Match Thread: Rochdale v Lincoln City | Page 28 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Rochdale v Lincoln City

Poor first half, much improved second half. Very good goal, cross from my MOTM and nice glance from Walker. Fully deserved, but couldn't help thinking if Akinde had been brought on sooner, against a clearly tiring Rochdale, we may just have pinched all three points.
I thought the same listening on the radio, but difficult to tell when you can't see the game. At least he didn't take Walker off this time.

Connolly seemed to be running the game over the final half an hour - or was that just the commentary?

Good point away from home in the circumstances. It’s funny to flick through the comments on here after the match has finished - I’m ashamed that some of you lot call yourselves Lincoln ‘fans’. Payne a ‘liability’? Go back to supporting Man United.

He is if he tires to beat half a team gives the ball away and the opposition score (not for the first time this season). He is a good footballer but he will not be any higher then us if he plays like that. PS I have only ever supported the imps and have done so well before most of the imps team were born.

I don’t think you should feel ashamed, you should embrace a difference of opinion. The world would be very boring if we all acted and thought the same things.

Good point away from home in the circumstances. It’s funny to flick through the comments on here after the match has finished - I’m ashamed that some of you lot call yourselves Lincoln ‘fans’. Payne a ‘liability’? Go back to supporting Man United.
I have just spent a little time reviewing some posts during the match thread .There are some fickle folk

I thought the same listening on the radio, but difficult to tell when you can't see the game. At least he didn't take Walker off this time.

Connolly seemed to be running the game over the final half an hour - or was that just the commentary?

Connolly is fond of the long raking crossfield pass. However, he did play one decent diagonal pass, which released Harry/Bruno down the left. More of the same, please.

I'm yet to be convinced, but I said that about Tom Pett....

He was better last half an hour definitely. When Rochdale set in he was very good at dictating the game and hitting passes from side to side, helped get toffolo and andrade playing around their box. Was less good at playing passes through the lines or getting hold of it when they were on top for the first half.

Toffolo was terrific as he has been so far this season. We just need a bit more physicality. Morrell, Connolly, Grant and Payne all good players but a O'Hara type player would have been ideal as winter beckons.

Can't understand the comments about the defence. Played two games and given away about 4 half chances.

A point as always a good return away from home, however gained. Second half was encouraging. Got to remember this is basically a new attacking set up, with players still finding their feet. Walker is what everyone wanted a goal scorer and he's scoring goals.

People just need to adjust to the fact this is L1, no ones a walk over.

Looking forward to Saturday.

iFollow up and working for me. But I had to exit the browser and go back in and then disable Adblock.
I could not get the video to work on Chromebook. The audio link worked. I watched it on my mobile phone app, which i hate doing. Any help for the future appreciated, if anyone has any idea. Thanks

I have just spent a little time reviewing some posts during the match thread .There are some fickle folk

That's football for you. First half appalling. Second half better. What would you like people to say when their team is playing poorly?

"Woops the keeper dropped the ball and they've scored. Well that's a talking point for sure."
"It would be really nice for my super team who I love so much and are beyond criticism not to pass it straight to the opposition every once in a while."
"That premiership star in the making in the centre there just needs some comforting words and an arm round his shoulder."
"If only we were playing rugby, that free kick would have been brilliant."
"Oh gee this game isn't my favourite ever."

?

That's football for you. First half appalling. Second half better. What would you like people to say when their team is playing poorly?

"Woops the keeper dropped the ball and they've scored. Well that's a talking point for sure."
"It would be really nice for my super team who I love so much and are beyond criticism not to pass it straight to the opposition every once in a while."
"That premiership star in the making in the centre there just needs some comforting words and an arm round his shoulder."
"Oh gee this game isn't my favourite ever."

?
Grow up man.

No Connolly was good 2nd half. Would like to see him at CB when we’re controlling games so we can get more further forwards and control higher up.

Depends what you call old I suppose.Is 57 old?. I won't take offence .Still plenty of life left in me mate.Try harder.

Okay. It's rather odd that you would take the time to examine posts written in real time, which express emotions as they are felt, and then set yourself up as an arbiter to pronounce after the fact about their permanency.

Time for you to grow up. Or at least get a little less self-aggrandising.

No Connolly was good 2nd half. Would like to see him at CB when we’re controlling games so we can get more further forwards and control higher up.

Think that's an interesting idea. He looks a bit lightweight to me sometimes, but one thing I was thinking today is that we're trying to build from the back but don't have a CB who can use the ball quite well enough on recent evidence. Neither bolger or shackell really beat the press at all today, it's all side to side and back, or Morrell has to come get it and sometimes it looked like a 4-2-4/ 5-1-4 with very little to work with for him. I think at times a confident ball playing CB could have clipped balls to advanced full backs or andrade/Harry.

Okay. It's rather odd that you would take the time to examine posts written in real time, which express emotions as they are felt, and then set yourself up as an arbiter to pronounce after the fact about their permanency.

Time for you to grow up. Or at least get a little less self-aggrandising.
Still not trying hard enough

Classic game of two halves, second best in the first - not so much 'not interested' as out competed by 'Dale, losing most second balls, not really linking up, the likes of Bruno running into cul-de-sacs. Poor goal and defence looked shaky. 'Dale didn't play like a side spanked last time out and low on confidence, but gee'd up to right a wrong, though we helped them somewhat first half.

Whatever they had in their half time tea, can I have some? Totally transformed second half, upped the tempo and sustained for most of the half, linked the passes and supported each much better, Morrell and Connolly bossing the midfield, Bruno now a threat every time he had the ball, Toff magnificent on the ball and everywhere off it. As 'Dale tired we looked most likely to win it, snuffing out a couple of breaks with Morrell notably bringing one potential clean break under control.

Who's said Payne a liablity? Provided our best chance first half with a twisty run in a crowded part of the box ending in pen shout when Connolly went down (bit theatrically, tbh), always a busy threat second half and unlucky not to score on a couple of occasions, seemed convinced one was a handball.

JMcC and AW slow with the subs, needed JA on 10 minutes earlier at least.

Ultimately, to use another cliche, we'll 'take the point', if they can continue the form of the second half we'll be doing ok post DC/NC. Hope Clive enjoyed it and didn't get too many hassling him to know how the manager search was progressing.