Match Thread: Rochdale v Lincoln City | Page 20 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Rochdale v Lincoln City

3 points away from home. Always in command and we had room to play some lovely football, some nice through balls. The midfield were much more noticable today at breaking up the Rochdale attacks. Everyone had a good game.

We were back to our best in the second half, and were pretty good in the first half.

Two good goals, the first very well taken by Jones considering he's a right-footed player.

Everyone was on top of their game, and well as Robbie Gotts had been playing recently I thought Eyoma was even better today. Another excellent game from Tom Hopper, although I wondered if he might understandably be tiring towards the end and wondered if Scully might replace him - but I expect he can have a rest next Tuesday.

Peterborough lose for the fifth time in six games with only four goals scored, and they lost the game before that on penalties too.

And Lee Johnson gets off to a flier at home to Wigan, losing to their only shot on target all game. Sunderland are now eight points behind us and are next up in the league.

Lewis Montsma's goal was City's 40th of the season from their 23rd game.

For those who like comparisons, Danny's team scored 46 from their first 23 games in 2016-17.

notiecable difference in physicality looking at Rochdale, compared to say Portsmouth, or Accrington. Rochdale couldn’t stay with us, and we were winning way more 50/50 challenges.

They proved to be ideal opposition. And probably partly due to this our passing looked much better.

the away results are a huge plus after last season. We were back to a very enjoyable team to watch again today. Uti.

Montsma is the best player I've ever seen in a Lincoln shirt. Phenomenal talent. Such a shame we can't see him in the flesh.

One day, I'll wake up and we'll still be struggling in the National League.

To quote Blowers, extraordinary.

That is a big shout.

I think I’d have said I liked Paul Robson if he looked like Lewis though.

Montsma is the best player I've ever seen in a Lincoln shirt. Phenomenal talent. Such a shame we can't see him in the flesh.

One day, I'll wake up and we'll still be struggling in the National League.

To quote Blowers, extraordinary.
If Appleton keeps signing lads like montsma, you might wake up and find we are in the championship.