Match Thread: Rochdale v Lincoln City | Page 27 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Rochdale v Lincoln City

Completely agree. Watched on IFollow without using this forum dropping in at half time and at the end. Short memories some supporters with plenty of unnecessary jibes evident

Probably unfair on a few but new fans v older fans for me.

Oxford only managed a 0-0 against Bolton tonight. We can take heart, we need not fear them. I wonder if we'll have a new manager by then?

Credit to Harry Toffalo he gave it everything and in the last 30 was all over the pitch, didn’t see his interview on Saturday but his performance in the second half tonight was leadership material.
Future captain and manager I reckon.

So that was frustrating again.

Shocking mistake in goal from Vickers and that's pretty much all he had to do.

Defence recovered from looking very poor in the early stages. Toffolo looks like he could play premiership if he continues to improve.

Morrell was very good. Connolly looks a little lost in CM but could be a very useful CB. Has good reviews from playing there at previous clubs and could help us retain and recycle possession into the wings which Bolger and Shackell aren't capable of.

Payne looked back to his form in the early days. Was a constant menace and will cause teams who try to play out from the back all sorts of problems. Andrade looked the £1mil player many believe he is. Anderson was workmanlike but to be honest probably didn't add too much creativity or incision.

Walker was stranded. All round game isn't great but he is a fantastic finisher if you get him the chances. Akinde obviously still has a huge part to play and should be getting used more.

McCombe is evidently more of a coach than a manager. A coach can set you up to play a certain way very well but they don't have the speed of thought to change the game and can't make the decisions quick enough. Akinde was brought on 20 minutes too late. He shouldn't be near the manager role long term.

We looked like we needed leadership on the pitch in the early stages. Cowleys often provided us with this and we looked a little lost.

Today we didn't win because of the referee again though. Every small decision goes their way. He got the big decisions correct (other than when to call full time) but those small issues should have accumulated into something much bigger and there should have been more bookings to their team. 3rd week in a row where a poor refereeing performance has hurt us. But he didn't make Vickers tap it at their players feet.

They're poor, relegation candidates most likely. Game plan was to play out of defence (which they weren't capable of) get it into the feet of the striker who's dropped off the defence and try to play it into one of the 3 attacking mids who are rushing the defence to cause panic and mistakes. Worked for 25-30 mins. Once the defence pushed up and crowded a knackered Henderson out they were in trouble. No surprise a team like that got smashed 6-0. The rolling around and cheating should make it a feisty affair next time they come to play us though.

Commentators were a mess again. One evidently had a cold and couldn't tell which of our players were which. Never mind their players. Shame as they were much better for MK Dons away.

Thanks for this summary. Having no comms or ifollow, reading the comments during the game you’d have thought we were bottom 7 of the conference and the last 3 and a half years were a dream.

Probably unfair on a few but new fans v older fans for me.

The players did look sorry for themselves first half. Shackle hasn’t played well and always gets booked. It should be Bolger and Bostwick.

I can see Anderson Toffolo and Andrade all going to Huddersfield in January for probably a large amount of money. This will fund the new managers team which always happens when a new person is in charge. So there were be ins and outs

Poor first half, much improved second half. Very good goal, cross from my MOTM and nice glance from Walker. Fully deserved, but couldn't help thinking if Akinde had been brought on sooner, against a clearly tiring Rochdale, we may just have pinched all three points.

I'd make him captain tomorrow. His passion and enthusiasm comes through in every game. Motivates others relentlessly. Leads by example. Great connection with supporters too. Shackell not doing this.

Sort of agree on Shackell. Crap refs but we are also picking up too many bookings for dissent. Second half at one point Connolly was in a shoving match and there wasn't an imps player in twenty yards, expected someone to be backing him up or pulling him away. Toff a good captain as a 100 percenter, passionate player and Morrell is really the brains of it all in midfield imo

Good point away from home in the circumstances. It’s funny to flick through the comments on here after the match has finished - I’m ashamed that some of you lot call yourselves Lincoln ‘fans’. Payne a ‘liability’? Go back to supporting Man United.

Mansfield got hammered lol!
0-0 with 16 minutes remaining. Stagsnet is a riot of fun at the moment - useless manager (what did they really expect?), absentee owners (what do they really expect) and dwindling crowds (3567). Apparently, Lady P posted a few indiscreet things on Twitter over the weekend, such as not wanting to sack DF but being outvoted by the men etc. That club will be up for sale soon, it has all the hallmarks.