Match Thread: Shrewsbury Town v Lincoln City | Page 19 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Shrewsbury Town v Lincoln City

Give that idiot a season's touchline ban.
Absolutely. Have you seen the penalty score though? No miss until the 19th penalty and Gills scored all ten of theirs. They must practice by having Evans standing in goal, got to hit the corner of net to get past him!

Taking the piss surely? We've sold 6,300 season tickets and there will be at least a few hundred away fans for first away day of the season.

Attendance may be down slightly due to holidays and some social hesitancy, but not because if football reasons.

indeed I still elbow old people (especially the daily mail types) if they get too close I wouldn’t attend a football match

no meltdown from me tonight as could not give toss about the league cup. jury's still out on keeper though. i know only two competitive matches so far but does not breed confidence.

Taking the piss surely? We've sold 6,300 season tickets and there will be at least a few hundred away fans for first away day of the season.

Attendance may be down slightly due to holidays and some social hesitancy, but not because if football reasons.
I'm sure it will be a more than healthy crowd, not helped however by the Fleetwood lot, who are coming down in a charabanc and a B.S.A. and sidecar.

Not at all bothered at losing that. We played 61 games last season, and it showed in the latter stages. That was half a dozen too many in such a compacted season and our league form will be better for not playing so many this time around. I'm sorry if that sounds negative to some people, but it really is not - I would rather have promotion than a second round League Cup tie away to Bournemouth.

Two making their first starts, another came on to make his debut.
Is Jackson definitely injured? Is Monstma?
Who knows a defender may arrive before the weekend.
Appleton said that he wanted to win but needed to get minutes into players.
Frustrating night but some positives against the disappointment of losing.

no meltdown from me tonight as could not give toss about the league cup. jury's still out on keeper though. i know only two competitive matches so far but does not breed confidence.
He's here to learn as well. 20+ clean sheets last season so has something about him. Might just need a decent first save on Saturday and a big lift from the fans to get his mojo going.

Never mind. its a shite cup anyhow. poor prize money and a chance to play a premier league teams reserves in the next round. Its not the end of the world at all. We can concentrate on the league.
Agreed. A toweling from Arsenal reserves at the risk of further injuries is something we can currently do without.
Definitely need the extra players to come in. Our luck with central defenders appears to be continuing.
Early days for the young keeper with some saves and a couple of errors. I would hope the second keeper will be a bit more experienced and on an equal footing squad wise. That will give another genuine option and help the young lad iron out any issues.