Match Thread: Scunthorpe United v Lincoln City | Vital Football

Match Thread: Scunthorpe United v Lincoln City

Jules

Website Owner
Staff member
I was going to attend this match, but I will be on here instead.

The alternative route East Midlands Trains sent me was stupid!

Ridiculous innit, 35 miles and impossible to get to.

Quite a few years ago I hitchhiked up the A15 to see a free gig in Scunthorpe that had the Pogues and Boomtown Rats playing.

Cor! That's a blast from the past.

I went too albeit I took a coach, that got stuck in the mud after the show. There was quite a hoopla about it as was straight after Live Aid. The tone was set by a band way down the bill called Hard Rain and it did for the most of the day. I remember seeing Elvis Costello getting a beer, I think he was going out with Pogues bass player at the time Cait O'Riordan.

I was going to attend this match, but I will be on here instead.

The alternative route East Midlands Trains sent me was stupid!
Nottingham to Hull on a Saturday proved to be a good one after a Test Match at Trent Bridge. I remember sitting on the platform at Leeds about 11pm waiting for my third connection. I had been getting calls all evening from my mates who had got back to North Lincs about four hours earlier to let me know how good the beer was at The Station Hotel. It was closing time so they thought they would wish me good night and bon voyage.

They are showing a lot of faith in Chapman, aren't they? Only seven players have played more pre-season minutes than he has.

I wonder whether there’s an element of shop window re Chapman. We’ll see in the next few weeks I guess.

They are showing a lot of faith in Chapman, aren't they? Only seven players have played more pre-season minutes than he has.

I think he is going out on loan but against a lot of quality players they want to give him game time as he will learn a lot at this higher level even in friendlies. They can analyse his performances and highlights areas to improve while he's on loan then.

I think it's just part of getting 'easy' minutes into a young player in friendly games. All adds up for his development, especially against Wednesday/Stoke kind of sides.