moment.

Is Montsma massively fair? I don't know. He still played 50 games last year and had COVID; if he keeps missing games with the groin issue perhaps but I've not written him off as injured all the time just yet, and the shoulder issue is a bit of a freak one.

I think the conclusion is the same as mine though really, ideally a centre half and a right back (if he could play CB ideal) and I think that's enough.

Is Montsma massively fair? I don't know. He still played 50 games last year and had COVID; if he keeps missing games with the groin issue perhaps but I've not written him off as injured all the time just yet, and the shoulder issue is a bit of a freak one.

I think the conclusion is the same as mine though really, ideally a centre half and a right back (if he could play CB ideal) and I think that's enough.

3 CBs, please. Happy for one of those to be a utility RB type as well.

We have about 17 midfielders and utility forwards/wingers, so it only seems fair. ;)

Anyone know whats happened to Roughan he who played about ten games at the start of last season and then was banished . Dont know why, seemed to come on well , he wont progress if hes not playing decent level .

I read that he's currently another in the sick bay as a result of an injury picked up with the Irish U21s.

Just saw the whole match on I-Follow. Sorry to labour the point previously raised by myself and others, but the commentary with Rob and Mark was absolutely spot on pretty much the whole game - think I only noticed one or two players or game situations wrongly identified, but they were almost immediately corrected by the guys. Is it just me or did anyone else notice?

Just saw the whole match on I-Follow. Sorry to labour the point previously raised by myself and others, but the commentary with Rob and Mark was absolutely spot on pretty much the whole game - think I only noticed one or two players or game situations wrongly identified, but they were almost immediately corrected by the guys. Is it just me or did anyone else notice?
I agree - I listened to it on the night and once Mark got Conor Bramall out of his system, it was very good