Match Thread: Portsmouth v Lincoln City | Page 20 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Portsmouth v Lincoln City

Entertaining game. It reminded me of when we beat Exeter 3-2 at Sincil Bank a few years ago thanks to a sprinkle of magic from Ollie Palmer.

I thought we played quite well in spells today, and to be honest, I didn’t think that much to Portsmouth, especially when you consider they are now 20 points ahead of us.

I won’t criticise Jordan Wright too much - mainly because it’s counter productive, but also because his performance confirms what most of us on here were thinking: he simply isn’t a number 1 for next season. Number 2? Yep, zero issues with me.

At 2-0 down, I thought it would be a good question of our character, so they absolutely deserve credit to get it back to 2-2.

There is one stat that isn’t sitting right though - that is now 21 defeats in 43 games. Sure, you get the odd unfortunate loss, but oh my word. Just under 49% of our league games this season have ended in defeat.

Just goes to show how magnificent our ST sales for next season are.

Can’t be bothered to train my brain with the various permutations - for me, it’s simple. Win on Monday and we’re safe.

UTI.

Put more simply, Gillingham need to win all 3 remaining games to finish above us. If they beat Fleetwood, Fleetwood need to win their other 3 games and hope Lincoln pick up no more than a point. Those three scenarios all happening is very, very unlikely.
…sure I said something similar leading up to, and at, the Vetch Field in 1987.

Walsh and Bridcutt are in the same ilk. It really amazes me that we are going to stay the league. It really has been a disaster.

Enjoyed the game today, especially seeing some minutes for House and Sanders.

Felt a bit sorry for Wright, but its a learning experience for young keepers, and Griffiths made similar errors.

I'm sure others have already said it, but we move the ball much quicker without Maguire!

Joe Walsh out for the rest of the season with a hamstring strain; Bridcutt and Bramall also out for the season.
How many sicknotes in one season? Where’s the due diligence and they’re not training on the Sobraon Barracks bumps are they?

How many sicknotes in one season? Where’s the due diligence and they’re not training on the Sobraon Barracks bumps are they?
That old expression 'crocked' comes to mind - when a player simply cannot play professional football anymore. Darren Anderton, Michael Owen, Alan Roberts...

Well, we deserved a draw on the balance of play overall.

Regarding Wright, I would never criticise a goalkeeper for NOT saving a penalty. As for his ability, I think he's perhaps on a par with Josh Griffiths - has made some brilliant saves in the games he's played, and his failure to hold onto the ball for their third goal today reminds me of Griffiths at Gillingham at the start of the season when he spilled the ball for them to score.

I thought Norton-Cuffy and Poole had good games, Fiorini had a better first half than second and Marquis played better than he has done recently. Well-taken goal from Bishop, but poor defending for it from Portsmouth.

Maguire out with a hamstring rest of the season too. Our medical side and training needs an in depth investigation in the summer. Its now gone well beyond the scope of being "unlucky" or a short close season.

Maguire out with a hamstring rest of the season too. Our medical side and training needs an in depth investigation in the summer. Its now gone well beyond the scope of being "unlucky" or a short close season.
perhaps our medical team can't help because they are all injured.
It wouldn't be a surprise would it!