Match Thread: Portsmouth v Lincoln City | Page 18 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Portsmouth v Lincoln City

Good grief, end to end. A very spirited performance. On balance of the game, we fully deserved to get at least a point. But, ultimately, you can’t gift a side two goals like we did and expect to get anything. Frustrating.

Pompey have been pretty mediocre too tbh

Some of their final play has been awful and they properly let us back in.

Team is infuriating this season. Didn't expect anything but we conspire to make it harder for ourselves even when we do well.

AAAARGHHH

Honestly that was one of the best games I've seen either live or via IFollow this season. The old played worse and won really applies today

Back to back games conceding three goals in each. It’s not the time to be shipping goals, but at least we’re backing ourselves to commit players upfield to create chances. Just need to cut out the errors in dangerous parts of the pitch. Wright has come in and done really well for us, but has looked a bit raw in the last couple of games.

Very frustrating. Great display but thought we Beat ourselves really with two daft defensive errors. very frustrated with our lack of urgency in added time. Sorry but for me it’s time to get that ball in the box not tippy tappy at the back. Big big game on a Monday. UTI 👊💥👏

although we lost, i enjoyed that. a brave effort to come back from 2 down. mixed performances for the imps. quite a few mistakes and lack of concentration, showing we have a few players not good enough for this division, but they are young and hopefully will improve. I think we are staying up.

Glad fleetwood didn't turn it around at the end, should still be too much for them to do but glad it isn't slightly closer as don't hugely trust us to do our end of the whole bargain

That had most emotional responses covered. Some real quality in there amongst a couple of calamitous errors and that in the final analysis is what it came down to.

More positives to be taken from the game than not and errors aside that was probably our best half of the season, certainly from an attacking sense.

well both Wimbledon and Fleetwood lost and Gillingham drew. Morecambe won

Wimbledon can only get to our points total now and we have a +14 GD on them.

Fleetwood have 4 to play but that includes a game at Gillingham which I think will be the loser goes down match.

Terrific performance with skill and spirit, punished for 3 mistakes. Deserved something from it but football doesn't always work like that, it's why we love the game.